IGNORED

Is Gj Being Harsh On Enoch

NailseaRed

If the rumours are true about Enoch being pushed off to train with the youth team, is it just me or does this seem very harsh on someone who wants to play for this club and is willing to work his butt off to get into the side consistently?

I thought he was pretty decent when he got back into the side a while back and now for showing a bit of loyalty he's been punished and may never play for us again! Reckon we'll ever see Enoch in a City shirt again?

He does seem to be being pushed aside. GJ comment of 'i think it would be a good move for him' says it all, you aint going to play here mate.

Adebola is a direct replacement fo Enoch. GJ obviously thing he is better, and who am i to argue. Certainly got more championship experience thats for sure.

If the rumours are true about Enoch being pushed off to train with the youth team, is it just me or does this seem very harsh on someone who wants to play for this club and is willing to work his butt off to get into the side consistently?

I thought he was pretty decent when he got back into the side a while back and now for showing a bit of loyalty he's been punished and may never play for us again! Reckon we'll ever see Enoch in a City shirt again?

I have to be honest i do agree with you there, i think it is abit harsh on Enoch he has always been loyal and always committed to the cause. Honestly i can't see him playing for the club at first team level again which i think is very disappointing. We don't know if anything has happened behind the scene's but Enoch has always seemed a genuine nice bloke. If this is true he should at very least be training with the reserves.

Source is Headley Red on here...

"It also shows how far away SB is and after GJ ranting at Enoch when he turned up for training on Friday and sent off to train with the youth team (Yes this is true, loads of what "the ######K are you doing here and not in Leeds....You can ###### off and go play in the reserves"....Source......overheard CS telling people on Sat. "

Hence only said it as a rumour, but he wasn't in the squad on Saturday so rumours might not be too far wrong. Just seems weird that club loyalty, such a rare thing in football these days, gets punished!

I have to be honest i do agree with you there, i think it is abit harsh on Enoch he has always been loyal and always committed to the cause. Honestly i can't see him playing for the club at first team level again which i think is very disappointing. We don't know if anything has happened behind the scene's but Enoch has always seemed a genuine nice bloke. If this is true he should at very least be training with the reserves.

You're right we don't know what has happened behind the scenes. I personally feel it very harsh whats happening to him. Going back 5 or 6 league games he was running his oscks off. As usual GJ rotated and Trundle and Byfield came back in - which was expected - but I don't see what Enoch has done to not be getting his chance again now.

I must admit its the one side of GJ I don't like - ok he has a job to do - but he never speaks about it - what happened with Phillips or Stewart. We have guessed at why Keogh isn't getting a look in - why he said Jevo would get a chance but never - along with Betsy and Russell - he just seems to make his mind up on someone if they cross him and woe betide you if you do - cause there is only 1 outcome.

Is Enoch's contract up at the end of the summer?

If so, he could be showing loyalty in wanting to playing in the championship/premiership and earn a deal.

OR, he could want a better contract from somewhere else when he moves on a fee....

I like Enoch when its on the deck, but fact is he is not better than Trundle or Byfield in that role, and he is an absolutely appaling target man. He never wins any headers, so even though he has filled that role admirably over the past 18 months - he is just not that type of player.

Good player, too far down the pecking order for me now - especially if Brooks finds some form.

Who knows exactly what goes on behind close doors. As long as the results keep on coming I really don't care.

I get the impression that Johnson can be pretty hard on players who cross him, so I guess the lesson here is not to fall out with him. If it caused an adverse effect we'd see it in the results and they've been pretty good so far.

Guest ashtonyate
You're right we don't know what has happened behind the scenes. I personally feel it very harsh whats happening to him. Going back 5 or 6 league games he was running his oscks off. As usual GJ rotated and Trundle and Byfield came back in - which was expected - but I don't see what Enoch has done to not be getting his chance again now.

I must admit its the one side of GJ I don't like - ok he has a job to do - but he never speaks about it - what happened with Phillips or Stewart. We have guessed at why Keogh isn't getting a look in - why he said Jevo would get a chance but never - along with Betsy and Russell - he just seems to make his mind up on someone if they cross him and woe betide you if you do - cause there is only 1 outcome.

As Stewart found out you don't mess with Johnson i just wonder what the rest of the squad think about it cannot be good for team morel's to see a team mate being treated like that for looking out for his self

if its true???

Just seems weird that club loyalty, such a rare thing in football these days, gets punished!

Don't think club loyalty has anything to do with it. Enoch will be a free agent at the end of the season, meaning a nice signing on fee and good wages and nothing for BCFC.

@ Matt BCFC

Same deal with Alex Ferguson, don't cross him either or your out ala Beckham, Van Nistelrooy etc. Man Utd of the south west we are!!!

I think your right - lets hope we continue to improve to their level...;-)

As for Enoch - didnt see him kicking a ball at GJ's arse - would have been trying extra hard to knock him into the middle of next week I bet...!!!

As Stewart found out you don't mess with Johnson i just wonder what the rest of the squad think about it cannot be good for team morel's to see a team mate being treated like that for looking out for his self

if its true???

Don't think its a major problem TBH. GJ seems to have a pretty decent relationship with most of the team and they clearly want to play for him. I like Enoch, but after he fell out with GJ last year it took a while for him to get back in his good books and I'd be surprised if a manager like GJ was the type to give you more than one chance. But, that's his call and his record speacks for itself in my eyes.

I saw the rumour from Headley Red about the conversation he heard Colin Sextone having. And he/she posted it in a fit of pique because they don't rate Dele Adebola. I am starting to see where Gary Johnson is coming from regarding some of the antics on this forum.

I saw the rumour from Headley Red about the conversation he heard Colin Sextone having. And he/she posted it in a fit of pique because they don't rate Dele Adebola. I am starting to see where Gary Johnson is coming from regarding some of the antics on this forum.

Up til now I have fully backed GJ, but this link to Dele shows that he scores approx. 1 goal every 5 games. Is that really such a high stat to bring in another player . looks like we have a herd of underacieving strikers... http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=28

Up til now I have fully backed GJ, but this link to Dele shows that he scores approx. 1 goal every 5 games. Is that really such a high stat to bring in another player . looks like we have a herd of underacieving strikers... http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=28

Come to think about it you must be right and I must have it all wrong. Let's just ignore the fact that Adebola is a target man brought in to get more from our other mis-firing forwards and also link up with our more attacking midfield players like Carle, McIndoe, Sproule and Johnson. Lets forget our current league position and potential to push on this season. Lets ignore the fact that we are the most over-achieving team in English football this season based upon expectations at the start of the season and lets, instead, ridicule the manager. Because, after all, every single one of us on this forum knows far better than that useless, non-achieving, incompetent, no-nothing toe-rag, don't we?????

Instead of getting behind the lads when we could be on the verge of our biggest achievement for 32 years, lets peddle playground style rumours of training ground arguments on internet forums designed to undermine our useless manager. With a bit of luck he may even resign by the end of the week. That'll f00k1ng sort things right out, won't it?????

I'll tell you what, we have a minority of the VERY WORST "supporters" in the country following us and they all seem to appear on this f00k1ng forum every day of the week!!

Come to think about it you must be right and I must have it all wrong. Let's just ignore the fact that Adebola is a target man brought in to get more from our other mis-firing forwards and also link up with our more attacking midfield players like Carle, McIndoe, Sproule and Johnson. Lets forget our current league position and potential to push on this season. Lets ignore the fact that we are the most over-achieving team in English football this season based upon expectations at the start of the season and lets, instead, ridicule the manager. Because, after all, every single one of us on this forum knows far better than that useless, non-achieving, incompetent, no-nothing toe-rag, don't we?????

Instead of getting behind the lads when we could be on the verge of our biggest achievement for 32 years, lets peddle playground style rumours of training ground arguments on internet forums designed to undermine our useless manager. With a bit of luck he may even resign by the end of the week. That'll f00k1ng sort things right out, won't it?????

I'll tell you what, we have a minority of the VERY WORST "supporters" in the country following us and they all seem to appear on this f00k1ng forum every day of the week!!

Couldn't agree more with that last sentence.

[instead of getting behind the lads when we could be on the verge of our biggest achievement for 32 years, lets peddle playground style rumours of training ground arguments on internet forums designed to undermine our useless manager. With a bit of luck he may even resign by the end of the week. That'll f00k1ng sort things right out, won't it?????

Great comment.... some people forget that we are in a position in the league tlhat most of us thought wasn't possibe. Johnson is a clever manager ensuring that most of the pro's are playing regularly... i.e if you come in and do well you retain the shirt for the following week. For me personally this has been a fanastic season and hopefully can only get better come May

Couldn't agree more with that last sentence.

their are pages of debates about the fact that are strikers are 'not good enough', pages of mass hysteria about having to make a new signing, then when we do make a good addition to the squad people complain about the fact that the strikers who they have been slagging off are being treated badly??

He does seem to be being pushed aside. GJ comment of 'i think it would be a good move for him' says it all, you aint going to play here mate.

Adebola is a direct replacement fo Enoch. GJ obviously thing he is better, and who am i to argue. Certainly got more championship experience thats for sure.

Adebola is definitely a better all round striker than Enoch whose touch, movement and heading ability are suspect. There's no sentiment in football and whilst Enoch may be a trier he lacks class. GJ and most informed supporters know this.

Superb post, totally agree.

What miserable lives some of our fans must have. You quite rightly say, we have a few of the worst most depressing supporters in the country, nothing is ever good enough for them, what sad, bitter people they are.

Who cares ?

I remember the night we beat Coventry in the cup reply at their place a year. After Jevons went off injured, Showman and Brooker were almost unplayable that night and Enoch scored a fine header.

If he could produce that level of perfromance week in week out we wouldnt need to bring in any strikers just now. Unfortunately, it's no good looking like a brick 5h1thouse but playing like a pussy muh of the time - I can't believe a guy that big can get puched off the ball so easily and fails to win many headers. he's a hardworking player who always tries his best but I think he lacks the edge needed at this level. Adebola just has a bit of experience that could make a difference in the coming weeks.

Enoch seems a decent bloke and I wish him the best at Wednesday, especially against our promotion rivals.

Guest red ken 2

Well said, it's a pity some of the posters on here even take any notice of the total curd spouted by so many ill informed individials.

Archived