IGNORED

Magic Johnson

NEWTONRED66

Haven't seen anything mentioned on here yet but a great story from The Sun yesterday for those of you who might not have already seen it finished off with a excellent final quote.

MAGIC JOHNSON

Gary Johnson could never be accused of setting his sights on mediocrity.

After winning promotion to the Championship last term,I think every Bristol City fan would have been happy just to see them consolidate this time around.After all,they are now in a division where fortunes have been spent on transfers and wages by clubs desperate to rub shoulders with the big guns.

Not Gary he doesn't do average .But I'd hazard a guess that he is exceeding even his own expectations right now. City were not exactly the first name on people's lips when promotion challengers were being tipped but they could barge their way to joint top of the table today.

If they beat Blackpool at Ashton Gate,they will leap alongside West Brom,leaving glamour boys like Watford,Wolves and Charlton trailling in their wake.

Neighbour Rovers may have an FA Cup trip to Barnet to look forward to but I don't think to many Robins fans would trade places with them - even for a day.

Gary is a realist and knows you don't win anything for being top in January. It's a tough ask to expect them to continue in the same vein until May.But they are not in such a lofty position just because of luck or battling - although they do have a great ability for the latter.

They are flying high courtesy of the most attractive football in the division and outstanding results to go with. The future couldn't look much rosier, for the club and the manager. The only downside,of course,is that continued success will bring some of the big guns to town when they are obviously looking for a new manager.Obviously Gary is ambitious but there is no reason why he can't achieve all his dreams at Ashton Gate - he is earning a name as something of a miracle worker.

He took Latvia to the European Championships - something which made him a national hero over there - and he led Yeovil to the FA Trophy and into the Football League.

Gary has been using a lot of psychology over the past few months.And he must have them all believing they are Ronaldinho at the moment as City are an absolute joy to watch.

There is no telling where the story will end.I would not be suprised if it was in the Premier League.Stranger things have happened.

Well Done Gary keep up the great work, that dream is still alive for us. I'm at least enjoying this incredible journey.

I don't know what people have got to moan about . after reading this it might shut a few of them up.

Well Done Gary keep up the great work, that dream is still alive for us. I'm at least enjoying this incredible journey.

I don't know what people have got to moan about . after reading this it might shut a few of them up.

No chance of that.....unfortunately.

Gary Johnson and Co's fantastic achievements at this club have at least been recognised by the national media if not by certain sections of this club's 'support'. :whistle2:

Well done Gary Johnson and Co. :clapping:

The team, manager and backroom staff are working wonders. If your reading this GJ, we are all behind you. Your going to get the odd groan here and there, but thats just what there used to doing. We're fully behind you and the team and all want whats best for our club. Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot for posting that and as mentioned in another thread that GJ may well read this forum, if he does i really hope that he reads this thread and realises what a truley magnificent job he has done for us at our club and depite all the back biting on here and the slating of players that goes on (yea, you know who you are!!) We or should i say I am really thankfull to everybody at the club. There are far worse positions to be in.

Archived