IGNORED

We Cant Score From Open Play!

alanpayne

We have netted just 3 goals from our last 10 games from open play - all the others have come as a result of set pieces.

While the above demonstrates we must spend alot of time practising free-kicks and are getting a great return from them (and apart from last Saturday we don't often concede from them), it also shows our open play is not effective and certainly not promotion standard.

Discuss!

We have netted just 3 goals from our last 10 games from open play - all the others have come as a result of set pieces.

While the above demonstrates we must spend alot of time practising free-kicks and are getting a great return from them (and apart from last Saturday we don't often concede from them), it also shows our open play is not effective and certainly not promotion standard.

Discuss!

No! Because we'll inevitably turn to the subject of our present strikeforce annd I'm not playing, so get your own ball!

Discuss!

Sorry mate , got to disagree.

Not so long ago I saw one of the most superb goals you'd ever see in open play from a City player. (Lee Trundle at Norwich)

(Its filed away indelibly in my memory)

Noble was playing behind him for that game.

I believe we've got the players but not the right mix, or have it for too little time.

Not so long ago I saw one of the most superb goals you'd ever see in open play from a City player. (Lee Trundle at Norwich)

I believe we've got the players but not the right mix, or have it for too little time.

And they've barely featured in the same team since. That's the combo I've been screaming out for far too long now as I think those two would compliment each other really well. With Nicky Carle on the scene I doubt we'll see this given a proper go now but even with Carle in the hole I'd like to see it given a chance.

That goal was 3 months ago so the original poster may of had a point after eh!

In this game Trundle came on as a late sub against a tired defense who were throwing caution to the wind as they were 2-1 down with only a few minutes to play. It was a well taken goal but I thought it needed to be put in to context.

At he moment we are relying far to much on not conceeding and hopefully snatching a goal at the other end. So as soon as the oppisition do score we are right up aginast it. Time to go back to 4-4-2?

Archived