IGNORED

Trundle To Cheltenham

kelbcfc

its clear to me and many others that lee trundle is not doing the buisness.

why not send him to cheltenham for a month??????

he can regain his confidence and maybe with a couple of goals return as the player we wanted.

thoughts. :city:

:city:

Well you did ask!

My thoughts are -

1) You are a deluded muppet!

2) You have decided we can cope with just 2 Strikers at the club - Byfield & Showunmi.

3) You are a deluded muppet!

4) We are 2nd in the league and you are a negative moaner.

5) You are a deluded Muppet!

6) You are obviously someone who is never satisfied with anything.

7) You are a deluded muppet!

8) You are a Cheltenham Fan!

9) You are a deluded muppet!

Sorry but am pi$$ed off with all the negative posts after another hardworking performance that ended in a win!

no I'm not moaning,i am over the moon with where we are at the moment.

but i feel that by dropping a division and scoring a couple of goals lee trundle would return to be a better more confident player.

which is what we will need for the last dozen or so games.

Well you did ask!

My thoughts are -

1) You are a deluded muppet!

2) You have decided we can cope with just 2 Strikers at the club - Byfield & Showunmi.

3) You are a deluded muppet!

4) We are 2nd in the league and you are a negative moaner.

5) You are a deluded Muppet!

6) You are obviously someone who is never satisfied with anything.

7) You are a deluded muppet!

8) You are a Cheltenham Fan!

9) You are a deluded muppet!

Sorry but am pi$$ed off with all the negative posts after another hardworking performance that ended in a win!

Hang on LeeF, that's not a negative post but one that addresses an issue that we can all see. Namely, that lee T's goalscoring record is not as good as we hoped and expected it would be and, if it continues could impact upon our promotion chances. OK, the loan to Cheltenham might not be the best sggestion in the world, but that doesn't make the poster a muppet or a moaner, because he's made a constuctive suggestion to solve what he sees is a weakness.

I am delighted with a victory over Blackpool and our position in the table. This season has exceeeded all my expectations and I am now nervously excited about us genuinely competing for promotion over the remainder of the season. However, for all my positivity, that does not mean I can't raise my concern that in games like yesterday's, hanging on to a 1-0 lead puts us under more pressure, and how many times in the past has a dominant City performance produced an early goal, but then led to a rearguard defensive display and the concesssion of a late equelizer, only because we didn't have the firepower to convert possession and domination into more goals?

On a similar theme to your post, another posted yesterday commented, in answer to so said moaners, that we were then in 3rd place on goal difference, so we should all stop moaning. How would we all feel if that comment was made after the last game of the season? i.e. we missed out on promotion on goal difference, and did so because of our poor goalscoring record. We have a strong defence, as we did for many seasons in division 1, but how many promotions did we miss out on because we couldnt get the ball in the net often enough?

After all he's acheived, I have complete trust in GJ to do what is best for the club and team. If he decides we can go with what we've got, then that's OK by me, but given that pretty well every man and his dog can recognize our glaring weakness in front of goal, then I hope he addresses the issue. If it's by bringing in a new striker then it gives us more options. If it's by sending Trundle to Cheltenham to find form and confidence, then I'm Brad Pitt.

its clear to me and many others that lee trundle is not doing the buisness.

why not send him to cheltenham for a month??????

he can regain his confidence and maybe with a couple of goals return as the player we wanted.

thoughts.

complete and utter tosh.

nothing wrong with his confidence, there is no doubt he is badly in need of a goal, but he is still proving a very creative influence on the team as he showed yesterday by creating a number of good chances of other players and also having in key part in winning the corner that got us our goal.

Hang on LeeF, that's not a negative post but one that addresses an issue that we can all see. Namely, that lee T's goalscoring record is not as good as we hoped and expected it would be and, if it continues could impact upon our promotion chances. OK, the loan to Cheltenham might not be the best sggestion in the world, but that doesn't make the poster a muppet or a moaner, because he's made a constuctive suggestion to solve what he sees is a weakness.

I am delighted with a victory over Blackpool and our position in the table. This season has exceeeded all my expectations and I am now nervously excited about us genuinely competing for promotion over the remainder of the season. However, for all my positivity, that does not mean I can't raise my concern that in games like yesterday's, hanging on to a 1-0 lead puts us under more pressure, and how many times in the past has a dominant City performance produced an early goal, but then led to a rearguard defensive display and the concesssion of a late equelizer, only because we didn't have the firepower to convert possession and domination into more goals?

On a similar theme to your post, another posted yesterday commented, in answer to so said moaners, that we were then in 3rd place on goal difference, so we should all stop moaning. How would we all feel if that comment was made after the last game of the season? i.e. we missed out on promotion on goal difference, and did so because of our poor goalscoring record. We have a strong defence, as we did for many seasons in division 1, but how many promotions did we miss out on because we couldnt get the ball in the net often enough?

After all he's acheived, I have complete trust in GJ to do what is best for the club and team. If he decides we can go with what we've got, then that's OK by me, but given that pretty well every man and his dog can recognize our glaring weakness in front of goal, then I hope he addresses the issue. If it's by bringing in a new striker then it gives us more options. If it's by sending Trundle to Cheltenham to find form and confidence, then I'm Brad Pitt.

I can understand and agree with a lot of what you are saying yet, I am fed up to the back teeth with people knocking players in a side that have got us to the position we are in. I am sure if either Trundle, Byfield or any other striker for that matter just hung on the last defenders shoulder waiting for the next opportunity to score the goal tally for our current strike force would be better. The issue is 2 fold - Firstly GJ would not allow any striker to play for the side with no work ethic. Secondly if our strikers are pushed high up the pitch doing naff all except scoring it is plainly obvious we will conceed more at the other end so the end result is not much different except we will see more 2-2 draws and 3-2 defeats than we presently do. I for one am happy with how GJ makes the team work for each other and do not care who scores.

With regards to clinging on for a win- I know it is hard to watch but thats CCC football. It has been said by many people with a lot more knowledge than me that in the CCC you will not totally dominate teams for 90 minutes. The league is a tight one from top to bottom. There are maybe one or two teams who are capable of battering other sides but you need only look at the results for everyone on any saturday in the CCC to see the games being won or lost by the odd goal. If we attack for 5 mins in a whole match and defend for 85mins, have 1 shot at goal and 30 shots against I would not care as long as the result was 1-0 in our favour. Here is the bottom line - The players, management, board and everyone conected to the club will be judged on May 4th 2008 at 4.50pm purely on the results from the previous 46 games and nothing else.

In all honesty in answer to your question about finishing 3rd on goal difference - I would be delighted. I would consider the fact that due to the work rate and defensive qualities of the side we are in with a shout of a day out at Wembley and maybe the promised land - Who would of predicted that in August 2007?

And for the record - SENDING TRUNDLE TO CHELTENHAM IS A DELUDED MUPPET IDEA!

trundle will come good.

it will take him this season to come good.

he will be older and wiser for next season.

he does work hard for the team and with the right service he will start to score goals.

all he needs is confidence

Exactly. Just like drogba at chelsea! (I'm not saying theyre similar players..Trundles far better :innocent06: ) But he looked rubbish in his first season at chelsea and look at him now!

I can understand and agree with a lot of what you are saying yet, I am fed up to the back teeth with people knocking players in a side that have got us to the position we are in. I am sure if either Trundle, Byfield or any other striker for that matter just hung on the last defenders shoulder waiting for the next opportunity to score the goal tally for our current strike force would be better. The issue is 2 fold - Firstly GJ would not allow any striker to play for the side with no work ethic. Secondly if our strikers are pushed high up the pitch doing naff all except scoring it is plainly obvious we will conceed more at the other end so the end result is not much different except we will see more 2-2 draws and 3-2 defeats than we presently do. I for one am happy with how GJ makes the team work for each other and do not care who scores.

With regards to clinging on for a win- I know it is hard to watch but thats CCC football. It has been said by many people with a lot more knowledge than me that in the CCC you will not totally dominate teams for 90 minutes. The league is a tight one from top to bottom. There are maybe one or two teams who are capable of battering other sides but you need only look at the results for everyone on any saturday in the CCC to see the games being won or lost by the odd goal. If we attack for 5 mins in a whole match and defend for 85mins, have 1 shot at goal and 30 shots against I would not care as long as the result was 1-0 in our favour. Here is the bottom line - The players, management, board and everyone conected to the club will be judged on May 4th 2008 at 4.50pm purely on the results from the previous 46 games and nothing else.

In all honesty in answer to your question about finishing 3rd on goal difference - I would be delighted. I would consider the fact that due to the work rate and defensive qualities of the side we are in with a shout of a day out at Wembley and maybe the promised land - Who would of predicted that in August 2007?

And for the record - SENDING TRUNDLE TO CHELTENHAM IS A DELUDED MUPPET IDEA!

LOOK LEE F THIS IS A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE DISCUSS ITEMS ABOUT THE CITY.

I GAVE MY POINT OF VIEW AND YOU GAVE YOURS.FAIR ENOUGH.

BUT I FIND IT QUITE OFFENSIVE TO BE INSULTED BY YOU FOR HAVING A OPINION.

I FOR ONE AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE WAY WE HAVE BEEN PLAYING AND THE CURRENT POSITION OF THE TEAM.

OK YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH MY IDEA BUT THATS YOUR OPTION.

HAVE A NICE DAY AND CHILL OUT

Here's my view, if by the end of the January transfer window we have signed for example; Riordan and Adebola lets say, that would leave us with Byfield and SHowmuni and another guy whose name has slipped my mind. Then I'd say yea if the offers right then let Trundle go, but by that same means I wouldn't want our options decreased again, so we need one or two strikers but we need to keep what we have at this time. If by the end of the season were in the prem then we may as well get rid if he hasn't started to bang the goals in. But I'd keep the faith with him till the end of the window at the very minimum.

LOOK LEE F THIS IS A FORUM WHERE PEOPLE DISCUSS ITEMS ABOUT THE CITY.

I GAVE MY POINT OF VIEW AND YOU GAVE YOURS.FAIR ENOUGH.

BUT I FIND IT QUITE OFFENSIVE TO BE INSULTED BY YOU FOR HAVING A OPINION.

I FOR ONE AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE WAY WE HAVE BEEN PLAYING AND THE CURRENT POSITION OF THE TEAM.

OK YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH MY IDEA BUT THATS YOUR OPTION.

HAVE A NICE DAY AND CHILL OUT

I apologise if you were insulted, that honestly was not my intention. I do think your idea lacks a little thought but the sentiment was correct in a way. Yes we need Trundle to be at the top of his game but I do not really think ending him on loan would be good for him or BCFC.

If for instance he did go out for a month and we were left with just 2 strikers who have played league football for us this year and 1 of those were to become injured where would we be.

or

If he were to go on loan and still not score would that further dent his confidence?

I just feel he is fine where he is and a lot of people are missing what he brings to the team.

By the way it was a nice day but I feel the Monday morning blues descending!

no I'm not moaning,i am over the moon with where we are at the moment.

but i feel that by dropping a division and scoring a couple of goals lee trundle would return to be a better more confident player.

which is what we will need for the last dozen or so games.

Your logic is certainly from the dark side... beat a man with a stick and expect him to come back motivated... hmmm... are you a prison officer? :laugh:

"Here you go Lee, this is a confidence building exercise. You're not scoring so we're sending you to a League one side even though we paid a million for you."

Hmmm...

Archived