IGNORED

Blackpool - Ivan Banned.....who?

old_man_terry

Well as we know Ivan is banned for Saturday v Blackpool, think most of the team picks itself and imagine it unless Carey is fit it will pretty much be unchanged apart from maybe Byfield or Enoch.

More importantly.........who would you put on the Right Wing and Who?

3 options.......

Murray - speaks for itself.....

Wilson - decent player and never let us down.....

Betsy - ummm, did well at Blackpool last season and is very good on Radio?

Personally.......I'd play Murray there? but think Johnson will play Wilson Right wing?

Views?

For me, it's a no-brainer and has to be Murray.

It's Blackpool at home and a game we have to be looking to win. We are desperately short of goals in the team and Murray has as many as McIndoe and Trundle despite making barely half the number of appearances those two have.

Wilson is solid, but too defensive for a home fixture. Also, I think Murray would grab his chance with both hands, as he will be desperate to keep his place if he gets his foot in the door.

A like for like swap is the obvious choice, and I hope that's what GJ goes for by choosing Scott.

If Carle can play anywhere across the midfield maybe he'll play there with one of Noble, Trundle or Byfield coming in.

Johnson's also been known to play Skuse on the right wing but I don't think it ever worked particularly well.

he can in theory, but as shown yesterday is mainly left footed and is definately more a cental midfielder than anything.

I wouldn't play a player out of position personally when we have 3 natural right wingers in reserve in murray, betsy and wilson

I really hope I am wrong on this but, on the strength of the few minutes that Scotty played against Boro, I think his legs have gone. The trouble is that Scotty's game has always been about pace and he has never been a tricky type of winger.

I am might be being unfair but he looked very heavy legged and I don't think it was just down to a shortage of match practice.

I really hope I am wrong on this but, on the strength of the few minutes that Scotty played against Boro, I think his legs have gone. The trouble is that Scotty's game has always been about pace and he has never been a tricky type of winger.

I am might be being unfair but he looked very heavy legged and I don't think it was just down to a shortage of match practice.

I thought he barely got the ball as Boro were so good at retaining possession, and the only time he did get it wide he whipped in a lovely inswinging cross which someone should have attacked.

Positionally, I prefer Murray to Sproule. From what I've seen, Scott takes up better positions to allow the ball to be played in front of him, whereas Ivan seems to like to be given the ball in a stationary position and then accelerate past his man, which I don't feel is as effective.

Murray's a natural athlete and I doubt his legs have gone, I just think it was a hard game to come into when we could barely get a kick.

OK. Like I said I hope I am wrong as I would love to see Scotty finish his career here on a high, he deserves it.

I would just say that GJ sees Scotty in training all week and has had oportunities to include him and yet he often doesn't even make the bench. I don't think there is any animosity as he has been quoted as saying what a great character he is to have around, I can't help feeling there is another reason he is on the fringes so much.

I also think Sproule's pace makes him the more natural impact player from the bench.

I don't say this with any direspect to Ivan, who I like very much. I just think that using Murray from the start and Sproule as the impact player would utilise the two players better, but I'm speaking as a punter not as someone who works with them every day.

I hope it's not the end of the line for Scott, as I feel he still has a lot to offer.

I also think Sproule's pace makes him the more natural impact player from the bench.

I don't say this with any direspect to Ivan, who I like very much. I just think that using Murray from the start and Sproule as the impact player would utilise the two players better, but I'm speaking as a punter not as someone who works with them every day.

I hope it's not the end of the line for Scott, as I feel he still has a lot to offer.

Scott offers us more in respect to a goal threat, his record speaks for itself.. He wasnt invovled in the colchester game due a hamstring problem, don't know if that was the reason he wasnt there yesterday.. Hopefully it will be sorted for next saturday because I really think he would grab his chance and make it difficult for Ivan to get back in.. Abit of competition would be excellent for Ivan and he could do a lot worse than learn his trade from scotty..

Murray's leadership, composure and commitment (even if not as fast as he used to be or full fit) could be an important ingredient against Blackpool in a game we must win.

I imagine LJ, Carle and Elliot will play again and Murray has the sort of intelligence to find the clever balls both LJ and Carle will be called upon to provide, something which doesn't need him to be fast, just smart. This could be key to getting the goals we need.

Archived