IGNORED

Betsy Gone

giles_23_bcfc

Can you explain why it would be so good for Willo to leave?

Because I don't think he is good enough for this level. He wasnt exactly our best player in the second half of last season either. It frees up the wage bill aswell. Only my opinion like.

I don't think wilson is up to it much, just one of those players you chuck in if you don't have anything else to do. I don't think he will ever be a 1st team regular.

Pretty much the same as my reasons.

Your not very bright are you?

What's that got to do with me hoping Wilson goes? Bit of a poor post on your part.

Personally I think that on the odd occasion that BW has got in the team this season he's done a good job. Your remark sounds personal, has BW run over your cat or something?

Fair enough. But i don't share your opinion in that. The 2 games he played at the turn of the year, Coventry and Boro, he was named as the left winger, but he was constantly either in the middle, up front, or on the right. At one point, i forget which of the 2 games it was, he was on the centre spot, with McCallister about 10-20 yards behind him out on the touchline, where he (McCallister) shouldve been.

I don't think Betsy was ever give a chance i don't know why we bought him in the first place if he was discarded so quickly

It seems obvious that one of GJ's ploys is to buy players to help the team do enough to get over the promotion line, a bit like the Adebola purchase. I think that should help you understand why we bought KB.

Fair enough. But i don't share your opinion in that. The 2 games he played at the turn of the year, Coventry and Boro, he was named as the left winger, but he was constantly either in the middle, up front, or on the right. At one point, i forget which of the 2 games it was, he was on the centre spot, with McCallister about 10-20 yards behind him out on the touchline, where he (McCallister) shouldve been.

Probably because Wilson isn't a left winger. He did well on the right wing at the start of the season, scored a cracker to win us the game against Sheff Wed and is a very solid/dependable squad member to have.

I think that in the professional game (and probably the amateur) players are allowed/required to move around the pitch to enable them to make space/be harder to mark etc etc. Standing in one place or running along in straight lines all the time is definitely not required. Please bare that in mind when watching the game in future as it'll enhance your enjoyment.

Probably because Wilson isn't a left winger. He did well on the right wing at the start of the season, scored a cracker to win us the game against Sheff Wed and is a very solid/dependable squad member to have.

But that shouldnt matter with positioning. If he has played on the right wing most of his career, then the only trouble he should have with palying on the left, is getting onto his right foot if he cant cross with his left. A winger should always have that positional sense.

I think that in the professional game (and probably the amateur) players are allowed/required to move around the pitch to enable them to make space/be harder to mark etc etc. Standing in one place or running along in straight lines all the time is definitely not required. Please bare that in mind when watching the game in future as it'll enhance your enjoyment.

I understand that, but when i saw him, he was standing on/near the centre spot, hardly moving. I understand the game and various different positions probably as much as you do. I also understand that every single player is under individual instructions from GJ, but I'm pretty sure that GJ wouldnt want a winger standing in the middle of the pitch not moving.

But that shouldnt matter with positioning. If he has played on the right wing most of his career, then the only trouble he should have with palying on the left, is getting onto his right foot if he cant cross with his left. A winger should always have that positional sense.

If your not comfortable on the left wing I'd have thought it was natural to drift towards the centre. I suspect Carey wouldn't make a great left winger but no-one's suggesting getting rid of him because of it!

Wilson is our 2nd choice right winger and arguably our 2nd choice right back, so I don't want to see him leave. With Betsy gone and Murray past it, we need an adaptable player like Wilson as cover.

When you say 'standing', you seem to suggest he was hanging about for ten minutes or something, is this correct?

Now your putting words in my mouth, so to speak. No this isnt correct. If you re-read my psot, you willsee that i said that "when i looked at hime, he was standing in the middle of the pitch", not hanging around for 10 minutes like he was waiting for a bus.

Because he is not a left winger! I like Wilson he has done well on the right when needed there was no need for the dig but you couldnt resist well done your really something behind the keyboard.

As for Betsy I was against signing him from the start BUT although I don't think he is good enough for our league or for a team going for promotion last season he is a great guy I thought he was a bit of a "Lita" before he joined for some reason and I will miss him on Radio Bristol

Now your putting words in my mouth, so to speak. No this isnt correct. If you re-read my psot, you willsee that i said that "when i looked at hime, he was standing in the middle of the pitch", not hanging around for 10 minutes like he was waiting for a bus.

What's wrong with standing in the middle of the pitch? Are you unhappy that he wasn't running, or that he was in the middle of the pitch. As you've previously stated you understand the concept of players moving around the pitch so that they find space/are harder to mark etc so why shouldn't he be in the middle of the pitch at some point? I've never typed the word 'pitch' in one post so many times before.

Because he is not a left winger! I like Wilson he has done well on the right when needed there was no need for the dig but you couldnt resist well done your really something behind the keyboard.

Read my posts again! If he is a right winger, he should have the positional, and tactical awareness needed to play on the left wing! Where was the dig? It was my opinion which i thought i was entitled to, like everyobdy else. I questioned his positiong in them games, nothing else. He is a decent League 1 player, but i don't think he is Championship standard.

Archived