IGNORED

The Other Half

Guest greatwhite

Guest greatwhite

told the missus I'm off to swindon on sat around 9 ish(from weston)

to which she replied "its only just over an hour away - why so early??"

told her it was a bloke thing and she would never understand

Does any of your other halfs ever complain or do they understand the

footy situation

when she asked about the marigold i didnt even go there!!!!

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Mine couldn't understand the need to be in the weatherspoons for 11????????

How clueless. She also wanted to..............Wait for it..............

Make sandwiches :unsure:

Guest smirnoffred

Yep,

Mine too commented, saying: Why do your tickets say you will be getting to swindon at 11:50, surely the game doesnt start till three!

All i could say was you need to get there early just in case the train is delayed,

Hook, line and sinker

Bye bye :Wave: :Party12:

I've often thought how lucky people must be when there other half is as much of a City fanatic as we are, Imagine the scenario.

Wife: I'm thinking of going to Hartlepool this Saturday to watch the reds.

Husband: Good idea, I'll check the train times. :unsure:

END OF CONVERSATION

Instead of this usual one for me.

Me: I was thinking about going to Hartlepool to watch football this Saturday. :dunno:

Wife: What am I going to be doing then? :@

Why do you want to go all the way up there to watch a game of football? :@

How much is that going to cost? :@

I wanted to go shopping for curtains this weekend. :@

My mum has invited us around for lunch. :@

They will probably lose any way. :@

What a waste of money. :@

If you go to that one, I want some money for clothes shopping. :@

:D

Mine couldn't understand the need to be in the weatherspoons for 11????????

How clueless. She also wanted to..............Wait for it..............

Make sandwiches :unsure:

Are you going to tell her we are off to the County Ground and not MacArthur Glen before or after you get on the bus?

Please wait until I get on as I'm sure her face will be a picture (as of course it always is).

My other half is Welsh and always used to be more interested in rugby than football. Since we got together I have gently introduced him to the joys of football and Bristol City (me being the complete fanatic)!

Now we are both season ticket holders and he only needs a little gentle persuasion to travel all over the country to watch City play.

So the conversations are made simple really - we both want to go and both want a couple of drinks before hand :unsure:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Ah thats the thing, she does come to City sometimes, but doesn't understand the pre match pub ritual or need to attend away games - I think I'm speaking for most fellas when I say this is a common problem

Guest Rikku

It's not just a woman thing - my boyfriend actually said to me the other day "you care about bristol city way more than you care about me!!" and he complained when I insisted that he was coming to Luton with me (I even told him I'd pay)!! The stupid thing is...he supports city too!! (he just thinks I'm a tad obsessive!!) Ah well!

Is it just me who has this problem where their wife/husband etc don't have the slightest interest in football, if I had my time again I would have hooked up with the first female/animal/mineral in a city shirt, life would be so much simpler.

Only joking mrs Screech. :unsure:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

In some ways ways I'm glad my wench isn't a massive football fan. I'd have to put up with her on long away trips then :unsure:

In some ways ways I'm glad my wench isn't a massive football fan.  I'd have to put up with her on long away trips then  :unsure:
Not if you have a motorbike, set off before her nad arrange to meet up when the CATS coaches arrive just before kick off.

Sorted. :D:dunno:

I was multi tasking the other night, beer in one hand with the remote contol in the other, and giving out orders to the wife to cook me some dinner.
Constuctive or perhaps worthwhile multi tasking.... :dunno:

And dont say "Well it was constructive cos she poured me another beer and got my dinner bought to me" :unsure:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

YEah women can multi task...........

........Watch neighbours (or day time TV) while doing the Ironing

Oh lets not forget the best one - Chatting to mates in a club while STILL noticing every girl their boyfriend looks as.

I'm glad my missus doesnt like football. We've been together nearly a year and a half and before we started dated i made it plainly obvious that football always came first!!!! It still does as well :unsure: !

Anyway, i like football to be my own space and time. to do what i want. to call the ref what i want and not have some annoying noise to say: "its not his fault your losing" etc etc.

Took one ex to a game v Chesterfield and we won 3-0 but never again!

BRR

Is it just me who has this problem where their wife/husband etc don't have the slightest interest in football, if I had my time again I would have hooked up with the first female/animal/mineral in a city shirt, life would be so much simpler.

Only joking mrs Screech. :dunno:

I thought mine didn't have the slightest interest in football - then she admitted to being "nervous" towards the end of the QPR match on Saturday.

She's been to about 15 games now in the 5 years we've been together and always seemed to have much more interest in the crowd rather than the football (who can blame her with the football from City sometimes :D )

She's become quite tolerant of the (sometimes terrible) language that comes out of my mouth at football.

Thing is, she has got it into her head that if she comes along to a match, it equals one trip to the shops with me in tow. I tell her she doesn't have to come to the game.... :unsure:

Well I for one am delighted my missus hasn't got a clue about footie, but this has led to one problem.

I have been accused of "corrupting" our 21 month old son by encouraging him to support the mighty BCFC!!!

Can you believe it! Corruption! I replied its his god given right to support who ever he wants......... as long as they play in red and white and have the words bristol and city in their name!

Archived