IGNORED

Beckham Dropped For England

bh_red

I'm sure he will get his 100th cap later in the year. Been a good servant and certainly deserves it, but seeing as he hasn't played a game since November its no real surprise to see him left out this time around.

Think about it though the next game is against France in March he would of played a few pre-season games for LA Galaxy thats it, if he aint match fit now he aint going to be then either lets be honest!! this is just a stunt by Capello to say something. Thing is though what does Beckham expect when you go to the US. The standard of football over there aint a patch compared to the prem or championship for that matter.

Beckham deserves his 100th only because of his duty for England over the past decade might aswell give it to him now at home in front of 90,000 fans rather than a short 15minuite stint against France. Seems pretty pointless to me.

Think about it though the next game is against France in March he would of played a few pre-season games for LA Galaxy thats it, if he aint match fit now he aint going to be then either lets be honest!! this is just a stunt by Capello to say something. Thing is though what does Beckham expect when you go to the US. The standard of football over there aint a patch compared to the prem or championship for that matter.

Beckham deserves his 100th only because of his duty for England over the past decade might aswell give it to him now at home in front of 90,000 fans rather than a short 15minuite stint against France. Seems pretty pointless to me.

Its an entirely sensible thing for Capello to do and it may well be that Beckham will not get his 100th until the summer friendlies, if at all. As you rightly say he wont have played much in the way of competitive games by the time of the French game. Its his own fault for making a daft move to the States too early in his career.

If he'd been honest about his fitness for two major tournaments he's be on about 86 caps and we wouldn't be making such a fuss. I want the England shirt to be earned, not given away. Does Beckham deserve his 100th cap? Only if he plays well enough for his club team. And that's the way it has to be.

Capello will pick the best side for England, because that's the side that's best for him. And yes it will include Beckham if he's good enough.

Archived