IGNORED

Do You Trust Gary Johnson?

numbeast

How many people on this forum trust Gary to do the right thing by the club, his player and the fans? I know my trust in him is total. At the start of the season I thought somewhere mid table would be a fantastic achievment and being in the top half would be a real bonus, well 29 games into the season and there we are sitting second and people genuinely believing we can go up for the second year on the trot.

Over the last 3 and a bit weeks speculation on who we're going to sign who we need to sign and who we'd like to sign has gripped everyone, myself included but we underestimate Mr. Johnson and his dealings in the transfer market. How many people guessed we would sign Nick Carle from Turkey of all places? Probably the same number of people who expected Marvin Elliot to be such a huge success.

As for Garys comments in the press on the weekend I see where he's coming from. We all know LT isn't brimming with confidence at the moment so all the speculation and hype about signing a goal scoring striker is really going to give him the boost he needs, I don't think so. Lee and Daren Byfield both worked hard for the cause on Saturday and we came away with a win. It wasn't a pretty game and our defence should take great credit but in May the record will say Bristol City 1 Blackpool 0 not Bristol City hung on for dear life or 3 lucky point, it'll state the fact we won. I think we would all agree we are doing far better than even the most optomistic fan could have hoped for. So if GJ does sign a new face before Thursday then great if not then I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

Thanks Gary and the lads for a f.. f.. f.. fantastic season so far! Come on yooooou reds

I believe Gary Johnson has been the best thing to happen to this club, certainly in my lifetime. Has sorted out a culture of failure which was at the core of BCFC and has dragged this club to a level which we thought was an impossiblility. All within 3 years. It is truely a fantastic achievement by GJ and i trust him wholeheartedly.

With all this striker talk, you must remember that GJ's teams play in a way that means it's unlikely that a striker will score too many. I predict, Carle, Sproule, McIndoe and Byfield will fire us up...

The first time I heard GJ interviewed after he joined us I though "Christ, this is a guy who actually knows what he's talking about". Not a common impression from football managers in my experience. He's proved me right ever since and long may it continue.

I trust him fully.

Thought he was great at Yeovil he first took over as he always struck me as a manager who talked alot of sense,

The moment Tinnion left, he was the man I WANTED ABOVE ANYONE, but NEVER for a moment believed that Lansdown would show the ambition to get him or that Johnson would have the bottle to take on the poisioned chalice job of Bristol City Manager.

felt that after he'd turned down Coventry and Derby, he wouldn't be interested in taking us over.

I was proved wrong promptly and even during that inital depressing losing run, still felt long term he was the right man.

Unfortunately........I do feel it's just a matter of time until he moves on until greater things, either......on and off the field we will be in a MUCH better position than when he joined.

The talk around me in the Dolman is all about Gary. There is less moaning than there was, although it is still too much considering where we are in the league. The view seems to be that Gary talks and does everything right. I think it is a compliment to our manager that people actually think he is watching the same game as us. You might find yourself thinking that Jamie McCombe, say, is a bit off the pace and the very next minute on comes Liam Fontaine. Or you might be ranting at a linesmans decision only to look across the pitch and see GJ doing the self same thing. And I like the way he comes on the pitch at the end and celebrates with, commiserates with or berates his players before always turning to the crowd and giving them a clap. He is a canny cockney is GJ.

He doesn't do anything bizarre, that's really great when you look around the league and in football generally. Hoolahan wouldn't have been dropped against us for example because he has that same quality LJ does. That's the difference. I thought Wilson was a decent manager, but there's no Carey in midfield or 2-5-3 formations anymore! It says a lot that the Evil Post have to spin stories to try and turn us against him.

When Gary deviates from his normality, like randomly dropping Vasko, and coming out publicly saying Enoch should have moved then I don't like it. He's set the bar so high that I'm hypercritical of any mistake he makes.

We have the best attitude and work rate in the league. We are the mentally strongest. Our preparation and professionalism is superb from the outside. He's untied a fan base and seems to have the entire club pulling as one. Whoever comes in after GJ unless it all goes horribly wrong before then is going to have a massive massive challenge.

I will look at every signing he makes from a positive point of view. And that says alot. I will justify what he does because of the results he gets even if i tend to disagree with it. Because for the first time in my city supporting career, i believe the manager knows more than me. and we all like to think we know best, GJ proves he knows best so we can damn well enjoy it.

He doesn't do anything bizarre, that's really great when you look around the league and in football generally. Hoolahan wouldn't have been dropped against us for example because he has that same quality LJ does. That's the difference. I thought Wilson was a decent manager, but there's no Carey in midfield or 2-5-3 formations anymore! It says a lot that the Evil Post have to spin stories to try and turn us against him.

When Gary deviates from his normality, like randomly dropping Vasko, and coming out publicly saying Enoch should have moved then I don't like it. He's set the bar so high that I'm hypercritical of any mistake he makes.

We have the best attitude and work rate in the league. We are the mentally strongest. Our preparation and professionalism is superb from the outside. He's untied a fan base and seems to have the entire club pulling as one. Whoever comes in after GJ unless it all goes horribly wrong before then is going to have a massive massive challenge.

I will look at every signing he makes from a positive point of view. And that says alot. I will justify what he does because of the results he gets even if i tend to disagree with it. Because for the first time in my city supporting career, i believe the manager knows more than me. and we all like to think we know best, GJ proves he knows best so we can damn well enjoy it.

Well said that man.

Well said Redhyde, couldn't have put it any better myself. Top post!

Interesting to see how many paople have abstained from adding to this thread.

Perhaps it's because we know our opinions, at the end of the day, count for jack.

We're interested bystanders who pay to watch an event. Professionals make the decisions and play the game and know infinitely more than we do.

There are those who say they are more important because they have supported the team since year dot, and managers and players come and go but they stay. Perhaps that's got an element of truth - the team needs a core support, but it doesn't mean they know more. I've been reading books for years, but it doesn't mean I could write one.

So we can postulate, and get angry over substitutions, formations and signings but at the end of the day we are just observers looking in and we'll never know or understand the complete picture.

So rather than getting frustrated over things we don't know or taking it as an affront to our egos that the qualified manager doesn't do what we expect, perhaps we should just realise what we are and just enjoy the ride?

Just my perspective. Take a look at Ashtonyate - best football for years and he's still not happy.

Perhaps it's because we know our opinions, at the end of the day, count for jack.

We're interested bystanders who pay to watch an event. Professionals make the decisions and play the game and know infinitely more than we do.

There are those who say they are more important because they have supported the team since year dot, and managers and players come and go but they stay. Perhaps that's got an element of truth - the team needs a core support, but it doesn't mean they know more. I've been reading books for years, but it doesn't mean I could write one.

So we can postulate, and get angry over substitutions, formations and signings but at the end of the day we are just observers looking in and we'll never know or understand the complete picture.

So rather than getting frustrated over things we don't know or taking it as an affront to our egos that the qualified manager doesn't do what we expect, perhaps we should just realise what we are and just enjoy the ride?

Just my perspective. Take a look at Ashtonyate - best football for years and he's still not happy.

I agree, although it's obvious there are people that don't trust GJ, I just wish they would be open enough to let us know why. Or perhaps their ego's are too big to eben know.

Interesting to see how many paople have abstained from adding to this thread.

Maybe because it's a rhetorical question. Every City fan trusts in GJ, of that there is no doubt.

The job he's done is nothing short of remarkable. He gets the best out of average players and the team spirit he's fostered is second to none anywhere in the country right now.

I don't think he'll leave anytime soon either. As long as SL keeps backing him with patience and finance then I reckon he'll be a happy man. Obviously he has ambition but he's no spring chicken either so I'm hoping he'll be at the helm for some time yet and BCFC can help realise his ambitions.

Archived