IGNORED

Steve Gillespie - Worth A Try?

alanpayne

A career record of 22 goals from 45 full games and some have been scorchers from what I've seen on the box.

The lad has been a natural goal scorer all his career - broke Robbie Fowlers record for Liverpool schools, scored tons in youth and reserve team football. In summary a born goalscorer. Was at City at the wrong time! He's just what we need! Agree a fee with Cheltenham then take him initially on loan with a view to a pemanent move and in return loan them one more of our squad. Simple! What do we have to lose?

Hold on a minute guys! When he was with us he had no league experience - he has now gained that and the confidence to score at league level. The guy is a natural goalscorer. Remember Bobby Zamora - similar situation at the Gas!

Another supporting argument is why are league clubs queing up to buy Stuart Fleetwodd (Crewe just had a £175k offer turned down for him). He is scoring at two levels before Gillespie. I say give the guy a chance and he will score! We have a great relationship with Cheltenham - lets use that to our advantage.

Hold on a minute guys! When he was with us he had no league experience - he has now gained that and the confidence to score at league level. The guy is a natural goalscorer. Remember Bobby Zamora - similar situation at the Gas!

Another supporting argument is why are league clubs queing up to buy Stuart Fleetwodd (Crewe just had a £175k offer turned down for him). He is scoring at two levels before Gillespie. I say give the guy a chance and he will score! We have a great relationship with Cheltenham - lets use that to our advantage.

At this moment in time, He is no better than what we have. Id be gutted if this was the striker we brought in......

If Steven Gillespie was the calibre of striker GJ/SL were looking to bring to the club then they`ve given up getting to the Prem. Come on fellas lets be realistic here. If Trundle is struggling to find his best form in this division how can you think that Gillespie would manage it. As for Crewe bidding for Fleetwood, good luck to them, and to him, but, remind me which league they`re in.

PDG

Archived