IGNORED

Immense Defence

LocoPal

Top marks to the back four today for a solid performance. M.o.m. had to be Vasko or McCombe for me.

Despite a patchy performance today surely fifty-one points can mark the end of our survival season, so let's bring on the promotion charge, starting against QPR, just as the campaign began on August 11th.

There's just seventeen matches to go so enjoy the ride, stay positive and get behind the team, because we all see the players are feeling the pressure of expectation now as was all too evident today.

And Mr Johnson, this thing called 'freedom of speech' allows forum users to express their views openly within the clearly defined boundaries set by the site admin, so if you don't like what appears here, then maybe you can disuade your staff from viewing it and not berate us for harmless speculation about possible transfers and our opinions, be they good or bad, about the players.

Apologies for the rant. C'mon you reds!

Can I just say that I thought the Riordan saga was both gripping and hilarious. It doesn't matter that we hoped he'd sign, and were almost convinced it would happen, because it was little more than pub-talk.

I think Johnson may be feeling the pressure a wee bit himself. His job is demanding, particularly when our expectation levels can appear to be outrageous.

Recently, GJ has made critical comments about the forum, the fans, the media, agents and players. Perhaps all of those influences combined can make for an exhausting experience.

I'd say he's worked bloody hard to get this club ship-shape and Bristol City fashion, and he deserves a lot of praise and a lot more patience.

Finally, there are plenty of things in this world that irritate me and given the chance to moan to vent my annoyance through local media would be very satisfying. Gary Johnson can moan about the forum if he wants, but he can't change anything. Perhaps, though, he just wants a little more appreciation and a little less expectation from the fans.

Edit: oh yeah, the defence was indeed very resilient today!

I was a bit concerned when I got in the ground and realised that McCombe and Vasko were the central defensive pairing but I have to say that they were immense in the second half when we were under the cosh. Done all the ugly stuff like tackles, headers and blocks (as they are paid to do) very well. And Vasko looks like he can play a bit - he just needs to maintain his concentration levels then I think we have a player on our hands.

Top marks to the back four today for a solid performance. M.o.m. had to be Vasko or McCombe for me.

Despite a patchy performance today surely fifty-one points can mark the end of our survival season, so let's bring on the promotion charge, starting against QPR, just as the campaign began on August 11th.

There's just seventeen matches to go so enjoy the ride, stay positive and get behind the team, because we all see the players are feeling the pressure of expectation now as was all too evident today.

And Mr Johnson, this thing called 'freedom of speech' allows forum users to express their views openly within the clearly defined boundaries set by the site admin, so if you don't like what appears here, then maybe you can disuade your staff from viewing it and not berate us for harmless speculation about possible transfers and our opinions, be they good or bad, about the players.

Apologies for the rant. C'mon you reds!

Glad McCombe is now close to last seasons form : )

And maybe McCombe is actually returning to top form. Why do some always look nfor a negative to a good perfrmance. Give him some credit for a solid performance.

He played better yesterday but against decent opposition like Palace he just isn't good enough. Hopefully Carey will be back soon.

Archived