IGNORED

Steve Brooker

Kibs

Steve Brooker came through another 80 odd minutes for Cheltenham tonight as they beat Carlisle 1-0, 3 games now isnt it?

Hopefully if his progress continues he will be in our squad in a couple of weeks.

I appreciate the fact that he hasnt scored for them but I still think he could potentially be the most effective striker on our books at the moment.

Also noticed that Gillespie scored the winner. He seems to be strarting and scoring regularly thesze days.

Perhaps he's now fulfilling the potential he had when he came here and playing alongside Steve Brooker might be bringing the best out of him.

I went to see cheltenham vs carlisle last had a good night and the game was not bad and i was impressed by

carlisles joe garner, very good in the air for his size and very quick.

I too was impressed by brooker (not fully sharpe yet) but he held the ball up

well and made some good flick on's and almost scored but what i did like is the fact he was defending

well, he was doing some center half stuff, i think brooker is not far off now.

Russell was awsome he bossed the midfield and gilly was superb, taking carlisle

on with some good runs with the ball, scotty brown came

on and did ok but he did miss a sitter. Had a few beers in the players bar after to which

only 2 players were there but in all a good night out and nice to see some ex and on loan

city players looking good, i sat in the carlisles end and was impressed by the numbers they

took away and the noise they made although they are not too happy with john ward.

i'd take that joe garner for city any day if he had brooker flicking on balls to him last night

they would have murdered chelts in the air, that was the only thing lacking, service to

garner.

Also noticed that Gillespie scored the winner. He seems to be strarting and scoring regularly thesze days.

Perhaps he's now fulfilling the potential he had when he came here and playing alongside Steve Brooker might be bringing the best out of him.

I remember, plenty in the forum asking for Gilly to get a run of games with Brooker. It never happened, what with injuries and City buying new strikers. I think Gilly's last goal was away at Forest under Millen after Tinman had departed. The Forest media described him as the only threat from City.

With Russell behind him and Brooker beside him Gillespie has scored 3 in 2 matches won by Cheltenham.

I went to see cheltenham vs carlisle last had a good night and the game was not bad and i was impressed by

carlisles joe garner, very good in the air for his size and very quick.

i'd take that joe garner for city any day if he had brooker flicking on balls to him last night

they would have murdered chelts in the air, that was the only thing lacking, service to

garner.

Yeah but I am sure we all remember Betsy skinning Ashley Cole when playing for Wycombe; and Cotterill convincing Wigan he was worth £2m based on a Sky Sports performance against Northampton.

Watch him next week or the week after and he could be absolute dribble.

Archived