IGNORED

10 Wins From The Premiership?

Luke_Ciderhead

A quick geeky look back at previous seasons league tables, and the points needed for automatic promotion:

06-07

1 Sunderland 88

2 Birmingham 86

05-06

1 Reading 106

2 Sheff Utd 90

04-05

1 Sunderland 94

2 Wigan 87

03-04

1 Norwich 94

2 West Brom 86

02-03

1 Portsmouth 98

2 Leicester 92

So based on past seasons we're looking at an average of around 88 points for 2nd place...based on current form this season we would fall just short of that mark...

BUT HERES THE GOOD NEWS:

Based on the current form of all the teams around us (including West Brom who regularly suffer the odd hiccup), around 82 points will be enough this time around.

So effectively, with 51 points I would conclude that we are about 10 wins (and a few draws) away from the Premiership...how awesome does that sound!!

A quick geeky look back at previous seasons league tables, and the points needed for automatic promotion:

06-07

1 Sunderland 88

2 Birmingham 86

05-06

1 Reading 106

2 Sheff Utd 90

04-05

1 Sunderland 94

2 Wigan 87

03-04

1 Norwich 94

2 West Brom 86

02-03

1 Portsmouth 98

2 Leicester 92

So based on past seasons we're looking at an average of around 88 points for 2nd place...based on current form this season we would fall just short of that mark...

BUT HERES THE GOOD NEWS:

Based on the current form of all the teams around us (including West Brom who regularly suffer the odd hiccup), around 82 points will be enough this time around.

So effectively, with 51 points I would conclude that we are about 10 wins (and a few draws) away from the Premiership...how awesome does that sound!!

Ten more nail-biting 1-0 victories will do it!

06-07

1 Sunderland 88

2 Birmingham 86

05-06

1 Reading 106

2 Sheff Utd 90

04-05

1 Sunderland 94

2 Wigan 87

03-04

1 Norwich 94

2 West Brom 86

02-03

1 Portsmouth 98

2 Leicester 92

BUT HERES THE GOOD NEWS:

How many points did the third placed team get in all these seasons? That's what will give us a target.

How many points did the third placed team get in all these seasons? That's what will give us a target.

Seen that on here before somewhere but I don't think WBA ,Watford , Stoke , Palace and us will get to the points totals given above as with every one still playing one and other and the obvious points being taken from each other will affect the totals given . Top six have lost a lot of games / not won as many as past seasons ??

So I think maybe 80 maybe enough .

I was chatting to some friends back in May when we got promoted and discussing where we would finish, i said mid table, they replied "we're going up" i said "Yeah right, not a chance"... Hmmm :fingerscrossed:

This time last year I still wasn't sure that we'd get promoted to the Championship...

10 wins from next 17 games...?

Sounds so difficult when you put it like that, but then again we shouldn't forget the season we've had so far....

Improbable, but possible!

Fairly similar to last season, wasnt it 10 wins from 15 that GJ set as a target to go up last year.

All season, through almost 3 blocks of 10 we have averaged 1.7 points per game. With one match remaining to complete our third block of 10, our game average would give us 80/81 points.

Now we have P29 W14 D9 L6. Based on that our remaining games would bring P17 W8 D6 L3 Pts 30.

That gives us a total of 81 points.

Other factors to consider are there is not a breakaway team, and on any day anyone can get beaten. A low 80's total may secure 2end place.

Perhaps our average may rise with the addition of Carle and the return of Carey and Brooker in good form. Definately a few variables.

It points to us making the final 6 and being a current front runner for auto promotion.

Some more goals scored would gaurantee it.

All season, through almost 3 blocks of 10 we have averaged 1.7 points per game. With one match remaining to complete our third block of 10, our game average would give us 80/81 points.

Now we have P29 W14 D9 L6. Based on that our remaining games would bring P17 W8 D6 L3 Pts 30.

That gives us a total of 81 points.

Other factors to consider are there is not a breakaway team, and on any day anyone can get beaten. A low 80's total may secure 2end place.

Perhaps our average may rise with the addition of Carle and the return of Carey and Brooker in good form. Definately a few variables.

It points to us making the final 6 and being a current front runner for auto promotion.

Some more goals scored would gaurantee it.

Or for simpler folk (like me): We're second - it's in our own hands - so if we win every game from now on, we'll denifinitely go up! Let's go for that option.

This is our problem...cast your minds back to the first stages of the season, Having great fun watching great football, Beating Sheff U, Coventry, Southampton, it was very enjoyable!

Now its getting serious and we really could get promoted. Games like Blackpool on saturday was seen as "win or bust" and it really shouldn't! We should keep enjoying the fact we have our best team for years!

Hearing moans from all parts of the ground (bar the Eastend) when somebody miss controls the ball or slightly miss times a pass is crazy! Come on lets keep having a laugh and if it comes to the Preston home game and we are still in with a chance of automatic promotion then fantastic, until then lets keep getting behind the lads. And bring on QPR!

Archived