IGNORED

Marlon King To Fulham (merged)

Basso for Brazil

They've taken Colins John on loan, which suggests they aren't going to spend..

plus they also have nathan "i love islam" ellington who they spent £3.5m on earlier in season and has yet to really have a look in.

nice boost during the window

I think they're going to really struggle without him as he's been their most consistent player so far this season.

If they want to spend some of that money on a replacement, they better hurry up becayse they haven't got long left!

The trouble is, as Sir GJ points out, it's not easy just to go out and buy a goalscorer...

Well that's what a proven 20 goal a season costs guys... anyone still clamouring for one?

No wonder why most clubs shop abroad, He's no doubt better than what we got up front but could never see Johnson spending that amount on someone whos only really played in the lower leagues.

Have just seen on sky sports news that fulham have agreed a fee of 5m with watford for marlon king could this mean our chances have just improved on getting the 2nd spot?

Think thats an interesting sell baring in mind where they are in the league and the fact that they surely never had to sell with parachute money . Have they confidence abound with their squad or will they use 2-3 million trying to purchase someone ???? before the end of the window .

Risky risky risky , even though 5 million is a very nice fee for a player in this league .

Thought they might struggle in the next month with ANC and this could help those thoughts along .

Looks like us and WBA then . :disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

Think thats an interesting sell baring in mind where they are in the league and the fact that they surely never had to sell with parachute money . Have they confidence abound with their squad or will they use 2-3 million trying to purchase someone ???? before the end of the window .

Risky risky risky , even though 5 million is a very nice fee for a player in this league .

Thought they might struggle in the next month with ANC and this could help those thoughts along .

Looks like us and WBA then . :disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

Setting yourself up foR a fall with comments like that mate..

.I prefer the one game at a time approach. We did that last season, kept feet on the ground...and then....

ARE YOU WATCHING NOTTINGHAM!!!

One of my best mates goes to all Watford games.

I mentioned about their disappearing promotion chances and also Marlon King going only last week - here is his email response

"Yep we are quite frankly sh*t at the moment. Come March I will have forgotten all about a return to the top division if things carry on like this. We're not just losing or drawing but we don't even look like getting things from games. As regards Marlon, he can ###### off, I have not seen a bloke more disinterested like him the last 5 games. Bad times here but we'll still finish above you. Your fall is around the corner"

They do have a schitload of cash now though.....

Old gashead boothroyd has got to be annoyed after losing King and can't see them buying anything as effective to replace him in the short time left in this window. This season keeps on surprising me and the fact that Johnson has been frugal in the window only reinforces the strength of our team and spirit. He clearly thinks we have more to give which is brave and you've got to admire that about the guy!

Old gashead boothroyd has got to be annoyed after losing King and can't see them buying anything as effective to replace him in the short time left in this window. This season keeps on surprising me and the fact that Johnson has been frugal in the window only reinforces the strength of our team and spirit. He clearly thinks we have more to give which is brave and you've got to admire that about the guy!

They got Collins John on loan until the end of the season, with a view to a permanent move. Could actually work out in Watford's favour as Collins John isnt a bad player. I certainly wouldnt mind having him in our team.

As for the question about still wanting a proven goalscorer, but it costs £5million, as long as it gets us up then who cares? £5million for 4 months, then a £30million windfall for getting promotion. It works well in the long run.

As for the question about still wanting a proven goalscorer, but it costs £5million, as long as it gets us up then who cares? Noone would, but there's no guarantee it would. £5million for 4 months + at least 20k a week for 4 1/2 years = £9+ million, then a £30million windfall for getting promotion. It works well in the long run. If you go up

The problem is..there is no guarantee.

James Beattie cost £4 million..he's "proven" and he will score 20+ goals in this league no problem.

He's injured

Sheffield united are 14th

James Beattie cost £4 million..he's "proven" and he will score 20+ goals in this league no problem.

He's injured

There is no guarantee of goals.

Proven goalscorer?

Go and ask a sheepshagger their views on "proven goalscorer" Robbie Fowler. Quite worth his 7,500 quid per minute at AG wasn't he?

He's injured

Very true but surely its worth the gamble if it pays off. Especially if we go up through the play offs. what's £9million when we get £60million for one game?

But then, as you said, if we don't go up, it could be a waste of money for now. As much as id like to see a new goal-scorer brought in, its a very precarious situation, as GJ and SL know themselves.

Great move for us if all goes through okay, can't see Watford being as much of a threat now.

Of course they are a threat, they are worth 10 times what we are and have an established squad and experience of getting to the premiership.

Cant believe all the complacency on here at the moment...people have very short memories.

We are (massively) punching our weight...and it seems that people think it's nailed on that we will get into the prem (let alone playoffs)

If we lose tomorrow and have a mini bad run, the gap to 7th may well be a lot less.

(don't forget, we are bcfc!)

Of course they are a threat, they are worth 10 times what we are and have an established squad and experience of getting to the premiership.

Cant believe all the complacency on here at the moment...people have very short memories.

We are (massively) punching our weight...and it seems that people think it's nailed on that we will get into the prem (let alone playoffs)

If we lose tomorrow and have a mini bad run, the gap to 7th may well be a lot less.

(don't forget, we are bcfc!)

Agree there.

Whilst I don't say this to my mate (and I am comfortable he wouldn't read this forum) - on paper they are much stronger than we are.

But we've just come out of League 1 and they've just come down from the Premiership.

This time last year we were playing Northampton while they played Arsenal.....

It ain't any shame to be weaker than this lot and makes our current achievements even greater!

But Watford not a threat? You're living in a dreamworld!

Bad run yes. Out of it? Not a chance.

Great move for us if all goes through okay, can't see Watford being as much of a threat now.

Two words;

Nathan Ellington

Has barely got a sniff due to King being in their side, but now he'll have a chance to show why he cost them the best part of £4.5 million last summer.

Hate his Gashead guts, but he's a handy player who'll happily fill King's want-way shoes.

Very true but surely its worth the gamble if it pays off. Especially if we go up through the play offs. what's £9million when we get £60million for one game?

It was £30 million an hour ago, where's this £60 million now come from?

If we went up we'd have to sign players. We'd no doubt get the calls of "we've only got one good striker" £9 million more... "they need back up" £5 million etc etc, if the spend it spend it mob got their wishes that £60 million would evaporate.

I'm quite happy to continue the transfer policy that has got us where we are. I.E. in a position where people want to spend £5 million on a striker to guarantee getting us up!

If we sign a striker from non league for less than £200k I'll trust he's another option and better than what we already have. If we sign a striker from abroad for whatever I'll trust he's another option and better than what we already have. If we sign a striker from the championship for £4 million I'll trust he's another option and better than what we already have.

Gary Johnson is looking at all kinds of striker, we know he knows there's improvements to be made. I want us to sign the right striker, irrespective of his transfer value.

It was £30 million an hour ago, where's this £60 million now come from?

If we went up we'd have to sign players. We'd no doubt get the calls of "we've only got one good striker" £9 million more... "they need back up" £5 million etc etc, if the spend it spend it mob got their wishes that £60 million would evaporate.

I'm quite happy to continue the transfer policy that has got us where we are. I.E. in a position where people want to spend £5 million on a striker to guarantee getting us up!

If we sign a striker from non league for less than £200k I'll trust he's another option and better than what we already have. If we sign a striker from abroad for whatever I'll trust he's another option and better than what we already have. If we sign a striker from the championship for £4 million I'll trust he's another option and better than what we already have.

Gary Johnson is looking at all kinds of striker, we know he knows there's improvements to be made. I want us to sign the right striker, irrespective of his transfer value.

£30million is roughly what you get for getting automatic promotion i think. You get £60million for going up through the play offs. Whch i actually stated.

As for the rest, i quite agree. I trust GJ's judgement and decisions, i might not agree with them all but he knows better than all of us put together, that's why he's the manager. We can speculate to accumulate and all that but at the end of the day, GJ's knows what, and who he wants. And he will only bring players in that he thinks will enhance the squad

£30million is roughly what you get for getting automatic promotion i think. You get £60million for going up through the play offs. Whch i actually stated.

As for the rest, i quite agree. I trust GJ's judgement and decisions, i might not agree with them all but he knows better than all of us put together, that's why he's the manager. We can speculate to accumulate and all that but at the end of the day, GJ's knows what, and who he wants. And he will only bring players in that he thinks will enhance the squad

eh?......it's nothing to do with Promotion via play-offs or automatiically!

£26m is the minimum a club gets for a season in the premiership from the Various TV deals, the bottom club will received £26m where as the champions get £50m

around £50m is the amount that a club will gain from promotion, if they gain promtion to the prem but then get relegated right away, I.E - £26m for a season of TV money, plus if they go straight down they get 2 yearly parachute payments of around £11.2m, but obviously if you go straight back up again, you get the £26m of TV money and not the 2nd parachute payment.

So basically it's is just under £50m over a 3 year period, not up front.......just for getting promtion

Nah, they're too busy worrying about their own promotion chances. And Leon Best.

Steady!

What's with the "ARE YOU WATCHING NOTTINGHAM" anyway?

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish Mr. King all the very best at Fulham FC and thank Watford FC for the £1.5m sell on fee in the post!

Oh, and we've ended our interest in Leon Best. 3rd and final offer was £1.3m which I thought was way over the top. So £1.3m + £1.5m from King's transfer to Fulham could land us a useful striker I reckon.

Steady!

What's with the "ARE YOU WATCHING NOTTINGHAM" anyway?

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish Mr. King all the very best at Fulham FC and thank Watford FC for the £1.5m sell on fee in the post!

Oh, and we've ended our interest in Leon Best. 3rd and final offer was £1.3m which I thought was way over the top. So £1.3m + £1.5m from King's transfer to Fulham could land us a useful striker I reckon.

ever heard of Lee Trundle.......he's great

Hello chief.

I work in Sandiacre and live in The Park. Have to keep my City colours somewhat under wraps though!

Archived