IGNORED

We're In For Burnley's £2m-rated Kyle Lafferty

merrickstash

That's what has just crossed my desk here at the Daily Beast. Up against the Old Firm for Lafferty. For details see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Lafferty.

Not exactly stellar stats but he's rated by a lot of people who know their onions.

I also learn that we've supposedly bid £250k for Adebola. Met the guy - nice fella. But I'm not sure what he gives that we don't already have in Enoch. Better at holding the ball up, maybe?

good player, but I would have thought that 2 million is way out of our price range. You have to be careful not to upset GJ again with this kind of post!

Si.

Just in case GJ gets pissed off, here is the link from yesterday's Belfast paper.

http://www.sundaylife.co.uk/sport/article3376857.ece

We get mentioned about nine pars down. If the BEP/WDP were any good they'd have picked this up by now. Maybe I should come in and do a quick session on using google news to find stories. My rates are very reasonable.

He is a quality player but a winger.

He's currently playing as a winger, because Burnley's Owen Coyle prefers Akinbiyi and Blake up front, but the big Irishman is a striker.

Here's his Burnley profile: http://www.burnleyfootballclub.premiumtv.c...3~34037,00.html

Soccerbase Stats: http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=41614

This is purely subjective, but I believe that Lafferty is a young, classy player, who would benefit greatly from Johnson's tutelage, not least in the disciplinary stakes, which were exemplified by his awful two footed tackle against Arsenal that earned an instant dismissal. Mind you, Gary has worked wonders with Lafferty's Norn Iron team-mate Ivan Sproule so anythings possible.

I'll second that last thought, lets get on with supporting those here already

I mean feel a bit mean fo trying to change this thread but it's a tad annoying :innocent06 :innocent06: . I can't believe that we are second and have only been 100% on a few occasions. For sure GJ has made us work very well and made us soo consistent.

I am sure someone posted in one of the threads in the Rumours and transfers pages that he saw someone well connected to the club talking to kyle Lafferty on the downs.

From what I have seen of him and from talking to one of my Burnley supporting mates he would be a great signing, although not sure for £2m

Yep, found it, it was Clifton not the downs,

I was in cliffton wednesday afternoon

seen well known city person(not telling name)

talking to some bloke who got in his car

the reg was 9 KL

I am sure someone posted in one of the threads in the Rumours and transfers pages that he saw someone well connected to the club talking to kyle Lafferty on the downs.

From what I have seen of him and from talking to one of my Burnley supporting mates he would be a great signing, although not sure for £2m

the reg was 9 KL

Oh dear!

the reg was 9 KL

9 KL - thats worth about 30k... he's on too much money.. we don't want any prima donas.

9 KL - thats worth about 30k... he's on too much money.. we don't want any prima donas.

Despite being ex-scum Earnshaw would be the only player out of the dozens suggested that I would love to see playing for City. But it wo'nt happen.

£2m is a lot for an over-rated player. Adebola is effective and horrible to play against no doubt but when Brooker is fit he will be far better than Adebola.

To sum up Earnshaw for City! please..

If you get a chance to see the goal he scored in Sweden for Northern Ireland you'd understand why teams are after this lad, it was stunning.

A very good player and that was a class goal. But £2 000 000? No way. Have a look abroad. Think it has been said before - he's not a winger.

Diden't realise he was that young. Maybee a fair price after all.

No moaning - just an ip onion : )

the reg was 9 KL

That was me

Took the Mrs to the dentist

Went for a walk when she was having the work done

100% sure it was him

If we was to get someone like KL i would be well chuffed, i think the adebola press talk is a smoke screen anyway ( Fingers Crossed ), to divert the attention away from the actual target.

We all know how GJ and team like to keep things close to there chests when it comes to transfers as most of us didnt see the Nick Carle transfer coming.

Bring on KL.. Nice work GJ & SL if its true.

Come on u Reddzzzz

Its now "£4 million rated" after Burnley's Chairman raised the stakes in the face of an imminent Celtic bid:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle3267873.ece

Oh, and Ivan wishes him luck at Parkhead (should Lafferty sign for the hoops): http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/footbal...86908-20302208/

On Sky that Rangers have bid 3.5m for him,

Bit out of our price range then.

Archived