IGNORED

The Run In

Ian M

• Admin

The point is it's still somewhat in our own hands. I'm actually happy that pretty much all of our remaining games are against "better" teams where the need for Danny to use his motivational skills is lessened as the players should be naturally motivated to perform well. The exception is Blackpool but that is our final game, at hom and could well have promotion riding on it so again Danny shouldn't have to motivate our players for that one. (You might have guessed that I feel that motivation of players is Danny's weakest trait).

Right, the current gaps between ourselves and Plymouth/QPR are 7 points and 1 point. For it to be in our own hands, we must win EVERY remaining game. Doing that means we'll have beaten Plymouth so that means their lead over us is cut to 4 points.

Now Plymouth and QPR still have to play each other at Home Park. The result of that brings up various scenarios:

Plymouth win - Plymouth 4 ahead, QPR 2 behind

Draw - Plymouth 2 ahead, QPR 1 behind

QPR win - Plymouth 1 ahead, QPR 1 ahead.

If QPR win that one and QPR & Plymouth then win the rest of their games, we could find ourselves missing out on first place by ONE point in finishing THIRD and that would be VERY harsh but I reckon at least one of them would fail to win at least one of their remaining games thus we'd achieve our goal of promotion.

So, just 6 games left, win them all and we'll go up, maybe even as Champions :city::cool:

another quality post by Madger!

You have made me happy clappy once more!

But do we wanna run for the championship??

Ok, so we beat Plymouth it comes down to QPR vs Plymouth to do us favours..

QPR win - they gain points on Plymouth and stay close or ahead of us.

Plymouth win - Plymouth step closer to the Championship - but QPR drop points off of us.

A draw - QPR and Plymouth drop points, but also in a weird kind of supernatural twilight zone way, gain a point as well...

Now which scenario is best for us??

First of all i said a draw - thinking "CHAMPIONSHIP!"

But then i really thought about it and thought, Plymouth do deserve it, and although it would be nice to go up that way, as long as we go up i am not bothered! So i am now leaning towards the best reseult for us would be a Plymouth win!

• Admin
another quality post by Madger!

You have made me happy clappy once more!

But do we wanna run for the championship??

Firstly, I don't think I'm allowed into that gang again after I stated I'd like to see Wilson leave even if we do get promoted.....

....so leading on from that I'd like to see us fluke the Championship in the hope someone will assume Wilson is a decent manager and poach him off us :cool:

Archived