IGNORED

Palace Deserved To Win

Alex_BCFC

Just got back.

Palace deserved to win. They looked like a team high on confidence and riding their lucky. Not saying they were lucky to win but things went for them...

Like the first goal. Firstly I thought McCombe was fouled, then it looked as though Morrison handled it as McCallister kicked it against him and it went in. A poor goal to conceed from our point of view, especially as we really need to keep a clean sheet to get something out of it.

Palace were on top for a good 25 mins and probably could have gone 2 up but we held out. Then we came into the game and Carle had a shot which was parried by Sporoni and scrambled away.

In to the 2nd half and again City tried to get level with Carle having a header brilliantly saved and McCindoe blasting over when in on goal. That was to be City's best chance of the afternoon. Palace slowly came back into it and looked threatening on the break. They got their 2nd goal with a bad mistake by Basso who came and failed to reach a free kick that was headed in by Hudson.

I feel this game summed up our fire power. Poor. Showumni offered little as did LT and Byfield when they came on. If Johnson doesn't feel the need to get a top class striker now then we will struggle to make the play-offs I reckon. We lacked penetration in the final 3rd and considering the wingers did OK today I can only think the strikers are not pulling thier weight.

Also the defence without Carey is a concern. McCombe is just shocking and not up to Championship standard. Orr struggled too but I'm not worried about him. Basso possibly needs a rest after some clangers lately- his concentration seems to lapse easily at the moment.

McIndoe was our MOM for me. Did well in defence and attacked well but should have equalised for us. Carle was also a massive plus- he looked comfortable on the ball and almost scored- I'm willing to bet he is way off his best form too which points to him being a good signing.

Palace looked a good side without looking amazing- they were no West Brom. Did the basics well and are the first side this season who have looked better than us at set pieces. The keeper Speroni was very good and Basso should take note of how to claim crosses! They also had some good young players and you can see Warnock has them going. The one thing that annoyed me was their play acting- Morrison went down claiming he was hurt and when the ref didn't stop play he got up and ran to him!

I'm sure we will bounce back- hopefully next week against Blackpool but I think maybe we are going to slow down this 2nd half of the season. We seem to have a lot of tired legs and lack serious Champ experience. I might be wrong and I hope I am. A top 6 finish would be fantastic and if anyone is capable of pulling it off, its GJ.

Just got back.

Palace deserved to win. They looked like a team high on confidence and riding their lucky. Not saying they were lucky to win but things went for them...

Like the first goal. Firstly I thought McCombe was fouled, then it looked as though Morrison handled it as McCallister kicked it against him and it went in. A poor goal to conceed from our point of view, especially as we really need to keep a clean sheet to get something out of it.

Palace were on top for a good 25 mins and probably could have gone 2 up but we held out. Then we came into the game and Carle had a shot which was parried by Sporoni and scrambled away.

In to the 2nd half and again City tried to get level with Carle having a header brilliantly saved and McCindoe blasting over when in on goal. That was to be City's best chance of the afternoon. Palace slowly came back into it and looked threatening on the break. They got their 2nd goal with a bad mistake by Basso who came and failed to reach a free kick that was headed in by Hudson.

I feel this game summed up our fire power. Poor. Showumni offered little as did LT and Byfield when they came on. If Johnson doesn't feel the need to get a top class striker now then we will struggle to make the play-offs I reckon. We lacked penetration in the final 3rd and considering the wingers did OK today I can only think the strikers are not pulling thier weight.

Also the defence without Carey is a concern. McCombe is just shocking and not up to Championship standard. Orr struggled too but I'm not worried about him. Basso possibly needs a rest after some clangers lately- his concentration seems to lapse easily at the moment.

McIndoe was our MOM for me. Did well in defence and attacked well but should have equalised for us. Carle was also a massive plus- he looked comfortable on the ball and almost scored- I'm willing to bet he is way off his best form too which points to him being a good signing.

Palace looked a good side without looking amazing- they were no West Brom. Did the basics well and are the first side this season who have looked better than us at set pieces. The keeper Speroni was very good and Basso should take note of how to claim crosses! They also had some good young players and you can see Warnock has them going. The one thing that annoyed me was their play acting- Morrison went down claiming he was hurt and when the ref didn't stop play he got up and ran to him!

I'm sure we will bounce back- hopefully next week against Blackpool but I think maybe we are going to slow down this 2nd half of the season. We seem to have a lot of tired legs and lack serious Champ experience. I might be wrong and I hope I am. A top 6 finish would be fantastic and if anyone is capable of pulling it off, its GJ.

a very good summary...the keepers were the difference today, ours was as bad as theirs was good...MM was quite superb...he kept going and fighting all the way...did not deserve to lose...result also fair....we lacked class in the final 3rd.

ps if spoule was knocked out, which he seemed to be, should he not have been replaced? he was certainly very quite thereafter.

Archived