IGNORED

I Wonder How This All Really Works ?

Guest zider_head

Guest zider_head

I mean I have always wondered how these final transfer days work, a number of points raise questions for me :-

- Why do clubs leave it till the last day ?

- Are say Lansdown, Johnson and a few admin people sat in a office waiting for a call / fax / email right now ?

- Are all the players told to be contactable, say someone came in with a 8 million bid for Elliot etc ?

- How do agents work ? Must be silly season ?

Questions questions

I mean I have always wondered how these final transfer days work, a number of points raise questions for me :-

- Why do clubs leave it till the last day ?

in order to wait for the best offer. The summer is used to build the team, the transfer window in jan is merely to enhance.

- Are say Lansdown, Johnson and a few admin people sat in a office waiting for a call / fax / email right now ?

who knows who is sat where, but of course during the working hours, there is someone to deal with correspondence

- Are all the players told to be contactable, say someone came in with a 8 million bid for Elliot etc ?

they are employee's of the club. All players should always be contactable during reasonable hours. It is also unlikely, that the first correspondence that a club shall receive about a player is a firm offer. If the club has a player that has been subject to an enquiry, they can pretty much expect some sort of offer to come in at somepoint, and to make allowances for this.

- How do agents work ? Must be silly season ?

transfer deals only account for one aspect of an agent's work. Sponsership deals, contract renewals, PR, etc are all part of an agent's work. The agent should be working all the time to enhance their client's value and worth. The agent does not only promote a player during the transfer window, but constantly.

Questions questions

Just my opinions on the question

Archived