IGNORED

Qpr

Hicksy-BCFC

We're now coming up against one of those sides that I just have an irrational dislike for.

It's one of those times when you can't really put your finger on something specific but lots of little annoying things all come together and I cannot stand QPR.

Strange eh? I think its the case for quite a few of us as well, chatting to people in pubs around the ground.

We all dislike/hate Rovers and Cardiff (in differing order dependant on your view), struggle to dislike Yeovil despite them "hating" us and now a Holloway-less Plymouth are not as bad.

However there are some clubs people just dislike that have no geographical link to Bristol or major rivalry. For a mate of mine it's Sheffield United, based on a bit of bother where he got punched in the head as a young kid in that infamous visit of theirs years ago and also the fact they had Warnock for years.

For me its QPR.

Shite ground, incredibly annoying fans (who made it worse for me sitting behind me in the Williams 1st day of the season), now they're going to try and buy their way to the top. Horrible gas links as well, combined with that arrogant London attitude despite the fact they've done **** all in recent years.

Plus they were very very annoying in our failed promo year 3 years ago.

So all in all, I'm going on the weekend and I hope we wipe the floor with them. It'll make my season.

Oh, I also live in Wimbledon which makes this my closest away game.

I'm sure most on here don't hate QPR but dislike someone non-Bristol/local as well in our league.

We're now coming up against one of those sides that I just have an irrational dislike for.

It's one of those times when you can't really put your finger on something specific but lots of little annoying things all come together and I cannot stand QPR.

Strange eh? I think its the case for quite a few of us as well, chatting to people in pubs around the ground.

We all dislike/hate Rovers and Cardiff (in differing order dependant on your view), struggle to dislike Yeovil despite them "hating" us and now a Holloway-less Plymouth are not as bad.

However there are some clubs people just dislike that have no geographical link to Bristol or major rivalry. For a mate of mine it's Sheffield United, based on a bit of bother where he got punched in the head as a young kid in that infamous visit of theirs years ago and also the fact they had Warnock for years.

For me its QPR.

Shite ground, incredibly annoying fans (who made it worse for me sitting behind me in the Williams 1st day of the season), now they're going to try and buy their way to the top. Horrible gas links as well, combined with that arrogant London attitude despite the fact they've done **** all in recent years.

Plus they were very very annoying in our failed promo year 3 years ago.

So all in all, I'm going on the weekend and I hope we wipe the floor with them. It'll make my season.

Oh, I also live in Wimbledon which makes this my closest away game.

I'm sure most on here don't hate QPR but dislike someone non-Bristol/local as well in our league.

As i always, i tend to agree with your posts!

I to dislike QPR and it stems from our trip up there in 1998 and is further fuelled by our promotion battles over the following years.

I also have very little respect for them. You can drink in whihc ever pub you please all day and not hear a peep out of any QPR fan, get inside the ground and they act like their Millwall! Get outside the ground afterwards and again, nothing.

I hate QPR.

most City fans hate QPR but this one passed me by. Despite their 98th minute equaliser against us in our 2nd game of the 98-99 season (still blame that goal for our relegation!) and our promotion tussle in 2004 I've never really hated them. I never really had the whole hatred of Holloway thing either.

BUT now things have changed. I can't stand the thought that yet another nothing club who should be battling relegation this season and was going bust (and still could start next season in the 3rd tier) will probably be top 5 or 6 of the Premiership within a few years.

Their backers not only have a stupid stupid amount of money but they're sports people as well, competitive and proud- and I don't think they'll do Hamman and pull their money out with a job half done. Horrible feeling they'll be really huge.

I want the top 4 of the Prem challenged but not by a Pompey or QPR- I'd rather Spurs, Villa even Newcastle who I dislike. Or even if Liverpool actually won a title!

While Fulham, Wigan, Reading etc have never really established themselves as a top-half side- Pompey are doing a good job so far and with QPR they don't just have money like Fulham and Wigan but super super bucks like Chelsea (Mittal is worth around £20BN alone!). I would love to see them go down, if nothing else just to slow their progress.

most City fans hate QPR but this one passed me by. Despite their 98th minute equaliser against us in our 2nd game of the 98-99 season (still blame that goal for our relegation!) and our promotion tussle in 2004 I've never really hated them. I never really had the whole hatred of Holloway thing either.

BUT now things have changed. I can't stand the thought that yet another nothing club who should be battling relegation this season and was going bust (and still could start next season in the 3rd tier) will probably be top 5 or 6 of the Premiership within a few years.

Their backers not only have a stupid stupid amount of money but they're sports people as well, competitive and proud- and I don't think they'll do Hamman and pull their money out with a job half done. Horrible feeling they'll be really huge.

I want the top 4 of the Prem challenged but not by a Pompey or QPR- I'd rather Spurs, Villa even Newcastle who I dislike. Or even if Liverpool actually won a title!

While Fulham, Wigan, Reading etc have never really established themselves as a top-half side- Pompey are doing a good job so far and with QPR they don't just have money like Fulham and Wigan but super super bucks like Chelsea (Mittal is worth around £20BN alone!). I would love to see them go down, if nothing else just to slow their progress.

I'm not sure if they can be really huge and compete with the likes of Arsenal, Chelski, Liverppol and Man U as they just don't have the fan base.

I could see them doing Blackburn though.

I cant stand Newcastle! Purely because the club, the fans and the press think they are owed silverware.

I just don't understand the clamour for Keegan...No tactical awareness and liable to go loopy tunes at any point!

..and to make it even more hilarious, they also bring in Dennis Wise!!!

Talk about how to ruin a football club!

I'm not sure if they can be really huge and compete with the likes of Arsenal, Chelski, Liverppol and Man U as they just don't have the fan base.

I could see them doing Blackburn though.

It all depends on how badly those 3 owners want success. But if they put loads in then I can see them being 5th ish and perhaps with a good season or two could do even better.

The team I still love to see lose is Chelsea. All stems from the match we won in the FA cup. Their fans were a complete bunch of bastards.

As for the prem, I would love to see Man City win it. Just to shut all of my Man U supporting friends up. I have followed Man City's results as my "premiership" club for years......hopefully I will have to take another look at the situation come season end.

Never really felt anything either way for them, until they got promoted and we missed out, the constant gloating for near on a year on rivals from themselves and the Janners got right up my nose, Ok we all gloat from time to time, but they just wouldn't let it go.

Would love to do them over and hopefully see them drop down, can hear the songs eminating from league 1 grounds " billionairs your having a laugh" :fingerscrossed:

I cant stand Newcastle! Purely because the club, the fans and the press think they are owed silverware.

Don't get me started!

I cannot stand Newcastle and the hyperbole they create about being a big club.

As for 'deserving silverware', what?

I'd love to play them in the league, beating them would give me such satisfaction!

The one thing that really bugged me about QPR was then they came to Ashton Gate in that vital promotion encounter in 2004.

They were mouthing off for weeks before that match on our messageboards, claiming how they were going to hammer us, how they were going to take over our home ends, and how we were going to blow it etc etc. They basically acted like a complete bunch of tards..

Then after we beat them 1-0, they went home and started crying about what a hostile reception they got.

Absolutely laughable. If you cant take a bit of hostility, then don't go stirring up trouble in the first place!!

The one thing that really bugged me about QPR was then they came to Ashton Gate in that vital promotion encounter in 2004.

They were mouthing off for weeks before that match on our messageboards, claiming how they were going to hammer us, how they were going to take over our home ends, and how we were going to blow it etc etc. They basically acted like a complete bunch of tards..

Then after we beat them 1-0, they went home and started crying about what a hostile reception they got.

Absolutely laughable. If you cant take a bit of hostility, then don't go stirring up trouble in the first place!!

That game was electric, but the fact holloway was there manager made it a huge game. I was very disappointed this season when holloway visited us with leicester, i was expecting a very similar reception for him, but for some reason it never happened.

Never had a problem with newcastle, never crossed paths with them. QPR however have occasionally popped up and just done my nut in! The sag connection is really the main protagonidt but the near promotion season there were some of the cheeky beggars put some massive bedsheet on a bridge right by me on the motorway pretty much mouthing off when we played barnsley on a sunday. That secured my dislike for them for at least another decade or two.

Archived