IGNORED

First Option On Gillespie?

Taz

Stephen Gillespie

Apparently Danny Wilson believes that we have first option on him.

"We won't be the only ones interested, thats for sure, but we feel we have the first option on him."

We're also trying to get him down for another reserve game next week, which Danny is hopeful of.

Hopefully if he really is that good, these "other clubs" are nobody special, and we can sign a real gem. Sounds promising :unsure: .

If Danny was surprised that he was released, then why wait? hurry up and snap him up! he's obviously a quality player...........
It isn't just about performance on the pitch though. No doubt DW will be trying to assess his attitude and ability to take instruction, fit in with his team mates etc.

If Liverpool are releasing him they may have reason other than, "he is surplus to requirements"....

Could be a parkin or knight type player then, get him for bugger all and prove to be a great signing, hopefully he'll play next week, have a good game, and wilson will sign the gem, heard about him when he played in the reserves at liverpool, if he had been at say southampton, he would proberly have got a chance, so promising player.

• Admin
You have to wonder why he chose a 2nd division club.

I would have thought most 1st division clubs as well as a few of the smaller premiership clubs would have wanted a look-see... :dunno:

Maybe he's seen the league table, seen our spending this season which I guess is the highest outside Div1 (and higher than most IN Div1) and concluded that we are a Div1 team in the making who are on the up with an ambitious board. He may have ruled out fellow Premiership clubs due to a desire to avoid the same situation as he is facing at Liverpool currently in a similar way to why Lee Miller chose us over Wigan.

But not knowing the guy personally I'm merely speculating.

On a separate note, how can you get "first option" on a "free agent"? :unsure:

I too am surprised Liverpool let him go, after they had been talking so highly of him for such a long period of time. It would be a major mess-up if we don't have first option on him and he signs elsewhere. I'm a bit surprised we didn't sign him up right away. I'd be happy to wait but just beleiving we have first option doesn't quite cut the mustard with me.

Archived