IGNORED

Sebastian Pinto - Chilean Striker (merged)

Betelgeuse

Or is it we can't believe that GJ is not trying to sign a goal scoring striker and so we continue to clutch at straws.

Yeah, who are you to say what some people might be thinking? How dare you have the right to free speech as a paying customer (I hope) of Bristol City FC.

You keep your thoughts and your free speech to yourself Sir, because it might offend the sensitive.

Please excuse me, I'm off for a little cry. :crying:

His nickname is "tanque" which from what i can gather after watching his video probably means "tanglefoot mkII"

Fair play, if you're going to do a video of a stikers highlights, make sure it's not filled with misses. Very uninspiring.

Yes, I was pretty uninspired. The name 'tanque' I presume means 'tank' and in one of the clips I think there was a bit of a 'man boob' thing going on.

Yes, I was pretty uninspired. The name 'tanque' I presume means 'tank' and in one of the clips I think there was a bit of a 'man boob' thing going on.

You're right on the translation. In either Spanish or Portugese(not too sure what language they speak in Chile), the word tanque translates to tank(according to babelfish)

Just read in the People that city are after Chilean striker Sebastian Pinto, available on a free. Aparently turned down Real Madrid at one point as he didnt want to play for Castilla (there youth/reserve team). Desribed as Fernando Torres in style and is 21. :noexpression:

Gary Johnson has not ruled out adding to his squad before the transfer window closes next week.

Although no new signings are imminent, Bristol City's manager insists he is keeping his options open.

"You never say never," declared Johnson, who is continung to monitor potential new recruits ahead of the January 31 deadline.

"There's nothing in the immediate pipeline, but that doesn't mean something might not happen next week," said the Londoner.

"Obviously, the longer it goes on, the less likely it is we will bring anyone in. But we are always looking at players."

City's spending during January has so far been limited to the £500,000 fee splashed on Australian midfielder Nick Carle, who arrived three weeks ago from Turkish club Genclerbirligi.

Johnson is believed to be scouring the market for a striker, but has dismissed reports linking him with Chilean international forward Sebastian Pinto.

Currently playing for Real Madrid Castilla in the Spanish League, the 6ft 2in raider is understood to be keen on a move to England.

Yet Johnson denies interest in the 21-year-old, describing a report in a tabloid newspaper as "wide of the mark".

"This is typical of what happens in January and I take it with a pinch of salt," claimed City's manager.

"It's a compliment to our club and how well we're doing that agents want to link their players with Bristol City. But that's all it is - agent talk. I warned people that this would happen and that agents would use the media to try and drum up interest in players. It's just something you have to live with in January."

Johnson also denied reports suggesting Leicester City are about to table a £1 million bid for Marvin Elliott, City's highly-rated 23-year-old midfielder.

"That's the first I've heard of it," he said.

Johnson insists he is only interested in signing players who will "enhance" his squad and, unless the right individual becomes available at the right price, he is quite prepared to keep faith with those who have helped establish City among the Championship front-runners this season.

Steve Brooker is continuing his recovery from long-term injury on loan at Cheltenham Town and, if the 26-year-old striker regains full fitness and form, he could yet offer Johnson an alternative attacking option without having to dip into the coffers.

Or maybe his agent is trying to get Madrid to tell him they love him really and trawled through the papers and saw that some club in England called Brizzle City could be in the market for a striker, and so used us as a "bargaining chip".

Looks like you've hit the nail on the head with this one!

Archived