IGNORED

The Positive Effect Of Signing New Players

Bristolian76

Sat listening to the Palace game, sounds like we are playing well but just cant squeeze the ball in the net, I'm not sure whether i feel we do need another striker or not, or whether if we stick with what we have their luck will turn as we have been creating chances.

But the main point is the positive effect signing players can have, ive just been scanning Sky Sports vidiprinter and the likes of Ebanks_Blake, David Edwards, Patrick Agyemang and Rowan Vine have all scored today for their new clubs showing that an injection of fresh blood can push a club on.

As i speak wasted chances have cost us points as Palace grab a second :disapointed2se:

:excl:

Sat listening to the Palace game, sounds like we are playing well but just cant squeeze the ball in the net, I'm not sure whether i feel we do need another striker or not, or whether if we stick with what we have their luck will turn as we have been creating chances.

But the main point is the positive effect signing players can have, ive just been scanning Sky Sports vidiprinter and the likes of Ebanks_Blake, David Edwards, Patrick Agyemang and Rowan Vine have all scored today for their new clubs showing that an injection of fresh blood can push a club on.

As i speak wasted chances have cost us points as Palace grab a second :disapointed2se:

Agreed but I've posted elsewhere that Gary (in public at least) refuses to accept we need a striker. I understand his desire not to alienate the players who have done so well but the fact is only Darren has done the business. Could this be Gary's fatal flaw or is he bluffing? Is there tension with Steve who says we have to go for it as the chance may never come again? Tune in next week for another exciting installment.

did you miss the bit where we had Nicky Carle making his debut? surely that is "injecting fresh blood" into the team?

did you miss the bit where we had Nicky Carle making his debut? surely that is "injecting fresh blood" into the team?

he's not a front man, but much needed comp for the midfield.

we need a clinical finisher for this level bit more class if we are going for the auto's. don't get me wrong, we have done great so far and i be cheesed off if we do not make the playoffs at this stage, with the currant group of lads they can mix it with the best. but it's a chance to progress to the next level.

:excl:

Agreed but I've posted elsewhere that Gary (in public at least) refuses to accept we need a striker. I understand his desire not to alienate the players who have done so well but the fact is only Darren has done the business. Could this be Gary's fatal flaw or is he bluffing? Is there tension with Steve who says we have to go for it as the chance may never come again? Tune in next week for another exciting installment.

I think he's most likely got some 'leads' he is working, but I really don't blame him for keeping stum.

There is nothing at all to be gained by talking in public about potetnial signings in the press or anything. Look at the Carle situation; we basically had him before anything got out (and that was in Auz) which worked to our advantage. We don't have the resources of the other teams in this league (or above) so if GJ or his bro get a sniff of a top player they might be able to get they are best off keeping it underwraps and working at it in quiet.

Archived