IGNORED

Hoops We Get Done Again

Blagdon red

I'm always up for contrary opinion providing it's well thought out.

In terms of Keogh, he's worth a try based on his performances last season particularly those against Middlesborough, however, I would have liked to see us sign an expereinced/quality, CCC defender like Bobby Hassell whose name was mentioned, even if on loan and I suppose a loan's still possible.That coupled with a pacey striker and our squad would have looked far stronger.

I'd also like to see Ribeiro given a chance at right back.

Thanks for the kind comments.

I think right back has been a weaker position of ours all season.

I can never fault Bradley Orr for workrate and commitment but for me his distribution of the ball and occasional positioning is lower league and continues to be.

Given right back is Wilson's preferred position, I've never really seen him get much chance in that position.

His all round football sense and passing ability seems infinitely better than Orr, I am not sure on his defending abilities though because I can't remember seeing him play at the back that much.

I would have thought he would be worth a go as well?

I can never fault Bradley Orr for workrate and commitment but for me his distribution of the ball and occasional positioning is lower league and continues to be.

Given right back is Wilson's preferred position, I've never really seen him get much chance in that position.

His all round football sense and passing ability seems infinitely better than Orr, I am not sure on his defending abilities though because I can't remember seeing him play at the back that much.

Orr has done OK at right back but i think vs the top teams like soton,charlton,sheff utd all to come away i just feel he will get found out. I'd like to see maybe Wilson given a go at RB for these games as i think chucking riberio in or around these games would not be the best ideal due to lack of experience for first team football.

Well written up report i felt BristolBoy

Having not being able to attend the QPR game, it's good to read a well thought out match report.

You say there about dropping LJ, do you think thats a possibility vs sheff weds?

I'd be very surprised if that happened.

In terms of defending, Brad's decent and I campaigned for him to play at right back long before he did, so I'm not anti.However, as you say, Wilson's far better going forward and either he or Ribiero deserve a chance sooner or later and if we ever played with wing backs that would apply even moreso.

A concern is that we don't have many mobile players. If our wingers and Elliott have an off day we are a sitting duck to be honest. Full backs of today are supposed overlap in attack and contribute to good football. Ours don't. Johnson is a good dispatcher of the ball but only make alibi runs. Carle will soon replace him. Got very good technique and some energy. The fact is that we can thank McIndoe, Sproule, Elliott, Carey, Fontaine and Basso for a hughe part of our success. No moaning. Just the truth in my eyes.

Cheers

Tommy

Archived