IGNORED

Enoch

Guest DanC

We got promoted and to joint top of the Championship without him. Sell him on.

Brooker 05/06 THIS CLUBS TOP SCORER 16GOALS reward according to you sell him on, without a chance to shine :disapointed2se:

I think you are making far too much of it personally.

Enoch is using the club for his own ends - absolutely no doubt about that at all. He is putting his short term future first. I think, as I say, GJ sorted out a very good deal for Enoch and he didn't show any respect to GJ, the club or Leeds in not even talking to them. You can look at it as GJ being snide if you like, but I think it's merely a case of you liking Enoch.

For what it's worth, I think he's a decent bloke but a very overrated footballer who feels every knock he gets (as GJ has alluded on more than one occasion), is utterly useless on too many occasions and I would have had him out much sooner. GJ has been very very patient with him and given him chance after chance. Snide, disrespectful ? I don't think so. Why not concentrate on the positives in all this anyway instead of mud slinging ?

I disagree, i really really didn't understand the reason to make them, or like the comments he made.

Why is it a good deal for Enoch if he doesn't want to go? That comment is bizarre. Enoch should respect GJ and go where he wants him to is basically what you're saying regardless of Enoch's opinion... The move suited BCFC, the move didn't suit Enoch. He's every right to turn it down. I bet he did speak to them if only to say i'm not interested in joining you. It'd be disrespectful to waste everyone's time to go up there when you have no desire to go.

I'm going to give an opinion on something where he's clearly erred IMO. That's not my definition of "mud slinging". If he'd said the same of anyone in the squad i'd be equally critical. You'll note my lack of criticism of his handling of Russell or Keogh or Brooker or Myrie Williams or Betsy or anyone else! The difference is he hasn't made any poor judged comments publicly about them.

This is a thread about Enoch and his loan move... so i'm voicing my opinion about it. It goes without saying the positives are we get rid of a player we don't want or need, the player gets a chance to earn a contract somewhere else and play games when his opportunities will be limited here.

I just think the way GJ has handled this publicly has been slack, lapse and poor. He's a great manager usually and i expect better.

We got promoted and to joint top of the Championship without him. Sell him on.

..you know, sometimes I think I prefer Sarah B's posts rather than most of yours, arrogant beyond belief far too often (btw this post probably ain't the best example of it) but whenever I see an Eamer post on a thread I'm always taking a deep breath & preparing to count to ten - :argh: - you come across as such a bloody smartass at times. Sorry Eamer, but I had to say it...

..you know, sometimes I think I prefer Sarah B's posts rather than most of yours, arrogant beyond belief far too often (btw this post probably ain't the best example of it) but whenever I see an Eamer post on a thread I'm always taking a deep breath & preparing to count to ten - :argh: - you come across as such a bloody smartass at times. Sorry Eamer, but I had to say it...

Some of his posts are like that i agree WH.

Brooker will no doubt get his chance, but more important he needs to get fully fit, which is he doing at Cheltenham, we can't afford to carry a semi-fit player with unproven ability at this level.

Cheltenham can afford to carry a VERY Good and proven league one player for their own gain, when he's fit and firing, then he comes back to us, but at the moment the best place for him is the pressure free enviroment of Cheltenham

shhhhh......don't tell anyone but he's Ashtonyate's grandson........obviously he won't admit it, but you will see that it explains everything....... :innocent06:

I don't Brooker will cut it either. And we can clearly be successful without him. GJ gave him a contract to play in the championship. But now the bar has been moved much higher. Can SB cut it in the Prem? Not for this topic really but god no he can't. Is he even doing anything at Cheltenham to show he can score goals in the championship?

Adebola's better at what we wanted Brooker for.

I don't Brooker will cut it either. And we can clearly be successful without him. GJ gave him a contract to play in the championship. But now the bar has been moved much higher. Can SB cut it in the Prem? Not for this topic really but god no he can't. Is he even doing anything at Cheltenham to show he can score goals in the championship?

Brooker hasn't been playing long and when he is fully fit and fireing he will score goals at cheltenhams level.

I think he could cut it at the top of the championship, he was, and still could be a great squad player for us and i don't want him to go anywhere. He is a great player at league one and i think he will be at this level too

Brooker 05/06 THIS CLUBS TOP SCORER 16GOALS reward according to you sell him on, without a chance to shine :disapointed2se:

So, Jevons scored 17 in a promotion campaign and look where he is now...

Finally someone who's head is in the right place.

Maybe naive but I still reckon Enoch was staying to get himself into the team. Oh well all in the past, he's not here anymore so onwards and upwards :) Might put a bet on Dele getting 20 goals from the rest of the season. only a few hours to go, one more striker please.

"Dele getting 20 goals"? "one more striker please"? Although I'm in fully support of the postive vibes towards 'Del Boy' I think you'd be better off not holding you breath for anymore; it's a long time till summer...

First reactions are wow , GJ really wants to get rid of him. However it's obvious City are doing this because there not going to offer enoch a new contract and so rather than being on the bench ( because of Dele arrival) get to show his stuff at another team who want him which lucky for him are a championship team.

Good luck to him he defotiantly helped us in last years promotion and thsi eyars I think too maybe not as some would like but still helped us. A bit disrespectful for starting against palace( or am I confused he played anyway?) and then get shot of him, a bit of a shock.

although all in all it's good that Gj is always trying to improve our squad we have another week or so for loan market yes? so I think GJ will find some gem from nowhere, or brooker but seems unlikely.

I don't buy any of the suspicion over Enoch's reasons for turning down Leeds or wanting to stay here and suggestions of him being frozen out of training are very depressing. In a great season the fall-out with Showunmi leaves one bad after-taste. It hasn't been handled with much class.

He was a great player down the stretch last season and people adopting the 'well he isn't good enough' attitude this year are being more than a little unfair. Maybe not, but he's earnt his chance this season and scored as many goals as Trundle from far more sporadic opportunity.

So if you're Enoch you're going to feel unfairly treated and have something to prove. Some have said he doesn't try but his bruising performance at Watford up against Shittu was probably the hardest working display from any of our strikers this season and in a big big match.

How would you feel if you were the one pushed to the exit after that, it's almost as if he's been setup as the fall guy for the Palace game, before that, the team % points return with him in the side was far far better than without and certainly better than the record for Trundle.

So you've got a guy who desperately wants to keep doing well for us and doesn't feel he has let anyone down in the way implied since Palace, yet is being treated as the outcast. I can see why he wouldn't just pack his bags and go to Leeds. The guy must have some pride after all.

Of course we're not as close to things as the manager but as far as you can judge someone on character I am convinced Enoch genuinely hoped (maybe futile) that he could stay at this club and have a future. I got the impression promotion with us meant a lot more than at Luton.

The guy is happy here and hats off to him. That doesn't mean he's owed a job for life but when you believe you've done enough to justify another chance I'm glad some footballers still stand up for their right to contribute to the club they're at. Summer moves lined up is just tabloid tattle.

It's contentious but personally speaking in six months at this level I think Trundle has been far more out of his depth than Showunmi and if that was the context for the pretty classless way he has been cast out since Palace, I too would be behaving in exactly the way Enoch has.

The only comments he made were that he thought it was a good deal for Enoch and that Enoch didn't speak to Leeds which upset them a little bit. Thats what I heard him say in his video interview when asked about it. Snide ? Disrespectful ? Obviously not.

""But we've also brought him here because we feel he's the type of player we haven't got. He's the club missing from our golf bag.

"We're missing that target-man type presence" What's that then if not disrespectful? It's disrespectful to Brooker too. He's right too, but it's disrespectful IMO

Because he would have had a 3 year contract If he didn't speak to them, how do you know it was three years?. Oh dear. Want to be consistent? First he's disrespectful and doesn't speak to them..then he's risky and turning down a guaranteed three year deal. Which is it? in the bag rather than potentially nothing at the end of this season. Enoch is playing brinkmanship with his career and using BCFC to do so. Risky for him, but potentially lucrative if it works.

The move suited all parties. No it didn't, it didn't suit Enoch, clearly. Wrong. Again. Of course he has every right - and I've said as much in previous posts, which you have decided to overlook.

Where did i say you didn't? ...

You make much of these "comments", but they really are nothing. You are making out that he has some sort of vendetta against Enoch.

No i not. I think he came out with some poor comments. I think he's frustrated that he couldn't move a player out permanently and free up squad and wage space. You're making too much out of what you think i think.

The truth is that GJ plucked him from obscurity, gave him countless chances and expended an abundance of patience on him. It finally ran out when even GJ had to admit that Enoch has gone as far as he can.

I agree completely. Although i believe like GJ that Enoch has the ability to, just hasn't done it.

Agreed. He could have chosen Leeds rather than a month at Sheffield, after which he probably won't get any games. Again, a risky strategy by Enoch.

It's less risky than signing for a club where the manager is about to go. Could've been stuck somewhere for "3 years" where he's not wanted, rather than 4 months.

I disagree, I think he's handled it as well as an exasperated manager could do.

He could have said we accepted a bid, he's turned it down, he's still part of the squad and will compete for his place like everyone else. That'd been more professional.

How is Enoch "using the club"? He's got a contract, he's entitled to stay and try to be part of the team. He did after all recently start away against the form team in the league, he had every reason to expect to play a part in the season. I don't see how refusing to move somewhere is using the club.

Archived