IGNORED

I Love Bristol City

megansdad

Yeah, yeah, but not top of the list by quite a few :noexpression:

G.J is a good very good manager;

S.L; has been known to make errors of judgement;

Players; most are just passing through.

Have done, since the age of 3, rather a long time ago! This year could be even better than the last one.

And I am still sore at missing the 1-0 win over one-song, courtesy of Clive Whithead, when we last got into the promised land. (Had a table tennis match that night & couldn't let the team down!!)

:city::city::city::city:

GJ - your doing a great job

SL -you too

and the whole squad - keep it going for another 19 games and the Premiership awaits

Agred both doing a fantastic job and the club has come a very long way in relatively short period of time but they both need to keep pushing on.

BTW 17 games to go! :smartass:

Ooooh Megansdad, I'm sure you had a go at me once for being a happy clapper during the record run of defeats!

But I totally agree with you. This is the best football club in the world, and despite things that frustrate us, no one can ever take away what BCFC means to thousands of us.

Gary Johnson is the probably the best manager in England and we are very lucky.

Trundle and Byfield are City players and get my support for that alone.

Win or lose at QPR, this club is great!!!!!

Guest MaloneFM

Look across town for a minute.

Look at the jelousy, look at the clinging to a play off win, look at the clinging to the faint hope of squeezing past a side we have already beaten and are streets ahead of, look at the kibosh of the 'new' ground which will result in chaos, the constant yo yoing from the 4th to the third. Then back again.

The holding on to a 1-0 win in frankly a desperatly poor game on a pitch which makes the downs look like the Emirates. Despite the fact that they have not even come close in 8 years. Even in friendlies.

The lock outs in a tiny tiny ground only fit for rugby, and even they deny them the money to play all their big games over here.

The constant living in the past. The number who celebrated the Fulham win to your face but could not remember who took the penalties. They were not there.

The reject goalkeeper and defender. Like finding a half eaten pizza in the bin and waving it about because you can stave off the hunger.

They just don't get it. We didn't want them. We have got better, and are better.

Eddie Large is booked for their end of season party. February 17th when Southampton have finished with them. All thats left after that is the fixtures pile up and the relegation dogfight.

Come on now, smile for your uncle...that's better isn't it? :D

Look at the jelousy, look at the clinging to a play off win, look at the clinging to the faint hope of squeezing past a side we have already beaten and are streets ahead of, look at the kibosh of the 'new' ground which will result in chaos, the constant yo yoing from the 4th to the third. Then back again.

The holding on to a 1-0 win in frankly a desperatly poor game on a pitch which makes the downs look like the Emirates. Despite the fact that they have not even come close in 8 years. Even in friendlies.

The lock outs in a tiny tiny ground only fit for rugby, and even they deny them the money to play all their big games over here.

The constant living in the past. The number who celebrated the Fulham win to your face but could not remember who took the penalties. They were not there.

The reject goalkeeper and defender. Like finding a half eaten pizza in the bin and waving it about because you can stave off the hunger.

They just don't get it. We didn't want them. We have got better, and are better.

Eddie Large is booked for their end of season party. February 17th when Southampton have finished with them. All thats left after that is the fixtures pile up and the relegation dogfight.

I'm smiling :laugh:

And loving it :dancing6:

And loving Bristol City - COME ON YOU REDS :chant6ez:

FTG

You could always deliver a line :innocent06:

I'll join the BCFC love-in. I couldn't give a rats arse if we don't sign a "20 goal a season striker", I honestly believe team work/spirit will get us promoted this season. Motivation is probably the most important factor in management and GJ seems to be an expert at it. Four promotions in six seasons tells its own story, much like City's current position, it aint all down to luck.

YOU REEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Gary Johnson and the current team have changed my life.

I will always love City, but now i am really proud to be a City fan, also justifying away games to the Mrs is so much easier now! S****horpe and Colchester away on successive weekends?? Much easier when the Holy Grail is in sight!!

CITY TILL I DIE...

Players; most are just passing through.

That's always going to be the case to an extent because they have short careers and contracts of no more than three years in general.

But then you have the Louis Careys of this world.

And the togetherness of this squad comes over in every quote, every goal celebration and even when they make substitutions. They hug eachother on the touchline as one player comes off and the other takes over. It sure beats the types who mouth off and sulk when they're taken off ... not seen at our club these days.

It's just another reason to love City.

And by the way, how about all the players who have stayed in the area after leaving their homes in places like Scotland and the north east to sign for the club . . . Gerry Sweeney, Tom Ritchie, Brian Drysdale, Alan Walsh . . .

And talking of Sween how about the Ashton Gate Eight? They must have had some love for the club to sacrifice their contracts , because if they didn't care they could still have said: Tough

Yep, Ive always been a proud City fan, even during the darker times, I can remember when I first got my season ticket 12 or so years ago, we were getting crowds of around 7,000, struggling in what is now league one........now look at us.

Even if we bombed out of the top 6 now, the future looks bright for this club, there is a feel good factor around the place that Ive never known before

No matter how crap a week at work you may have.......you always have Saturday to look forward to

YOU REDS!

That's always going to be the case to an extent because they have short careers and contracts of no more than three years in general.

But then you have the Louis Careys of this world.

And the togetherness of this squad comes over in every quote, every goal celebration and even when they make substitutions. They hug eachother on the touchline as one player comes off and the other takes over. It sure beats the types who mouth off and sulk when they're taken off ... not seen at our club these days.

It's just another reason to love City.

And by the way, how about all the players who have stayed in the area after leaving their homes in places like Scotland and the north east to sign for the club . . . Gerry Sweeney, Tom Ritchie, Brian Drysdale, Alan Walsh . . .

And talking of Sween how about the Ashton Gate Eight? They must have had some love for the club to sacrifice their contracts , because if they didn't care they could still have said: Tough

Yeah true, I did say most; also true that we well you at the moment pay, they and the manager get paid to be here. Been here since 67 seen most things been to most grounds, other things now take priority.

Good luck to all and I really hope those that havent exp. our team in the top flight get to do that very soon.

Heres also hoping that you`re quick to get your S.T`s next season as promo will see them snaped up by newbies. :city:

One Team, ONE BRISTOL CITY.

( :fastasleep: Grumble) Bloody city... Championship... Bloody doing well... Football... God, why can't we buy a striker? Adebola? Old Geeze? Hump! What's that about... Bloody taking the mick ain't they? Hmmm... (tight-lipped scowl)... Bloody supported them for years and what do they go and do? Second in the champoinship... Not enough I tell you... How very dare they... Underachieving bunch of no hoping arsen-wipes...

Sorry... CITY TO I DIE... And Right now city... I'll die happy because at last you are showing every-bugger (Including our self-rightous-"I've got a bloody fifa certificate in coaching, I have - awarded by my very mum!" - Supporters - none of which will even read this bloody thread). Go out there and make yourselves legends boys because it really is up to you and you are that close (Some of you have already written yourselves into the history books). AND... there is a mass of us behind you every step of the way. YOU REDS! :worship2: Commense the happy clapping!

Guest MaloneFM
youre doing very well BCFC but i don't love you..I love BRFC...tell me where to go chaps..i don't care..

No thats fair enough. There is always room for Blackburn supporters on here.

not going to happen..thanks for the advice though..staying where we are will do just nice thanks.

"staying where we are will do just nice..."

There's ambition for you.

And that, my friend, is why your club has never reached the top division and will never be more than one of those clubs that knocks up and down the bottom two divisions of English football.

Archived