IGNORED

Rumour On Ribeiro Transfer

always hoping

After putting in some fine performances for the resrves and Welsh U21's. Concluding in two outstanding displays in the U18 youth cup. A number of premiership clubs including Newcastle, Everton and Villa are considering their position concerning Ribeiro.

With our current squad being so deep in terms of quality and scale, the lad is obvously surplus to requirements at the club for this season. A sale to one of the big clubs, may provide the necessary funding to support the purchase of a top striker.

Wonder if the next few weeks will result in a move both in and out of the club.

Where does it say them clubs want him?

We don't need to sell, money isnt an issue.... its finding the right player who is actually going to improve what we;ve got and WANTS to come

Information has come from Club represnatatives and scouts who have been watching our lads during the two successful FA cup U18 matches against Everton and Leeds.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of the other players have caught some interest too.

I know for a fact that a bid has been rejected from Charlton and that Everton and Newcastle have both been interested. I also know that he will not be sold for anything less than 2 mil.

Astounding, if we had a defender, apparantly nowhere near selection worth £2m, why does GJ persevere with McCombe and McAllister?

Believe it when I see it!! Remember Marvin Brown??!!

Astounding, if we had a defender, apparantly nowhere near selection worth £2m, why does GJ persevere with McCombe and McAllister?

Agree seems very very unlikely.

The quoted valuation for a sale seems far too high for a player yet to earn a starting opportunity at City. However, The clubs mentioned do appear to be hovering. Only SL & GJ will know what truth if any, is in these rumours.

Still even if valuations were closer to £500K it could be seen as good business. Possibly another example of our academy producing a player which can help boost the finances available for new 1st team players.

if he is that good then why sell him?????

the young players are the future of the club and I'm sure it wont be long before he gets into the squad on a regular basis.

i would rather we got rid of 3 has beens and keep all the young ones for the moment.

unless its another cotterill type deal of course.

:city:

I'd be giving Ribeiro his chance now ahead of McAllister personally.

He's right footed so why not right back?

He'll go out on loan soon, providing GJ doesn't start him and when we needed a replacement full back GJ preferred Skuse at right back and Fonts at left.

The quoted valuation for a sale seems far too high for a player yet to earn a starting opportunity at City. However, The clubs mentioned do appear to be hovering. Only SL & GJ will know what truth if any, is in these rumours.

Still even if valuations were closer to £500K it could be seen as good business. Possibly another example of our academy producing a player which can help boost the finances available for new 1st team players.

How's it good business to sell a player for £500k who's apparently interesting Prem Clubs? Now we're in the CCC we can give him loans to places like Wycombe and that's all that's happened to Scott Golbourne since he's joined Reading.Cotterill is a reserve player and sub at best at Wigan so unless he's just looking for a pay rise, followed by obscurity, he'd be better off staying put and taking his chance at City.

SL said that we wouldn't need to sell our better young players when we're in the CCC, so let's see, although GJ's record on blooding youth players is hardly exciting.

The money's there to strengthen and we don't need to sell although every player has his price and if it was silly money £2m+, one might have to look at it depending on what that £2m would buy and how long it will take Ribeiro to make our team.

Swindle have just sold Ben Tozer to Newcastle for around £1m - and he was not in their first team either (maybe he had played one game).

Archived