Elliot

Noble

Trundle

Carle

Brooker

Byfield

Skuse

Murray

Interesting that you have Carle on the bench despite two outstanding performances, while others name Lee Johnson on the bench, again notwithstanding excellent recent form. In the absence (so far) of a new striker, perhaps the answer is to play 4-5-1, incorporating both of these creative players in midfield? Why leave either of them out?

GK: Basso

RB: Orr

LB: McAllister

CB: Carey ©

CB: Fontaine

RW: Sproule

LW: McIndoe

CM: Elliot

CM: Carle

CF: Trundle

CF: Byfield

S1: Showunmi

S2: Murray

S3: Johnson

S4: Weale

S5: Vasko

Interesting that you have Carle on the bench despite two outstanding performances, while others name Lee Johnson on the bench, again notwithstanding excellent recent form. In the absence (so far) of a new striker, perhaps the answer is to play 4-5-1, incorporating both of these creative players in midfield? Why leave either of them out?

I am by no means Johnson's biggest fan, but to have got where we have so far I feel it would be harsh to drop him.

As for Carle, first time I would have seen him play will be this Saturday, so maybe my team will change after the game. Certainly feel 4.4.1.1 is effective and as you say, getting both in the team together may be an option (replace Noble from my team), which may also allow Mcindoe + Sproule more freedom.

On the whole, I trust Johnson (gary) more then me!!!!

These threads are always the same, they jsut reflect whoever is flavour of the month.

A month ago Vasko would never have made anyones 16. carle has had two decent performances and is included. Trundle would have started in most peoples team a month ago and no doubt if we sign Adebloa he wil jump everyone and be made captain!

These threads are always the same, they jsut reflect whoever is flavour of the month.

A month ago Vasko would never have made anyones 16. carle has had two decent performances and is included. Trundle would have started in most peoples team a month ago and no doubt if we sign Adebloa he wil jump everyone and be made captain!

Aren't all team selections based on form??

For what it's worth:

GK - Basso

RB - Wilson

LB - Fontaine

CB - Carey

CB - Vasko

RM - Sproule

LM - McCindoe

CM - Johnson

CM - Elliot

AM - Carle

CF - Trundle

SUBS

Weale

McCombe

Orr

Noble

Byfield

Would definately like to see Wilson given a go at right back, as I think he has been pretty good when on the pitch so far this season. No offence to Bradley, but think we are lacking a little in both full back positions.

For what it's worth:

GK - Basso

RB - Wilson

LB - Fontaine

CB - Carey

CB - Vasko

RM - Sproule

LM - McCindoe

CM - Johnson

CM - Elliot

AM - Carle

CF - Trundle

SUBS

Weale

McCombe

Orr

Noble

Byfield

Would definately like to see Wilson given a go at right back, as I think he has been pretty good when on the pitch so far this season. No offence to Bradley, but think we are lacking a little in both full back positions.

Same here

gk basso

rb orr

cb carey

cb vasko

lb fontaine

rw sproule

cm elliot

cm johnson

cm carle

lw mcindoe

f enoch

subs:skuse,murray,trundle,byfield,weale.

i would have 5 in midfield allowing sproule,mcindoe and carle to interlink and support enoch when needed.

:city:

red_from_maidenhead and kelbcfc, no room for jamie mcallister in your best 16?

as for my selection...

basso

orr

carey

fontaine

mcallister

mcindoe

elliott

johnson

carle

sproule

byfield

subs being weale, wilson, trundle, skuse and mccombe/vasko (cant decide between them).

I realise there are only two strikers in the 16, but carle or even sproule can be pushed up top if needs be. byfield would get the nod up front as he works harder and has shown himself to be more prolific (well, he's scored more goals) than trundle so far. showunmi works hard, but for me lacks that little bit of quality that trundle can be capable of.

Archived