IGNORED

Perspective

mozo

Bristol City Football Club are third in the Championship. They are only three points behind the ex-Premiership leaders, are level with ex-Premiership second-place Watford, and are a whopping seven points clear of seventh place.

This is the same club that was threatened by relegation to the basement division a couple of seasons ago.

City have lost only six times in twenty-eight games, a remarkable feat for a newly promoted side. Strangely, every time City lose, or they fail to beat a lower-placed opponent, many of the perfectionist supporters find themselves lamenting the misgivings of their club.

The 'toothless' attack is often depicted as a disaster and individual players are repeatedly lambasted for their efforts.

Over-achieving, it seems, is not good enough.

I, personally, am sick to death of this argument!

Yes, we are doing amazingly well.

But if we just shrugged off "oh well we lost" then we would breed a losing atmosphere. If we want the club to push to the topflight where we all want to be, then accepting poor performances is not going to get us there.

But if we just shrugged off "oh well we lost" then we would breed a losing atmosphere. If we want the club to push to the topflight where we all want to be, then accepting poor performances is not going to get us there.

personally don't think it was that poor a performance just out muscled could have equalised just before half time and mckindoe should have scored just after half time dissapointing result rather than poor performance me thinks

I think it was inevitable that we would lose some games this season. In fact, we had all braced ourselves for an expected familiarity with defeat.

We thought we would struggle, but we haven't, despite our defficiencies (name me a club that is perfect - not West Brom, as Cardiff showed).

Palace are on a high and they beat us. I'm hardly surprised, and whilst I hate defeat, I also know that City can't be expected to win every difficult away match. No team manages it.

I'd like to see Trundle and Byfield back up front, and I'd like to see the fans roar them on.

Archived