IGNORED

Free Kicks

beaverface

Do we ever practice direct free kicks as opposed to set piece free kicks?

I can't remember the last time we scored or looked like scoring from a direct free kick shot !

I think someone pointed out that the last time we scored direct from free-kick was Luke Wilkshire about 3 years ago! We are pretty poor at these.

But we are good at set pieces in general. In fact Palace were the only side I've seen this season who looked stronger than us at them.

I think free kicks are one of those areas where you either have a Beckham/Ronaldo/Tinnion, or you don't. As we are generally very good from set pieces i don't think its a huge concern.

Thanks for the response Cyderman and Alex_BCFC, it's nice to see someone actually give an cosntructive answer compared to the crappy response RedRedRobin1 gave just so he can up his "number of posts" count.

I think we have a few players who can shoot directly from free kicks in Trundle, Mcindoe and wilson?!possibly McCallister aswell, it just looks as though GJ feels they look more threatening putting the ball in the box with players such as, McCombe, Vasko, Fontaine, Elliot and Showunmi waiting.

Archived