IGNORED

Calvin Andrew.......call Me Crazy But....

old_man_terry

.....personally I didn't think he was as bad as some made out when we had him on loan couple of seasons back, only started one game, with 2 very brief sub appearances, but at the time showed himself to a be quick, strong and with a good eye for goal.

just watching him play against Liverpool and although he is no doubt raising his game as he's in the shop window, does look to be a fairly decent player, only scored 4 this season in his best season to date, but looks a very good prospect for the future and maybe even this season at 21 offers some great pace and isn't going to be restricted to cameo's ala Byfield.

Plymouth have been after him and have made a bid of around 250k apparently, considering how skint Luton are, could be worth a 2nd look at.....

.....personally I didn't think he was as bad as some made out when we had him on loan couple of seasons back, only started one game, with 2 very brief sub appearances, but at the time showed himself to a be quick, strong and with a good eye for goal.

just watching him play against Liverpool and although he is no doubt raising his game as he's in the shop window, does look to be a fairly decent player, only scored 4 this season in his best season to date, but looks a very good prospect for the future and maybe even this season at 21 offers some great pace and isn't going to be restricted to cameo's ala Byfield.

Plymouth have been after him and have made a bid of around 250k apparently, considering how skint Luton are, could be worth a 2nd look at.....

Not a bad shout IMO, depends if he could do it at this level though, did he play with luton at this level last year?

spent most of last season injured, but has played at this level a bit, wouldn't be the signing that everyone would be signing and dancing about, but just watching 40mins tonight, he's shown a good work ethic, good positioning, good in the air, good on the deck and lighting.

have no doubt that GJ is watching and looking for a bargain

spent most of last season injured, but has played at this level a bit, wouldn't be the signing that everyone would be signing and dancing about, but just watching 40mins tonight, he's shown a good work ethic, good positioning, good in the air, good on the deck and lighting.

have no doubt that GJ is watching and looking for a bargain

good shout, no harm in trying, won't be expensive

I must be getting old, I don't remember him. Which games did he feature for us?

I think hes worth a chance seeing we took a chance on trundle and he cost £1m. We could get him for probably 350k and he certainly got a lot more pace than trundle. Again he is not a proven goalscorer in the championship, but neither was trundle and price wise he is not going to be as big a gamble.

maybe, but when you have to train all week and play on a saturday knowing you might not be picking your wage slip up for a couple of weeks then that is always going to play on a back of a players mind. so that is bound to effect hes performence is it not?

He wasn't exactly on fire before that was he?

In response to the title - You're Crazy

However, I don't see what Andrew would add to what we already have - he isn't scoring many either! Who do we get instead - who knows. I can't think of a quick, first touch striker who would come into our budget. At the outside, Beckford, but having heard what Wise said about Derby today there is about as much chance of that as...

He did look OK when here but remember he came because we had injury problems upfront. I can't see he is any better than the players we already have so GJ won't be interested.

If you want to take a gamble on a young player untried at this level why not go with the ones we already have on our books Plummer and JMW but who would you drop ????

Talking of loan signings, who was that guy a season or two ago who we got from birmingham on loan? he played about 3 games and then went back.. i think he played on the right? nick someone?.. i thought he looked pretty sharpe and then all of a sudden he left the club.. any one know where he is now?

Talking of loan signings, who was that guy a season or two ago who we got from birmingham on loan? he played about 3 games and then went back.. i think he played on the right? nick someone?.. i thought he looked pretty sharpe and then all of a sudden he left the club.. any one know where he is now?

he went back because his grandad suddenly died.

now playing for Tamworth...........is Aaron Brown still there? :noexpression:

He was crap tonight.

don't base your opinions on that fountain of knowledge Andy Gray.

''He's a top top player''...

Since when?

The words highlighted above sould NEVER be used together in the same post.

but your quite right dezgimed; anything Andy Gray says is a lie. It's a fundamental rule of the football universe.

Archived