IGNORED

Strikers Striking

Red to the world

While I don't think we can complain about Trundles commitment it's 19 games since he scored. Lets face it with only 14 goals between our 3 main strikers its not good enough. Just to put it into perspective Bradley Orr has the same number of goals as Trundle and Enoch and goal machine Fontaine is just one behind. Despite being 2nd we are in need of at least one ideally two strikers if this club harbours premiership ambition. :ermm:

NOT GOOD ENOUGH were joint f--king top for god sake how much better do you want it , i cant believe some people on this site

Only Elliott and Byfield have scored more than Scott Murray...

...worrying, but if we don't nab a tasty goalscorer, I'm all for sticking with Trunds and Byfield and seeing if they can make it work.

Agree mate let Trundle & Byfield stay there and gel no good to keep changing the front two they will come good!!!!

Byfield chased everything down and really tried to get on the scoresheet - something he normally only does when he comes on as sub!! Good to see he can play that way for a full 90mins and not just the last 15.

Trundle was woeful. He created a few opportunities and I suppose it can be argued that with a lack of attacking creativity in the team he is forced to drop and do that job; and he did provide a few good patches of creative attacking play. But as for someone who is going to improve our abysmal +2 goal difference - WE NEED A STRIKER! :sign09:

Can't say i agree at all there. Thought Byfield was annonymous, one dreadful shot and one good challenge was his contribution for the entire 90 mins. Yes he ran around a lot but to no effect at all, doesn't create any space for anyone else with clever runs, his movement isn't great either there was one time in particular when Trundle ran down the right wing and all byfield had to do was show a bit of nouse back off his man and he'd have been wide open with the goal at his mercy from about 7 yards. Trundle put in some balls that a good striker would trhive on but byfield is rarely in the right place to do anything. reminds me a lot of Peacock, Works tirelessly and can't be faulted for his work ethic but seems to have the footballing brain of a bowl of pea soup. I see very little injinuity in his play at all. He has a place and can do a job, but as a main striker he's not in my eyes the man for the job.

a large number of our balls into the box which are causing defences real Havock are coming from 3 players, Mcindoe, Sproule and Trundle, but we have no striker who can take advantage of that, Trundle isn't that sort of player, and anyone who expected him to be hasn't watched Lee Trundle, against crap defences that populate League one he can and will score a lot, in the league he can play a role he is not actually that good at and is in now way suited for, Trundle is a forward he'll get you a few goals but his main asset is his inteligent play and paving the way for a proper striker to get you shedloads of goals. The sheer amount of space he creates for the other players is insane, in almost every run he makes off the ball he's dragging one cente back and a full back all over the place, as it stands we only have one striker possibly capable of taking advantage of this and thats even a big mabye as he's been out for ages and may never be the same player we used to have, and that is Brooker, if he comes back as good as he was he's the best striker we have, and would do well alongside Trundle but could also play alongside Byfield and play the target man.

To me our side is crying out for a proven out and out striker, give me a fully fit and firing Steve Brooker, and Connely or a.n other proven championship striker then Trundle will come into his own, he can create so much space for a player of Connelys ability it's untrue, and by having someone else for opposition defences to mark then that will create more space for trundle.

The Biggest indicator of Trundles quality is not how we use him but how opposition defences play him, Byfield, Showumni etc get the ball and they have their marker and thats it, give Trundle the ball and there his his man, whichever full back and often a midfielder all around him pressing him for the ball, now that means there is a stupid amount of space to be exploited which Sproule, Mcindoe, Mcallister and Orr do to devestating effect, the amount of very good balls we are putting into the box is huge, but we lack a striker to take advantage and gamble on the ball coming in and get the chances that are there if they want them.

We create so much space in the channels because defences are terrified of Sproule Mcindoe and Trundle, that we put the ball in the box more often and better than i can ever remember a city side doing, we just lack that one final piece, which Brooker can and may fill but to me that's an awfully big gamble to take, i'd rather have him back wit another striker to contend with for his place, the if he's the brooker we all remember than great we have two very good strikers to play alongside each other or Trundle or Byfield, but if not at least we have one.

Stick Trundle alongside a top notch striker and he will lay goals on a plate for them.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH were joint f--king top for god sake how much better do you want it , i cant believe some people on this site

I'm not complaining about where we are but I think we've played some great football, our defence has been amazing and we've suppased all of our wildest dreams, but lets face facts 14 goals from our strikeforce isnt good enough. Hand on heart did you expect our strikers to score yesterday? Did they look like scoring? The answer is no from me, so yeah we need strikers.

both players have a place but isnt the bottom line that the strikers score goals. Byfield has 8 and trundle has 3 so who seems to be doing their job to better effect. Now I know Trundle is more of a creative player but how many goals has his creative play got us this season?? if there is nobdy to convert these so called chances he creates, then he is a luxury in my eyes and we would be better suited playing somebody like noble in the position behind the striker. Noble doesnt profess to be a striker but is creative and still scores goals.

Archived