IGNORED

Nick Carle [merged]

sh1t_ref_again

Home debut by the Australian today and i have to say i was impressed. Looks like a high energy player, good technical skills and broke forward well too. Earned himself a M.O.M, playing what i would imagine is not his favoured position out on the right. Saying that he did seem to pop up right across the middle and i would certainly like to seem him in Nobles usual role behind the lone striker.

Welcome to Bristol Nick, good start.

Thought had a excellent home debut. Nice to see a skillful play maker who is not frightend to get stuck in.

A+ for effort, skill and endevour. An excellent signing

I was impressed by his passing and tenacity.

I disagree with your username though - I though today's ref was head and shoulders above any I've seen this season :)

I was impressed by his passing and tenacity.

I disagree with your username though - I though today's ref was head and shoulders above any I've seen this season :)

First game ive been to in a long time where i don't remember complaining about a bad decision, even the offsids were pretty spot on. Maybe couple of penalty claims but they wudda been harsh to give, let the play flow well. Full credit to him

Thought Carle was good today. Looking good with Johnson, Noble and now Carle in midfield.

A lot made of no goals up front, but equal top on points at this stage who cares?

Cmon in with a chance of the premiership lets get behind rthe lads.

We can do it!

Totally spot on. Worked very hard and had some extremely good touches. Obviously tired towards the end as the standard of football he has been playing in abroad is not up to the fitness levels of the Championship but he will certainly get stronger. Looks a bit like and plays a bit like Harry Kewell? Great signing.

Once again, good to hear of such positive feeback on Nick.

It was a great result, but only just!

I couldn't get to see the game, but a message to GJ (even if he doesn't like feedback from this Forum!), Nick is just so out of position out on the right wing where I heard he played - is the latter right?

I've followed his career since he was a kid, and although very adaptable, when coaches have tried this sort of thing before it just hasn't really clicked or taken full advantge of his strengths and can lead to some frustration.

He's dominant left footed attacking central midfielder though sometimes will drift into other areas and even use the flanks.

I'm interested from others how they think he's beginning to form good links with other players esp midfield and strikers of course ?

ps as for similarities with Kewell (previous post), yes there are some and obviously left footed but in some ways Nick is a more all round player - both have high level technical qualities when on the ball - Harry at his peak with Leeds in those last seasons was pretty deadly on goal, almost a striker role, but alas the injuries seem to have caught up with him - think that Nick's time has come, and I'd pick him ahead of Harry for a full 90 minutes contribution.

Once again, good to hear of such positive feeback on Nick.

It was a great result, but only just!

I couldn't get to see the game, but a message to GJ (even if he doesn't like feedback from this Forum!), Nick is just so out of position out on the right wing where I heard he played - is the latter right?

I've followed his career since he was a kid, and although very adaptable, when coaches have tried this sort of thing before it just hasn't really clicked or taken full advantge of his strengths and can lead to some frustration.

He's dominant left footed attacking central midfielder though sometimes will drift into other areas and even use the flanks.

I'm interested from others how they think he's beginning to form good links with other players esp midfield and strikers of course ?

He was on the right mainly because Sproule was suspended, I wouldn't expect to see him there much. Looks like a central attacking midfielder as you say, I think he will either be playing behind a striker or in a central two in the future.

Early days for linking with team mates and to be honest we've swapped the front two about so much lately I wouldn't expect to see that settle down unless another forward comes in.

As most of the regular posters know, I spend a third of my year in Australia and I have seen Carle many times.

Very few of you have seen Carle in various positions and countries, so let me add this comment.

Nick Carle needs to be played from the midfield and I would suggest the following in 2 weeks time.

Basso

Orr Carey Vasko Fontaine

Sproule Elliot Carle McIndoe

Byfield Brooker

Bench : McCombe, Skuse, LJ, Trundle, Weale.

On that performance the lad wouldn't have looked out of place in the Premiership. I have been very impressed with him in his first two games for us. Hopefully he turns out to be like Elliott but an attacking version of Elliott.

At times today it was like watching Arsenal but minus the goals. All we need now is a striker and dreams could become reality.

He was absolutely magnificent yesterday. Took up intelligent positions, played some great passes and looked technically sound. All this and he was played out of position too.

On the two games I've seen him though I'd love to see him and Marv in the middle. Think that's got immense potential as a partnership and wouldn't look out of place in the Premiership.

Just need to work out a song for him now! :preacher:

TBH he showed LJ up. He seems to be one of those players who rarely gives the ball away. LJ must have gave the ball away 5 or 6 times yesterday when a simple pass was available. When both fit Carle has to be first choice although I could see us playing 4-4-1-1 with Carle in the noble role a lot.

He was absolutely magnificent yesterday. Took up intelligent positions, played some great passes and looked technically sound. All this and he was played out of position too.

On the two games I've seen him though I'd love to see him and Marv in the middle. Think that's got immense potential as a partnership and wouldn't look out of place in the Premiership.

Just need to work out a song for him now! :preacher:

The Old Steve Jones song seems the front runner atm.

I'd like to see Carle, Johnson and Elliott in the middle.

Sproule and McIndoe supporting the striker.

A sort of flexible 4-5-1 with Carle, Sproule and McIndoe supporting the striker - could be a 4-3-3 on occasion.

For me, I'd like to see a four man midfield from left to right of McIndoe, Carle, Elliott, Sproule and, presuming we don't get a new striker, Trundle and Brooker up front.

I'd like to see Carle, Johnson and Elliott in the middle.

Sproule and McIndoe supporting the striker.

A sort of flexible 4-5-1 with Carle, Sproule and McIndoe supporting the striker - could be a 4-3-3 on occasion.

Agreed, in discussion after the game yesterday we came up with a similar formular. Given the quality we currently have in midfield and the golden rule that you play to your team's strengths, this would seem to work effectively with the current squad.

hearing all the bristol city faithful taking to nicky carle is going to bring a tear to ma eye!!
I have seen both of his games for us and he is very quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Played for 70 mins yesterday and got man of the match. That speaks volumes.

I am very impressed by him and just hope he can keep it up. He can pass shot and tackle and has a high work rate and gets himself around on that pitch. He was played on the right but kept coming inside to help out and win that ball.

Agreed, in discussion after the game yesterday we came up with a similar formular. Given the quality we currently have in midfield and the golden rule that you play to your team's strengths, this would seem to work effectively with the current squad.

Its what Man U do and does little harm to them.

As most of the regular posters know, I spend a third of my year in Australia and I have seen Carle many times.

Very few of you have seen Carle in various positions and countries, so let me add this comment.

Nick Carle needs to be played from the midfield and I would suggest the following in 2 weeks time.

Basso

Orr Carey Vasko Fontaine

Sproule Elliot Carle McIndoe

Byfield Brooker

Bench : McCombe, Skuse, LJ, Trundle, Weale.

McCombe is not a bencher; Fontaine is.

Archived