IGNORED

Steven Naismith

Henry

He's been playing regularly for Rangers all season albeit in a wide position - and they paid about £1.8m for him in the summer if memory serves. On that basis it seems unlikely.

Rangers are in the market for a new striker, Naismith has been a bench player, City have confirmed their interest (Landsdown ages ago).

He basically has 'done a Riordan' - joined one of the biggies despite limited chance for selection.

He needs to be kept busy, needs football, but Rangers don't want to make a loss on him.

City reiterated their interest and have agreed a loan move until the end of the season with an option to sign permanently for a fee that recoups Rangers initial expenditure.

Everybody wins. Gawd, nearly convinced myself.

Rangers are in the market for a new striker, Naismith has been a bench player, City have confirmed their interest (Landsdown ages ago).

He basically has 'done a Riordan' - joined one of the biggies despite limited chance for selection.

He needs to be kept busy, needs football, but Rangers don't want to make a loss on him.

City reiterated their interest and have agreed a loan move until the end of the season with an option to sign permanently for a fee that recoups Rangers initial expenditure.

Everybody wins. Gawd, nearly convinced myself.

Unfortunately he's not been a bench player, he's been a first team starter for the last two months to the extent they rested him for a 6-0 thrashing of a lower league side in the cup tonight. He threw his toys out of his pram massively to get his move to Rangers and commented publicly very much against moving to England in the summer. Ain't going to be him I'm afraid.

Unfortunately he's not been a bench player at all, he's been a first team starter to the extent they rested him for a 6-0 thrashing of a lower league side in the cup tonight. He threw his toys out of his pram massively to get his move to Rangers and commented publicly very much against moving to England in the summer. Ain't going to be him I'm afraid.

If it's a Scottish based striker, I'm low on ideas, Nibor. Any hunches?

Archived