IGNORED

Drink Up '...' Cider!

garlicbread

Just seen the thread asking about our most popular songs. Having sung our most popular ditty since the 80's, there is still a slight issue that Ive never been sure of...is it..

Drink up thee cider

Drink up ye cider

Drink up de cider

or indeed anything else??

I have always thought it was 'ye', but it seems that other folk have other ideas.

CTID!

Just seen the thread asking about our most popular songs. Having sung our most popular ditty since the 80's, there is still a slight issue that Ive never been sure of...is it..

Drink up thee cider

Drink up ye cider

Drink up de cider

or indeed anything else??

I have always thought it was 'ye', but it seems that other folk have other ideas.

CTID!

Drink up thy zider.

when we sing it at city, ive always thought that we should sing it:

A a bit slower so that we don't skip past the music, and also it gives opposition fans a chance to udnerstand what we are saying :laugh:

B to the right words. knock the milk churns over, roll em in the clover, corns half cut and so be me; instead of singing about rovers. songs in football that have nothing to do with football (walk alone, bubbles etc) are always better i think.

Not to be toooooo picky, but if you wanna sing it to the correct words, then it's.... We'll knock the milk churns over, and roll 'em in the clover, for the corn's half cut and so be we....

Only minor, so apologies for being pedantic!!! :D

Guest WellyCiderHead
i"ve always sang we"re going down the rovers to turn the tote end over,

I reckon we r all singing different songs! Ive always sung- We're going down to rovers, to do the bastards over!

I reckon we r all singing different songs! Ive always sung- We're going down to rovers, to do the bastards over!

drink up ye cider drink up ye cider for tonight we,ll merry be,before the evenings over we,ll take the east end over,and there,ll still be more cider in the jar ...and so on..thats what we used to sing anyway..sorry for peeing on yer fire chaps..and plymouth cant have their song back either !!!

Archived