IGNORED

Amazing Consistency

Port Said Red

we're in credit

GJ is right to point out how consistent we have been

1st 10 = 17pts

2nd 10 = 17pts

So far we have 17 from the last 9, any points tomorrow would not only show consistency but a steady improvement. When you consider the poor November results it's really amazing how we are still running at the level he wants. It just goes to show how important it is to view the season as a whole rather than, short good or bad runs.

I hate to say it but, 2 wins from 9 away is shocking. Everytime we play i find myself thinking i wonder if we're losing yet, then checking the scores to see we are.

Still cant score? What is wrong, a team that was 2nd in teh table should not be playing this badly away from home.

I hate to say it but, 2 wins from 9 away is shocking. Everytime we play i find myself thinking i wonder if we're losing yet, then checking the scores to see we are.

Still cant score? What is wrong, a team that was 2nd in teh table should not be playing this badly away from home.

Wish we had Watford's Away form and Ipswich's Home Form

We'd be miles clear at the Top by now

Actually the team that is now 2nd have only won 6 at home and today recorded only their 2nd win at home since October. Thats shocking.

If we start playing our football again, I think the next few games are winnable.

Wednesday at home, looking at their forum it sounds like they're in real dire straights.

S****horpe away might have to look for a clean sheet and a draw, Colchester maybe the same but we should be looking to win with some flair football again.

Big picture

17 from 1st 10

17 from 2nd 10

17 from 3rd 10

10 from 4th 10...with 6 to go!

Surely we're set for at least a 20 point haul from the last block of 10?

That would be incredible form!!! 10 more points would see us on 71 pts with 6 games to go.

If we start playing our football again, I think the next few games are winnable.

Wednesday at home, looking at their forum it sounds like they're in real dire straights.

S****horpe away might have to look for a clean sheet and a draw, Colchester maybe the same but we should be looking to win with some flair football again.

And Saturdays lottery numbers will be...?

All the games left will test the character of the team even more than the season so far, and in order to maintain this consistency we are no doubt going to have to dig really deep to eke out results – as we have done already, but more so now perhaps because teams will be gunning for us.

The results we’ve been reeling off, and it’s been going like a metronome now since the start of the season – indicate that they have not been flukes.

The away games against teams in the top half of the table are where we have been weakest so far and it will prove a real test to keep up the momentum against them, in form teams like Stoke or Plymouth and the Hull game this Saturday. There simply aren’t an easy games in this division.

As for attaining 20 points from the 4th block of ten games, that would make it extremely difficult indeed for any team behind us (including Watford) to catch us.

Let’s get the Hull game out of the way first then reassess where we, and everyone else are then.

Only Watford have spent more time in the top 6 than us this season.

And Stelling sounded surprised when we 'went up' to 2nd last week...

And surely that’s testament to this current side that has developed an immense character under GJ as shown by their ability to snatch points in the dying seconds of games and the many battling performances both home and away. What GJ has done is prepare his sides well enough for them not to succumb, and we have become a difficult team to beat.

No matter how long I’ve watched City over the years I keep looking for THAT defining moment in the season, in every season, that indicates to me whether we are good enough to mount a challenge or achieve promotion or not. Has there been a defining performance yet? The last minute equaliser at home to Palace perhaps or the win at Watford , maybe the 2-0 reverse from the defeat by Ipswich or the last minute winner against Barnsley?

Guarding against complacency though is going to be one of the hardest tasks the team will have over the next 11 games that remain. And no matter what happens now this has been a tremendous season and one every City fan can be proud of.

What happoned today was special but it makes you wonder what it will be like should we lead vs Watford on the night of Tuesday 11th March under the lights. It could be once in a decade stuff.

I can't wait!!

Hopefully the team will still be on form after two games away. A win on either Tuesday or Saturday will make that night even more electric.

The consistency stretches back further than this season.

After 35 games last season we had 65 points. This season we have 64.

Our home record last season, at this stage read:

W 12 D 3 L 2

This season our home record this season is:

W 11 D 5 L 2

Our away record last season was:

W 7 D 5 L 6

Our away record this season is:

W 7 D 5 L 5

In 18 matches at home at half time we were losing once by full time we have secured 11 wins 5 draws and only 2 losses - only Ipswich has a better record than us and WBA have the same but with a much bigger goal difference.

In 17 matches away at half time we were winning only twice and drawing 11 times - from 17 away matches we have won 7 and drawn 5. Only Burnley and Watford have better away records over 17 matches - Palace and Charlton have played 1 away game more than us and lead us in the away stats by 1 draw.

After Tuesday's match will we be talking about our last block of ten and the number of points we need?

Archived