IGNORED

50 Million Quid?

Guest MaloneFM

Guest MaloneFM

This 'promised land' cobblers we are going to wind up in according to some, this nirvana, this septic land set in a sea of bankruptcy. What will really happen to the money if?

Well the loot will probably be spent on trying to stay there. I can't see anyone gracefully just geting on with making relegation a less painful affair. So far every single team that has taken Mr Toads wild ride in the rarified atmosphere has spouted the same old rhetoric about 'you see this has always been a big club.'

No one has had the honesty to go 'bloody hell, what a fluke, Man United eh? Jesus, still it'll all be over by october when we still don't have any points'.

So the 50 mill, nice and big a number as it seems will go on the inflated wages of our newly cannonised big time charlies. More stewards. Maybe a few journeymen who may or may not be able to do a job, 'in goal for Bristol City number one BRAD FREIDEL' padded seats throughout the Dolman, the new 'Lansdown's' Michelin starred restaurant in the Williams and of course the giant jumbotorn screens at either end showing first half highlights and cartoons at half time.

Anyone that spots where sarcasm crept in a crapped in the middle of that last paragraph wins a MaloneFM t shirt.

Back page of the Evil Post 'gas COULD make half a mill on the tv cup game'. I love the word 'could' it means 'god knows'. Where would this new found riches be going? A new hat for the idiotic captain gas? New bottles of tomato sauce for the pasties?

Nope. Probably servicing the debt on the loan for the loan for the tent to stop the pitch rotting.

So as for the promised 50 mil. Don't start loading up the credit cards just yet.

This 'promised land' cobblers we are going to wind up in according to some, this nirvana, this septic land set in a sea of bankruptcy. What will really happen to the money if?

Well the loot will probably be spent on trying to stay there. I can't see anyone gracefully just geting on with making relegation a less painful affair. So far every single team that has taken Mr Toads wild ride in the rarified atmosphere has spouted the same old rhetoric about 'you see this has always been a big club.'

No one has had the honesty to go 'bloody hell, what a fluke, Man United eh? Jesus, still it'll all be over by october when we still don't have any points'.

So the 50 mill, nice and big a number as it seems will go on the inflated wages of our newly cannonised big time charlies. More stewards. Maybe a few journeymen who may or may not be able to do a job, 'in goal for Bristol City number one BRAD FREIDEL' padded seats throughout the Dolman, the new 'Lansdown's' Michelin starred restaurant in the Williams and of course the giant jumbotorn screens at either end showing first half highlights and cartoons at half time.

Anyone that spots where sarcasm crept in a crapped in the middle of that last paragraph wins a MaloneFM t shirt.

Back page of the Evil Post 'gas COULD make half a mill on the tv cup game'. I love the word 'could' it means 'god knows'. Where would this new found riches be going? A new hat for the idiotic captain gas? New bottles of tomato sauce for the pasties?

Nope. Probably servicing the debt on the loan for the loan for the tent to stop the pitch rotting.

So as for the promised 50 mil. Don't start loading up the credit cards just yet.

If we were promoted I'd expect us to have a reasonable go at staying up without pissing away all or even most of the cash and probably get relegated. I doubt very much our current £5m wage bill would suddenly explode to £20m or that we'd spend £20m on transfer fees. SteveL talks of doing a Reading, they stayed up without spending massively.

Watford also approached it the sensible way and came down with that money largely intact and their future is secure financially as a result, they're funding ground redevelopment with it and still look a reasonable bet for promotion this season.

Guest MaloneFM

Isn't that Twentystone? Why has he got asthma? Fat bastard!

Anyway.

Hopefully there will be sensible heads attached to all this similar to Watford and they will just go through the motions with the present squad, see what happens and if relelgation happens (stick money on it) we bank a few bob for another decent shout at it.

I agree that the Watford model is the right one to follow - including setting the right expectations for EVERYBODY and keeping faith in the manager.

I was surprised and disappointed that Derby dispatched Billy Davies so soon into the new season. Watching last year's playoff final it was obvious that WBA were the better team but Derby snatched a win and stole the prize of the Premiership place. Derby - thanks in no small part to Davies - had overreached and overachieved. The reward for his success was the bullet.

If - and is still almost unthinkable - we were to earn promotion then we would have to guard against a similar reaction. Over recent days on here, despite the success we're enjoying under GJ, some have found reason to criticise mercilessly. We'd need those guys to climb onboard, put up, shut up and enjoy the ride as we face the almost inevitable prospect of immediate relegation.

The SL/GJ partnership is a dream ticket for our club and we need to ensure it remains in place for many years to come. All aboard the showboat!

I agree that the Watford model is the right one to follow - including setting the right expectations for EVERYBODY and keeping faith in the manager.

I was surprised and disappointed that Derby dispatched Billy Davies so soon into the new season. Watching last year's playoff final it was obvious that WBA were the better team but Derby snatched a win and stole the prize of the Premiership place. Derby - thanks in no small part to Davies - had overreached and overachieved. The reward for his success was the bullet.

If - and is still almost unthinkable - we were to earn promotion then we would have to guard against a similar reaction. Over recent days on here, despite the success we're enjoying under GJ, some have found reason to criticise mercilessly. We'd need those guys to climb onboard, put up, shut up and enjoy the ride as we face the almost inevitable prospect of immediate relegation.

The SL/GJ partnership is a dream ticket for our club and we need to ensure it remains in place for many years to come. All aboard the showboat!

Hear Hear

that's the key behind it all, Lansdown totally cocked up appointing Tinnion, but prior to that he did have a very good working relationship with Danny Wilson, but after the Cardiff game, he felt cut backs was needed whereas Wilson wanted more money invested.

I think Johnson/Lansdown partnership is very good, because Lansdown fully trusts GJ!

I don't think we'd spend heavily on new players or "go through the motions" as if relegation is inevitable.

Gary Johnson would probably make 3 or 4 signings in the Summer, as you'd expect every year, and one would hope that they'd each improve the squad. Then they'd give it a bloody good go and see what happens.

I can't see a Gary Johnson side giving up and expecting relegation until it's absolutely nailed on.

on 'big league tonight, the expert that is Kamara, voiced his surprise and maybe disapointment that GJ hadn't spent heavily on players.

surmising that maybe GJ didn't have the funds available to spend.

The baggies made one signing i think, and that player was already on loan

teams that made 3 or 4 signings, may need a few weeks for them to settle in ........

we could be 6 points clear in 3 weeks :innocent06:

:englandsmile4wf:

If we were to achieve promotion then I wouldn't expect Steve L to sack Gary if we're in the same position as Derby, because the BCFC board have what they lacked (prior to this week's takeover) at Pride Park; stability.

There has been financial tuirmoil resulting in changes of chairmen, which put pressure on Davies and his predecessors. Not to mention the fact that Derby's two top-flight championship wins during the 1970's still produce a high level of expectation amongst Rams' supporters.

Archived