IGNORED

Police Boast About Their Road Accidents On Facebook !

Mr Mosquito

Acccording to the London Evening Standard newspaper Scotland Yard is launching an inquiry into entries on the Facebook website apparently posted by Police boasting about their road accidents. Metropolitan Police Kommandant Sir Ian Blair said it was "unacceptable" for officers to post pictures bragging about hitting pedestrians and damaging police vehicles. There are 30 pictures of accidents involving police vehicles and is called 'Yes I Have Had A Polcol' - meaning a police collision.

07l17crash19415x275mr5.jpg

Evening Standard website source: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...site/article.do

It is worrying that if I was a victim of crime I might have to deal with people this stupid.

With reference to the piccie below, how the hell did the Police manage to mangle up that Police car so badly in a built up area? They must have crashed it at breathtaking speed and it looks like an expensive new BMW as well. And the Police want more pay from the beleaguered taxpayer - you and me - over and above what they've already been so generously offered ???!!!! :noexpression:

Acccording to the London Evening Standard newspaper Scotland Yard is launching an inquiry into entries on the Facebook website apparently posted by Police boasting about their road accidents. Metropolitan Police Kommandant Sir Ian Blair said it was "unacceptable" for officers to post pictures bragging about hitting pedestrians and damaging police vehicles. There are 30 pictures of accidents involving police vehicles and is called 'Yes I Have Had A Polcol' - meaning a police collision.

Evening Standard website source: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...site/article.do

Interesting that there will be - quote "a rigorous investigation to find those responsible".

What will be the outcome of this - answers on a postcard please ?

How many of these photo's involved deaths , serious injuries and the follow up trauma and recovery ??

To many big ego's in the various forces these days .

Interesting that there will be - quote "a rigorous investigation to find those responsible".

What will be the outcome of this - answers on a postcard please ?

How many of these photo's involved deaths , serious injuries and the follow up trauma and recovery ??

To many big ego's in the various forces these days .

Interestingly, one of the comments to that article in the link I gave to the London Evening Standard read......

"If these are truly from police officers then let's hope they are sacked...but then again, given the current state of the UK, they'll probably be suspended on full pay prior to retiring early due to stress."

- Mn, London

.....sounds about par for the course to me !!!!! :innocent06:

Interestingly, one of the comments to that article in the link I gave to the London Evening Standard read......

"If these are truly from police officers then let's hope they are sacked...but then again, given the current state of the UK, they'll probably be suspended on full pay prior to retiring early due to stress."

- Mn, London

This course of action is often cheaper than going through the courts with claims of unfair dismissal etc....

Add to that the bad publicity the force (s) could possibly get , this then as you say is par for the course.

Same where I work , there are procedures in place for serious breaches of policy but find when serious breaches of policy happen there are 'hush hush' seemingly mutual agreements to early retirement .

The fear of the media exposure can cost big organisations and companies far more .

The media has become a weakness to these orgs and comps , and everyone knows it who challenge .

- Mn, London

I wonder how long it will take the police to fit the culprits? It will probably cost the tax payer thousands of pounds, for something that any "young" person will be able to do in minutes.

I'm disgusted and appalled!

I wonder how long it will take the police to fit the culprits? It will probably cost the tax payer thousands of pounds, for something that any "young" person will be able to do in minutes.

I'm disgusted and appalled!

One picture is of a collision between a marked police vehicle and a small white car. The person who posted it wrote: "I did him a favour. At 82 years old you just shouldn't be on the road and if you are, then most certainly don't go through a green light into the path of an innocent police car." :noexpression:

Source: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/art...site/article.do

With Police 'humour' like thisin evidence, it makes me wonder if there was any truth afterall in the old stories (officially denied of course) that some bored traffic cops used to play 'Snooker' on the roads.

Stop a White car followed by a Red, white/red.. white/red etc & onto the colours up to an eventual pot Black!

(also seen it reported somewhere on TV once where Police in cars on night duty play Hide & Seek with each other during quiet times - ahh bless! ) :(

With reference to the piccie below, how the hell did the Police manage to mangle up that Police car so badly in a built up area?

Officer: "The shoplifter was escaping so we gave chase. He then violently attacked our vehicle with his body before deliberatly

landing near the lamp post in order to lure us into it"

With the Police threatening a ballot for strike action over pay I certainly wont be supporting them and their excessive wage demands.

As many as 15,000 Police officers are expected to march past the Home Office in the protest over their wages on January 23rd next week. It does not surprise me in the least that the Metropolitan Police are planning for another 10,000 to turn up in a counter demonstration to confront those Police demonstrators over Police corruption.

Archived