IGNORED

Palace Ticket Confusion

PhatWill

When Palace tickets were first put on sale it said we had 3,900 pay on the day and that 1,000 had been sent in advance.

Now there is no mention of this 3,900 figure and all the OS is saying is that we have 2,500 tickets with only 500 left.

Is this the final 500 we are going to get? Or will more be available to pay on the day?

When Palace tickets were first put on sale it said we had 3,900 pay on the day and that 1,000 had been sent in advance.

Now there is no mention of this 3,900 figure and all the OS is saying is that we have 2,500 tickets with only 500 left.

Is this the final 500 we are going to get? Or will more be available to pay on the day?

That's how many we were sent in advance. I assume the rest are available on the day, although admittedly it doesn't mention the original amount any more.

I ASSUME we still have 3,800 or so if needed and they will open up the extra block on the day if we sell lots. But I was a bit confused too.

Also worth remembering that only 6 turnstiles open on day and Palace fans I know say this has caused problems before- so get to ground early

I have a mate who's ringing up Palace now but it's a shame that the info given on the official site isn't clear enough.

Put it like this, if you hadn't seen the 3,900 ticket news item then you'd think 'sh1t there are only 500 tickets left I'd better ring up and get one'.

Just got this email off 'tins':

Just rang Palace and they said that there will be tickets made available on the door should we sell our allocation. They couldn't confirm how much but said to ring back on Friday to get an idea of how many will be made available

Yeah, unfortunately it seems like another BCFC ticketing fiasco. I rang them up five minutes before I rang Palace and the woman I spoke to said the 2,547 tickets we'd received was indeed our final allocation and that no more would be made available on the day.

Fast forward to my convo with the very helpful Palace lady who, after putting me on hold to clarify the situation, said there will be tickets made available on the day but couldn't confirm how many. She worringly had no idea where this 3,800 number came from though so what on earth are City playing at here then? :dunno:

Yeah, unfortunately it seems like another BCFC ticketing fiasco. I rang them up five minutes before I rang Palace and the woman I spoke to said the 2,547 tickets we'd received was indeed our final allocation and that no more would be made available on the day.

Fast forward to my convo with the very helpful Palace lady who, after putting me on hold to clarify the situation, said there will be tickets made available on the day but couldn't confirm how many. She worringly had no idea where this 3,800 number came from though so what on earth are City playing at here then? :dunno:

Shambles. Good job I brought it up as most I know were assuming 3,800 were available... More than 500 City will be paying on the day I reckon so they better give us more seats or it's the home end.

Shambles. Good job I brought it up as most I know were assuming 3,800 were available... More than 500 City will be paying on the day I reckon so they better give us more seats or it's the home end.

I just don't understand why City publish the 3,800 figure, or for that matter where they've plucked it from. Why then pull it from the away fans info and complicate the matter further? I'd have got my tickets ages ago if I'd have known this sort of fiasco was going to arise but January's a long month money wise and couldn't justify it.

From what the Palace lady said, there will be POTD there so we should be ok. Failing that, Millwall are at home just down the road I believe...

The internet football ground guide states:

"Away fans are located in one side of the Arthur Wait Stand near to the Holmesdale Road End, where just over 2,000 away supporters can be accommodated. "

I think this needs to be clarifed otherwise it could cause problems on Saturday.

Oh G0d!! This could be fun.......

The annoying thing is i was in the que to get them at the Colchester game, but thought **** it and went to the pub :noexpression:

I shouldn't worry mate.

The worst case scenario is we get there and you can't gain admission to the away end so we just all sit in the home end!

I expect though there will be plenty of tickets on sell on the day and there is no need to worry....either way I'm not missing the match.

Yeh but what if the club has made a mistake and we never had 3,800????

Knowing city they will put up that is ALL TICKET tomorrow afternoon :disapointed2se:

Well I'm going to cheer for City at Crystal Palace on Saturday. End of story. If that has to be in the home end, then so be it...they made the mistake, so they can sort out the mess that it results in.

Well I'm going up there ticket less and I ain't going all the way to London to find out there is no tickets so it would have to be the home end if there is no away tickets available.

Well I'm going up there ticket less and I ain't going all the way to London to find out there is no tickets so it would have to be the home end if there is no away tickets available.

Ill be joining you, Be a little peed of though as city said at the beginning it will be POTD and we have been 3.8k tickets

don't PANIC!

There are 3,800 tickets available. I don't think the club would state this if it wasnt true.

We will/have sold 2,000 odd. Cant see more than 800 travelling without tickets. Therefore loads of tickets left!!!!

P.S. Cant see us getting a result there though. Pessimistic as usual me.

There are 3,800 tickets available. I don't think the club would state this if it wasnt true.

But they aren't saying that anymore, hence the confusion.

City are well into their third ticket allocation for Saturday's trip to Crystal Palace - and are set to be followed by a bumper award crowd.

City started off with just over 1,000 tickets, but they were soon snapped up and a second allocation was sent, taking the total of away tickets to 2,242.

But City have since received another bundle of tickets for the away end, meaning their allocation is now at 2,574. Of that allocation, just 512 or so tickets remain.

The match is still pay on the day for travelling supporters, however with just six turnstiles available to the City fans on Saturday - the Eagles are advising supporters to purchase in advance of travel wherever possible.

Meanwhile, 1,172 tickets have been sold for the February 2nd trip to Queens Park Rangers. City were initially handed 1,500 Upper Tier tickets.

So that's 2'600 in line with what most are saying on here, but what about the POTD allocation...?

A Palace fan on the EnglandFans forum has confirmed that the total capacity for away seating stands at 3,800 but that includes segregation.

Carl Davies

Our whole away end including segregation area holds about 3,800. Nobody has come close to filling it for a year or so. As you said earlier, Palace will happily take the cash off of you and allow 3,800. It won't be unreserved but will def be on sale in away end on the day.

Archived