IGNORED

Enoch To Leeds ?

LongwellRed

from their forum -

QUOTE (Ken'sSecretPhoneTap @ Jan 22 2008, 08:37 PM) *

i think it's loan deal,not sure tough, its enoch showumi from bristol city!

to which came the response: Just how are we meant to sing that???

.....made I laugh anyway :D - & it'll be even worse for 'em when they realise theres an 'n' in there too!!

Why would we loan him out to a league one team? Permanent yes, but cannot see a loan deal. Just goes to show Leeds still have the big club mentallity in a litle league.

There is still no guarantees they will go up so will Enoch be happy at the move? I doubt it.

MM

Which bit of

"None of our first team regulars will be going, why sell them to make money now, when getting into the premiership would make us even more money?" as said by our chairman.

don't people understand?

;)

I think the quote was, "We won't let anybody leave that we don't want to leave or who won't leave with our blessing. Inevitably one or two will move on to help fund new signings. That's the nature of running a football club."

I think the quote was, "We won't let anybody leave that we don't want to leave or who won't leave with our blessing. Inevitably one or two will move on to help fund new signings. That's the nature of running a football club."

No, the quote on radio bristol before the Cardiff? game was along the lines of what was said before,

We will not be accepting any offers for players we consider to be part of the first team set-up or that we believe will help us to promotion. No offer is too big to refuse as £5 million is nothing in comparison to the £30 million guarenteed for going up.

On a side note, don't know where people are getting 50/60 million from? THis has never been said, the parachute payments are £30 million over the period of 3? years. No other income is guarenteed from achieving top flight status, no fixed fee anyway.

No, the quote on radio bristol before the Cardiff? game was along the lines of what was said before,

We will not be accepting any offers for players we consider to be part of the first team set-up or that we believe will help us to promotion. No offer is too big to refuse as £5 million is nothing in comparison to the £30 million guarenteed for going up.

On a side note, don't know where people are getting 50/60 million from? THis has never been said, the parachute payments are £30 million over the period of 3? years. No other income is guarenteed from achieving top flight status, no fixed fee anyway.

Yeah, I think it may have been GJ. Can't remember now.

However, the point I was trying to make was, we're looking to enhance our squad. To do that, players move out as well as in. So, while Enoch may be a part of the first team, if a better player becomes available and it's necessary to move him on to make room for the better player, I don't think GJ or SL would have any qualms about doing so.

I'm not suggesting this is the case at all, but if, for example, we were in negotiations for Beckford, and Dennis Wise said, "Ok, but I want Showunmi as part of the deal", do you think he's so valuable to us that GJ would say no? I don't.

Leeds fans seem to think the bloke who has suggested this move will happen is a reliable source. If he does go surely that means were bringing a striker in :dunno:

Here's the thread:

Showunmi to Leeds?

Of course its a reliable source, it's a forum!

Now that the Enoch deal is imminent, we will complete the signing of Pinto, Dosek, Popisil, Dean Horrix and Red Rum! (Hopefully in time for the Blackpool game)

TV money from one season is worth around £28m. If you get relegated you then get 2 x £12m parachute payments. Promotion is worth over £50m and the Championship playoff final is the most financially lucrative game of football in the world.

As for this move, if the club don't intend to renew Enoch's contract and GJ has a striker lined up it's far from unlikely. I would guess they won't let him go until they get someone in though.

Just read the news on the official site. I have to say that I'm surprised by the move, as Enoch is the only player of his type we currently have in the squad. Makes me think that GJ has something up his sleeve.

Is it official yet though??? Keep going in to offish site and refreshing but still says only that we have allowed him to talk to Leeds - or I am doing it wrong being a girly and all that??

Is it official yet though??? Keep going in to offish site and refreshing but still says only that we have allowed him to talk to Leeds - or I am doing it wrong being a girly and all that??

No, that's my fault! I was getting ahead of myself and presuming that it will be a done deal.

:englandsmile4wf: Thats the player but it would be nice. We must have at least one player in the bag :fingerscrossed:

Doubt we'll get Nugent, hope showunmi doesn't go ( a new striker is needed even more now, asap gj) strike force is looking very low,

Jevo out, showunmi possibly

brooks on loan

Trunds who is struggling in front of goal

and byfield (only consitstent striker)

I'm still unsure if you can class Nobes or Carle as strikers, as far as I'm concerned they are Midfield.

TV money from one season is worth around £28m. If you get relegated you then get 2 x £12m parachute payments. Promotion is worth over £50m and the Championship playoff final is the most financially lucrative game of football in the world.

As for this move, if the club don't intend to renew Enoch's contract and GJ has a striker lined up it's far from unlikely. I would guess they won't let him go until they get someone in though.

Like i said though, those prices arent guarenteed. Like promotion, we cant say yet, we will make this much money, because we could go up in one of 6 positions. Just the way I think of it, your way is just as valid as you may know for sure that those are the types of fee you get.

Like i said though, those prices arent guarenteed. Like promotion, we cant say yet, we will make this much money, because we could go up in one of 6 positions. Just the way I think of it, your way is just as valid as you may know for sure that those are the types of fee you get.

I don't disagree with you, it would be the height of madness to count on promotion, I was just posting the figures.

It's an awfully tasty looking carrot though, which is why investing heavily is so tempting when we're doing so well. I hope that whatever we spend in the quest to get there is sensible and doesn't endanger the club and I'm pretty sure SteveL has already got his hands burnt there so won't do so again.

Which bit of

"None of our first team regulars will be going, why sell them to make money now, when getting into the premiership would make us even more money?" as said by our chairman.

don't people understand?

;)

The bit which is

Bristol City have agreed terms with Leeds United and Enoch is now discussing personal terms.

But why

a) Would he want to go back to league 1

b) Have we let him go without a replacement signed and Brooker on loan

I can only assume GJ has told him he is not in the long term plan and that a new signing will be announced before the weekend.

I suppose we just have to trust that GJ knows what he is doing but it looks a bit risky to me. A last minute hitch and we don't make a new signing an injury on Saturday and we suddenly look very light up front.

Archived