IGNORED

Jamie Mcallister

BristolCity1992

Just wanted to say that Jamie has been really good over the last few weeks since his return does anyone else agree? I know a lot of people had doubts as to if he could step up I agree he looked shakey and unfit at the start of the season and did say that he needed to show more but over the last few weeks I think he has proved that he can perform at this level.

I think its only fair that when we jump on players backs here (O er) that we also pat them on the back when they are doing well. :englandsmile4wf:

Just shows the power of letting someone settle and acclimatise to a new setting, without panicking and rushing out and buying a replacement.

Yep, he didn't have a great start to the season along with one or two others, despite the fantastic start the team as a whole made. But Johnson gave him a chance and must have known that he was better than that and so gave him some time to get used to the type of players he was playing against and to settle in. Since then, for the last month or so, he's been very settled and little has beaten him.

Hopefully we can now say that about the Little Johnson (hmmm, that sounds dodgy...), who played a blinder in his last home game, the first time this season, and we won't need to buy a replacement midfielder - oh, hello Nick Carle.

What impresses me with Mcallister than since his sending off at Hull he has not had one booking, which on his record is extremely good. Whilst hes not as good a captain as Carey hes discipline on the field has shown that he COULD be a good captain, he just needs to communicate better with Basso at the back.

What impresses me with Mcallister than since his sending off at Hull he has not had one booking, which on his record is extremely good. Whilst hes not as good a captain as Carey hes discipline on the field has shown that he COULD be a good captain, he just needs to communicate better with Basso at the back.

It's a good point, actually, and I think he's been a better player since he's been made captain. Seems to enjoy the responsibility and is one of the most mature and experienced players at the back - considering he's playing alongside LF (22), BO (25), TV (23) and JM (25) - not an old defence at all. And McAllister is only 29.

Archived