IGNORED

Hooligan Problem

gazza1982

Does anyone remember the Police unit known as the Special Patrol Group - SPG? The SPG were disbanded, aparently, due to their sheer brutality and corruption.

'De SPG am a murderer

we cant let them get no furderer'

'Who Killed Blair Peach'

Lynton Kwesi Johnson....possibly one of the worst ryhmes busted in the late 70's.

I thank you.

My sentiments entirely. I am a city fan going back to 1970 now based in London and catching games whenever I can. Took my son to the Palace game and found myself very close to the front line - started to get concerned when chanting they hate the cockneys! I was disappointed to see this element still alive and kicking and reminded me of some of the things I saw in the 70's and 80's. Anyone remember the game v Chelsea (Steve Wicks, Mickey Drow etc) and the ensuing punch up outside the ground and on the pitch. This hostile chanting is not support, does not create any atmospehere and does not encourage the "quieter" supporters (of which I can be classified as one) to join in the chanting because of its content and lack of imagination.

common mate, surely the hostile chanting is the best thing about watching football (apart from watching the football that is)

next you'll be asking for more music to played or even waiters to come round and serve you drinks n food!

What other forum enables us to debate football and get an education in history thrown in ?

Marvellous stuff !

On the Somerset side of the Clifton suspension bridge there's a large portacabin museum open on Saturday. It contains many interesting piccies and facts about the building of the Clifton bridge. In the picture gallery is a piccie of the 1831 Bristol riots said to be the worst of any riots in Britain during the 19th Century. Well worth a visit prior to a BCFC home game.

Who do you think you are now? MI5 agent James Bond? :innocent06: The people of Bristol have been at the boot end of many a toff/snob Royalist agenda against them on many occasions throughout history. What's new? E.g. Royalist dragoons using their sharpened sabres against our Bristolian ancestors in Queen's Square.......

PRbristolriot.jpg

Did somebody say... "dragoon" ?!?!?

1127273408_onsDragoon.jpg

...Are these "Royalist" lot, all Welsh now, by any chance?! :whistle2:

Guest red ken 2
Reading the recent comments with recent events at Palace, we now got a massive issue with certain fans intent on causing trouble at games this season? each away I have been too there has been problems with our fans, other supports in the championship think of us as a club with a very bad hooligan problem.

Is it that bad?

And your point is?

Archived