IGNORED

Soufiane Alloudi?

Red Zeppelin

Soufiane Alloudi

Just watching the African Cup of nations match Namibia vs Morocco, and this bloke has got a first half hattrick.

He is playing right midfield today but I'm guessing he can play up front. I think he has scored 11 goals in 20 games for his club, and is still ONLY 24.

Also his goals today haven't just been tap-ins, they've been high quality finishes.

I believe that I can post this video legally because it is outside of European copyright? If not, then mods just remove it and please don't ban me :fingerscrossed: .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReflGwV_P9U...feature=related

Yeah that was a horrible challenge on him.

But you can only beat what's in front of you, and what's noticeable is that in spite of the quality of the opposition he still finishes very, very well. Check out his second goal today for example, that was his skill not the poor opposition.

There's no doubting the quality of the finishing. I'd just be wary of drawing too many conclusions from it on the basis of that one game, as it was basically a training ground match. Lots of players can look very good in training or when the pressure's off. It's the ability to perform consistently, under pressure, against better players that sets the good ones apart.

If this lad continues to perform throughout the tournament, he may be worth looking at. I believe he's currently playing for a team in the UAE.

Soufiane Alloudi

Just watching the African Cup of nations match Namibia vs Morocco, and this bloke has got a first half hattrick.

He is playing right midfield today but I'm guessing he can play up front. I think he has scored 11 goals in 20 games for his club, and is still ONLY 24.

Also his goals today haven't just been tap-ins, they've been high quality finishes.

I believe that I can post this video legally because it is outside of European copyright? If not, then mods just remove it and please don't ban me :fingerscrossed: .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReflGwV_P9U...feature=related

no thanks, already got one of those on north street

There's no doubting the quality of the finishing. I'd just be wary of drawing too many conclusions from it on the basis of that one game, as it was basically a training ground match. Lots of players can look very good in training or when the pressure's off. It's the ability to perform consistently, under pressure, against better players that sets the good ones apart.

If this lad continues to perform throughout the tournament, he may be worth looking at. I believe he's currently playing for a team in the UAE.

I know what you're saying in that Namibia were crap, but playing in your country's opening match of a major tournament for Africans, and secondly playing in the shop window is no training match.

But yes, he will have to show consistent quality to be signable. However, we have that youtube video in addition which shows him consistently finishing well, even if some of the defending isn't great. Ultimately his finishing looks better than this Pinto chap, and he also took his hattrick goals well today. All I'm saying is that folk shouldn't be too quick to dismiss him. We'll see how he plays in the tournament (if at all after that tackle).

I think we agree.

Certainly a very promising opener from him and the finishes on the youtube videos are excellent too (couldn't quite understand the Pinto promotional video, as he kept missing), but it'll be interesting to see him as the tournament progresses.

My worry would be, we may fall between two stools. If he doesn't show much more, we wouldn't be interested. If he does, bigger clubs might come in.

Unquestionably the most eye-catching player of the tournament so far though.

Archived