IGNORED

The Official They're Not Signing Thread.

screech

I think we are just about there now. so much for SL saying the cash will be spent, some where along the line we have messed this up. In this transfer window Ebanks Blake, Ishmael Miller, Andy Gray and Rowan Vine have all gone to our competitors, and they are all likely to be getting more goals than our lot. Just tonight, Paul Gallagher joined Stoke from Blackburn, who is a young quick goalscorer. GJ wanted Garner but at some stage they havent come up with the funds to do the deal? Why the hell not? We are joint top, and SL only sanctions a £250k 33 year old. This should be identical to when we sold Lita, a challenging league 1 team with a decent young striker going to a challenging championship team who eventually went up, but oh no.

It is clear from signing adebola that they don't think Brooker will have much of a role this season, so basically we have upgraded from enoch to adebola, and we still have trundle who has no pace and cant score, and byfield who is an impact player from the bench. Yet again when it comes to it, the club have failed to really go for it, and if we do manage to keep our position it will be inspite of strikers rather than because of them. I'm not saying we should blow 5 million, but if we cant compete for the names above given our league position then I would say there is a lack of ambition in the board, it aint as if we are going down and our income will be dropping.

I'm off for a kip now, perhaps when I wake up it will all be a mistake and news of some brilliant signing will be waiting for me.

I think we are just about there now. so much for SL saying the cash will be spent, some where along the line we have messed this up. In this transfer window Ebanks Blake, Ishmael Miller, Andy Gray and Rowan Vine have all gone to our competitors, and they are all likely to be getting more goals than our lot. Just tonight, Paul Gallagher joined Stoke from Blackburn, who is a young quick goalscorer. GJ wanted Garner but at some stage they havent come up with the funds to do the deal? Why the hell not? We are joint top, and SL only sanctions a £250k 33 year old. This should be identical to when we sold Lita, a challenging league 1 team with a decent young striker going to a challenging championship team who eventually went up, but oh no.

It is clear from signing adebola that they don't think Brooker will have much of a role this season, so basically we have upgraded from enoch to adebola, and we still have trundle who has no pace and cant score, and byfield who is an impact player from the bench. Yet again when it comes to it, the club have failed to really go for it, and if we do manage to keep our position it will be inspite of strikers rather than because of them. I'm not saying we should blow 5 million, but if we cant compete for the names above given our league position then I would say there is a lack of ambition in the board, it aint as if we are going down and our income will be dropping.

I'm off for a kip now, perhaps when I wake up it will all be a mistake and news of some brilliant signing will be waiting for me.

Such a good post, you posted it 3 times........not.

Come on guys, lets get behind the players, manger and the board. They've got us this far, and they'll take us further!! We're Red, load and proud so lets shout it out!! If we are going to get promoted we need everyone supporting the team and the club. I trust this lot, and I trust the decisions they make so I'm fully behind Gary and the boys.

I don't know why people are so keen to see us spend millions.

At the end of the day the squad have got us to second do I think its good enough to keep us there Maybe but I feel we could finish between 2nd and 10th. Fact is I thought the squad would struggle to stay in the league, shows how much we know really doesnt it!

Quit moaning I am fed up of people saying that we should be spending loads 250k yes did you moan when we signed Elliot for that?

I would rather have a solid player who will do a job for 250k than 2 million for someone that Might not make the step up.

Garner would have been nice but I would not like to see the club being held to ransom.

Well done Gary and thank you Steve L you are doing a great job and I cant wait till saturday YOU REDS.

I don't know why people are so keen to see us spend millions.

At the end of the day the squad have got us to second do I think its good enough to keep us there Maybe but I feel we could finish between 2nd and 10th. Fact is I thought the squad would struggle to stay in the league, shows how much we know really doesnt it!

Quit moaning I am fed up of people saying that we should be spending loads 250k yes did you moan when we signed Elliot for that?

YOU REDS.

Brilliant post!

If we get to the Prem then we will spend! We have got to where we are with the team we have got! Dele is a proper target man, something we needed. We could have done alot more damage than good with another signing.

Gary has brought us this far (and it is a long way), trust the bloke and

STOP BLOODY MOANING AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM!!!

Brilliant post!

If we get to the Prem then we will spend! We have got to where we are with the team we have got! Dele is a proper target man, something we needed. We could have done alot more damage than good with another signing.

Not if..... but WHEN we get in the prem :englandsmile4wf:

Brilliant post!

HERE BLOODY HERE :englandsmile4wf:

I read that garbage once, that was bad enough.. I didn't need to read it twice more!

Obviously everyone is allowed an opinion, but is there any need to slate the board for not splashing out the cash? when they quite clearly have already! Trundle, Sproule, Carle to name a few.. even the rumoured price we paid for Dele is more than what we bought anyone for in league one.

Fair enough we need a quick, young striker who scored 20 a season but there's still no need to panic.. No one expected us to be joint top of the championship going into february, I'm pretty sure most people would of been happy a place outside the relegation zone come the end of the season.

The lads have done tremendously well to get us where we are, and i for one am very grateful for all the hard work they've put in thus far. I'm also very happy with the current squad we have going into february.

If it's meant to be, it will be.

Jon.

Such a good post, you posted it 3 times........not.

Come on guys, lets get behind the players, manger and the board. They've got us this far, and they'll take us further!! We're Red, load and proud so lets shout it out!! If we are going to get promoted we need everyone supporting the team and the club. I trust this lot, and I trust the decisions they make so I'm fully behind Gary and the boys.

Yes come on , moaning , groaning , disagreement , thoughts of failure , complaining and pessimism have got to be left behind us just like the transfer window . Of course debate , but debate with the best interests of the players and club now with the big push demanding our loyalty and support more than ever this season .

Not all of us will agree that Dele is the best we could have picked up but he's ours and deserves our faith and support .

As was said last night good deal for both him and us and allows us to hold on to the cash for greater things further into the year .

Those names mentioned originally may well have done a job for us or then again might well have struggled . I thought Gray would have fitted in and done the business but we move on .

We are City , Johnson is our king .

Archived