IGNORED

R.i.p Heath Ledger

Dan Of The Dolman

Amy Winehouse will be next.

We can but hope, shes glamourised it and got away with wasting her life for too long. Id love to drag her by her stupid colour hair down to the childrens hospital and show her the kids in their literally FIGHTING to live, and ask her why she has the gift of a healthy body, and chooses to waste it and poison it instead.

We can but hope, shes glamourised it and got away with wasting her life for too long. Id love to drag her by her stupid colour hair down to the childrens hospital and show her the kids in their literally FIGHTING to live, and ask her why she has the gift of a healthy body, and chooses to waste it and poison it instead.

Amy Winehouse is a very gifted singer, alas great talent often comes with a great price. Amy Winehouse seems to be committing a slow form of suicide with her drug habits. Very sad and I really don't think she can help it. Hey ho, we're all here for a reason and who am I to judge?

Amy Winehouse is a very gifted singer, alas great talent often comes with a great price. Amy Winehouse seems to be committing a slow form of suicide with her drug habits. Very sad and I really don't think she can help it. Hey ho, we're all here for a reason and who am I to judge?

No ones forcing those drugs into her, and there are plenty of talented (although I have never been able to see it with her) artists out there who don't go near drugs, or if they do they don't make a habit of getting caught so easily.

Anyway I didnt want to turn this into a Winehouse thread.

Guest MaloneFM

From what I understand it was an accidental overdose. So now the pontificating will stop. I feel sorry for Amy Winehouse and anyone with an addiction. Because it is a recognised illness. Its not 24 hour wha hey! Its something they take just to face life.

And its killing them.

So when the Scum put pictures of her taking drugs what did it hope to acheive other than adding to the freak show?

From what I understand it was an accidental overdose. So now the pontificating will stop. I feel sorry for Amy Winehouse and anyone with an addiction. Because it is a recognised illness. Its not 24 hour wha hey! Its something they take just to face life.

And its killing them.

So when the Scum put pictures of her taking drugs what did it hope to acheive other than adding to the freak show?

Best post I've seen of yours, Malone.

If they had any morals, they should have sent it to her father and got him to sort her out.

Knowing abit about mental illness, I really felt for her when that picture of her wandering the streets at 5am. That goes for Britney Spears aswell.

No ones forcing those drugs into her, and there are plenty of talented (although I have never been able to see it with her) artists out there who don't go near drugs, or if they do they don't make a habit of getting caught so easily.

Anyway I didnt want to turn this into a Winehouse thread.

You maybe right....... you maybe wrong

I am slightly stunded by the way your words seem to condem, despite them possibly being written for the right reasons in your view.

Some people find being talented very hard work and just can't cope...... so their problems make them go into a self-destruct mode or spiral downwards

They might even hate themselves and find it a way out who knows?

It does make it hard when there are others, who through no fault of their own, have to fight just as hard if not harder for so little in their often short or painful lives.

I have recently had to cope with the tragic loss of a very close friend who destroyed himself but I can tell you there was so much more to the person that I knew........... In the cold light of day others can make judgements , we all can, but so often they don't get that close to the truth about the person being judged.

Just doing drugs or having problems can make you the scum of the earth...... but that in itself is not always true

Life is hard and life can just be too much for some.

Seeing someone die like that can be as hard as trying to help them......... or seeing someone die who never really stood a chance from birth due to other forms of illness. there are so many forms

We all judge........ I know I have ..... try not to judge the ones that really can't help themselves or won't let others help them?

You maybe right....... you maybe wrong

I am slightly stunded by the way your words seem to condem, despite them possibly being written for the right reasons in your view.

Some people find being talented very hard work and just can't cope...... so their problems make them go into a self-destruct mode or spiral downwards

They might even hate themselves and find it a way out who knows?

It does make it hard when there are others, who through no fault of their own, have to fight just as hard if not harder for so little in their often short or painful lives.

I have recently had to cope with the tragic loss of a very close friend who destroyed himself but I can tell you there was so much more to the person that I knew........... In the cold light of day others can make judgements , we all can, but so often they don't get that close to the truth about the person being judged.

Just doing drugs or having problems can make you the scum of the earth...... but that in itself is not always true

Life is hard and life can just be too much for some.

Seeing someone die like that can be as hard as trying to help them......... or seeing someone die who never really stood a chance from birth due to other forms of illness. there are so many forms

We all judge........ I know I have ..... try not to judge the ones that really can't help themselves or won't let others help them?

It is very easy to judge people against yourself or wider society. People with an addiction need help. Being judgmental about it is impossible unless you are truly perfect yourself.

Can't see how Winehouse is talented though? Who buys that stuff? Still, horses for courses...

My Dad is an alcoholic, so I sort of consider myself in a position to judge addiction, because ive seen first hand the mess hes made of his life, and the destruction and pain its caused us his family. No ones poured all that drink down his neck, hes chosen to do it himself, as an adult. He is now dependent on it to function in the world, and its the rest of the family who have to go around picking up the pieces.

Nobody made Winehouse start writing or producing songs, and I really hope this time she gets the help she needs and sorts herself out properly.

My Dad is an alcoholic, so I sort of consider myself in a position to judge addiction, because ive seen first hand the mess hes made of his life, and the destruction and pain its caused us his family. No ones poured all that drink down his neck, hes chosen to do it himself, as an adult. He is now dependent on it to function in the world, and its the rest of the family who have to go around picking up the pieces.

Nobody made Winehouse start writing or producing songs, and I really hope this time she gets the help she needs and sorts herself out properly.

My friend......... IS A DEAD ALCOHOLIC........I've seen the chaos caused in his own life and his friends and familys due to his addiction.......... So I also kind of consider myself to be in a position to counter your judgement of addiction.......Couple that with my personal experience of highly complex and talented people in the music biz that have died....... sad really because I guess we both have some first hand knowlege but are at the other ends of the same spectrum.

I'm not on this earth to judge....... though I do at times..... rightly or wrongly

There by the grace of God go I....... springs to mind.

Guest MaloneFM

If you are a parent the role model is you. Not Amy Winehouse, certainly not Rooney (foul mouthed little bugger, I'd clip his bleedin' ear if he used a soddin' mouth like that in front of Mrs M).

She has got a talent and the rest of the world is sucking it dry. Poor mare. She needs a cup of tea, a sit down and a few tattoo removal sessions.

Elvis was no role model with that pelvis of his and as for Little Richard, oh LORDY! But as Lennon once said 'no Elvis no Beatles'.

You should have seen that newsroom on Bath road at 6:45 some nights. Sherberts Fountains everywhere and John Abrahms wandering around with no trousers.

That was showbiz kids!

..... but she said NO! NO! NO!

Sorry but I'm not a fan of Amy Winehouse. Not a great role model in my opinion.

"Let's agree on the fact that she IS an ARTIST.

And then let's focus on the fact that most REAL ARTISTS in the music history were addicted to alcohol, drugs, sex, violence, or weird sex...

Don't mix up the person and the artist.... Stap talking about Amy the drug addict, and start talking about Amy Winehouse the singer..."

Javairia1548

This role model business is a bit stupid to me.

Tbh, if your kid is so easily infulenced that he/she sees Amy Winehouse taking drugs and thinks "Oh, thats cool, I'll have some of that", then the parents need to sort them out.

In soiciety, you need positive and bad role models for kids so they can see what can be achieved and the consequences of other peoples mistakes.

I've never taken drugs because I've seen the damage it can do, rather than because David Beckham(good role model IMO) hasnt done drugs.

Archived