IGNORED

City Taking Over

Nogbad the Bad

Extended interviews with Jonathon Pearce and Justin Lee Collins with Eamonn Holmes earlier on, now Mark Watson featuring again on fighting talk.

Almost non-stop City chat all morning, lots of mentions of Ashton Gate, Dolman Stand etc.

Justin Lee Collins definitely a City fan, talked of his Dad taking him down "as a nipper" and been a City fan ever since. Described City's performance so far this season as "phenomenal" and will get a ST for the first time ever if we go up.

Jonathon Pearce broke a leg at 14, otherwise hoped to play for City, but admitted he wouldn't have been good enough. Talked of Royle ( life-long friend) Cormack and Norman. Often accused of supporting various Premiership teams due to his job, but none of it's true, his heart has always been at Ashton Gate.

Great publicity for City, and other teams' fans listening this morning must be dizzily impressed at the prolonged and repeated onslaught of Bristol City supporters on the station today. :city:

Great glory hunters!! (Not Pearce) JLC is only intrested if we go up!

I noted that about JLC too, why doesn't he get one now?

Too busy travelling around maybe, but If we do go up he'll be lucky to get one. :yes:

Whether he goes down much or not he showed real enthusiasm for City which was good to hear.

Pearce we can maybe forgive, mostly commentating when we play.

Watson goes in the Dolman.

Makes you think though, City seem to have more than their fair share of 'famous' fans but how many have you actually seen down the Gate supporting the team?

The only one I can think of offhand is Baldrick (several times) who just looked like, and behaved like, an average fan who couldn't keep away.

My son, a keen Blackadder fan, was amazed to find us queuing up next to him and the other fans taking no notice of him at all.

Oh, and Gareth Chilcott.

Makes you think though, City seem to have more than their fair share of 'famous' fans but how many have you actually seen down the Gate supporting the team?

The only one I can think of offhand is Baldrick (several times) who just looked like, and behaved like, an average fan who couldn't keep away.

My son, a keen Blackadder fan, was amazed to find us queuing up next to him and the other fans taking no notice of him at all.

Oh, and Gareth Chilcott.

How about England cricketers Marcus Trescothick (Somerset) and Jon Lewis (Gloucestershire), Premier League Chief Executive Richard Scudamore, world-famous musicians Massive Attack and modern artist Damien Hirst?!

Damien Hirst used to bring Keith Allen and Alex James from Blur down, too.

Also, I was at a cup game once and who should turn up and sit a few rows behind me, but comedian Eddie Izzard and actors Hugo Spearing (The Full Monty - the one with the big...thingy) and Kerry Fox (Shallow Grave). They were filming a drama down in Portishead at the time, and all I could hear throughout the match was Izzard shouting 'Come on! Get into them!' in his really strange voice! Kept cracking up every time I heard it...

Plus, Jenson Button's from Trowbridge, too, so I'd put money on him being a Ciderhead.

Archived