IGNORED

Worse Than The Palace Game, And Not Just By A Goal.

Tim K

Don't get down to Ashton Gate much, so was pleased to get the chance too see City twice up in London - today, and at Palace. After the Palace game I wasn't too despondent, Palace were a nasty little team and we actually looked liked a better footballing side to me. Today was a slightly different story, we looked really poor for most of the game, fragile at the back and tootlhess up front, with far too much hoof ball played from the back and midfield. Aside from the near consolation goal which hit a post there was very little to cheer about. Promotion? I think not...QPR looked a lot more like 2nd place than we did.

Don't get down to Ashton Gate much, so was pleased to get the chance too see City twice up in London - today, and at Palace. After the Palace game I wasn't too despondent, Palace were a nasty little team and we actually looked liked a better footballing side to me. Today was a slightly different story, we looked really poor for most of the game, fragile at the back and tootlhess up front, with far too much hoof ball played from the back and midfield. Aside from the near consolation goal which hit a post there was very little to cheer about. Promotion? I think not...QPR looked a lot more like 2nd place than we did.

But QPR ain't where we are and they won't be because over the WHOLE of the season we have been a good team and i have faith in GJ that he can get us across the finish line and get us promoted.

Have to agree, not a fan of the tendency to hoof the ball up field that seems to have crept in over the last couple of games.

Hope the return of Carey sees the main culprit of the long punt (McCombe) relegated to the bench. Fontaine looked very sure in the second half today so should get the nod with Carey next week.

I hope GJ is brave enough to pick Carle alongside Elliott next week. Think its time for LJ to have a rest, although his free kicks and passing (if played forward!) are quality, so that the moaners can be proved wrong if results don't improve.

Think we looked better with Sproule on the pitch as it meant McIndoe could stay on the left more - width is whats needed?

Would like to see Trundle up front with Adebola?

Think today was a bad day at the office that will soon be forgotten - QPR are only the second team to earn 4 points from us?

CTID

PS Knew QPR's first goal was coming today when some bloke behind me said "technically were top as West Brom are losing" - Whoosh - 1-0 down!

But QPR ain't where we are and they won't be because over the WHOLE of the season we have been a good team and i have faith in GJ that he can get us across the finish line and get us promoted.

My own blind faith was a little jolted by the reality of what I saw today,we were really poor. Here's hoping it was nothing more than the proverbial bad day at the office, with fresh blood settling in etc. The mild spanking we took at Loftus Road certainly won't keep me away from the Charlton game, and AG at least a couple more times this season, as we all enjoy our best season for many years. I know that we are higher up in the league than QPR and have been all season.....my point was that today it quite patently looked like the teams positions were the other way round.

My own blind faith was a little jolted by the reality of what I saw today,we were really poor. Here's hoping it was nothing more than the proverbial bad day at the office, with fresh blood settling in etc. The mild spanking we took at Loftus Road certainly won't keep me away from the Charlton game, and AG at least a couple more times this season, as we all enjoy our best season for many years. I know that we are higher up in the league than QPR and have been all season.....my point was that today it quite patently looked like the teams positions were the other way round.

Everyone has bad days mucker..... but always have faith.... it did sound a bit all headless chickens on the radio, but I'm sure GJ will sort it out but there is by no means to say our luck has run out, I'm sure we will still be in the top 6 at least this season.

Anyways QPR are just going to be another LEEDS i reckon and good too.

Everyone has bad days mucker..... but always have faith.... it did sound a bit all headless chickens on the radio, but I'm sure GJ will sort it out but there is by no means to say our luck has run out, I'm sure we will still be in the top 6 at least this season.

Amen to that!

I have faith in GJ that he can get us across the finish line and get us promoted.

I'd like to agree but based on recent performance's I think a top 2 finish is not realistic, I just hope GJ can get them playing again because at the moment we look poor and it would be a shame to not at least clinch a playoff place after all the hard work over the last 30 games.

Thank goodness Carey is back next week!

I thought this was more disappointing than the Ipswich thrashing, at least Ipswich were an excellent side. Today we looked more like relegation material than promotion contenders. Our lack of coordination and commitment was embarassing and gave our large following little to cheer about. I even disagreed with some of GJs decisions. Roll on next week when we can put it right.

I'd like to agree but based on recent performance's I think a top 2 finish is not realistic, I just hope GJ can't get them playing again because at the moment we look poor and it would be a shame to not at least clinch a playoff place after all the hard work over the last 30 games.

Thank goodness Carey is back next week!

:disapointed2se:

Gary will tell them what is expected for sure.... i mean we're 3rd 1 point from 2nd, and if the league table don't motivate the players i don't know what will to be honest.

But careys return will be a major major boost for us

Gary will tell them what is expected for sure.... i mean we're 3rd 1 point from 2nd, and if the league table don't motivate the players i don't know what will to be honest.

good point about Carey.

You talk about faith in GJ to deliver a top 6 finish.

I think what has happend this season is tht we are suffering from our own success. I am not criticising u as an individual becos i have made similar comments in recent weeks. For example at one point today i was almost angry cos i felt we were "throwing away a chance to move clear"

However, what it is important to remember is that if we finish in the top half this season (so 12th and upwards, it would be fantastic!)

I go back to what i posted back in July/August

"First target is 52 points for survival and if we can get 60 points then that would be an absolute superb season" Now we will make 60 points (touch wood, so i am trying to remember just how good that achievment would be

Like i said before, this isnt a criticism of the quotes uv said bcfc 4 life, it just caught my eye as i was thinking about perspective earlier (not saying u dnt have any) just my own lack of perspective earlier when commenting that we were thorwing away a chance!

good point about Carey.

You talk about faith in GJ to deliver a top 6 finish.

I think what has happend this season is tht we are suffering from our own success. I am not criticising u as an individual becos i have made similar comments in recent weeks. For example at one point today i was almost angry cos i felt we were "throwing away a chance to move clear"

However, what it is important to remember is that if we finish in the top half this season (so 12th and upwards, it would be fantastic!)

I go back to what i posted back in July/August

"First target is 52 points for survival and if we can get 60 points then that would be an absolute superb season" Now we will make 60 points (touch wood, so i am trying to remember just how good that achievment would be

Like i said before, this isnt a criticism of the quotes uv said bcfc 4 life, it just caught my eye as i was thinking about perspective earlier (not saying u dnt have any) just my own lack of perspective earlier when commenting that we were thorwing away a chance!

Good post, i think it has got to the stage where we think like that, but in all honesty we have had chances to pull clear off the chasing pack, but we haven't taken them and such results like a draw at home to colchester being one most of us expected to win being their low league position, TBH i honestly thought we had a chance of winning, i predicted 3-1 before the match which i was confident about but it didn't work! now i live in hope that GJ will have the team focusing on where we are NOW and where we could end up if we perform in the next load of games, as we have a tough away fixtures for the last month which will be hard if we aiming for a top 2 place.

Although i am delighted with our season and it has exceeded mine and also many other cider reds expectation at the start of the season.

EDIT:Can get them playing again.... :innocent06:

No doubt Carey is the the clubs natural leader so he will give the team a boost, I just feel we've stuttered throughout the month of January and don't ned to take this current form into Feburary. We've been know where near our best, time to knuckle down again and kick on as now is the the time to lose the plot!

Points must be taken against Scunny and away from the Gate in general if we're serous about top 2. Away performance's of late have been abject so Gary has work to do.

EDIT:Can get them playing again.... :innocent06:

No doubt Carey is the the clubs natural leader so he will give the team a boost, I just feel we've stuttered throughout the month of January and don't ned to take this current form into Feburary. We've been know where near our best, time to knuckle down again and kick on as now is the the time to lose the plot!

Points must be taken against Scunny and away from the Gate in general if we're serous about top 2. Away performance's of late have been abject so Gary has work to do.

Yes i agree, we must take points against scunny and i think we will beat sheff weds at AG, Carey will lead us up into the premiership and hope we improve, we have fought extremely hard to get where we are and it will require that little bit more of effort to get us into the top 2 and stay there which we ain't doing at the minute.

Archived