IGNORED

El Motor

Dave L

At the end of last season Tommy Docherty finished a four year contract at City. The only time he was consistently available, committed and playing well during that time was last season, when his performances earned him another three year contract (only after he'd stalled until the eleventh hour, presumably in the hope of picking up a move to a bigger club).

Based on his performances so far this season, are we going to have to wait another two years before he pulls his finger out, gets fit, sorts out his discipline problems and becomes the player he could be?

El Motor? Send for the RAC.

If Tommy can get fit and play a few more times for Northern Ireland I think we have a chance of getting some money for him and should take the opportunity if it arrives.

Personally, have never been keen on him. Although he can be wonderfully competetive in midfield his shortcomings in terms of discipline, stamina, speed and creativity are much more of a handicap. It's a complete mystery to me that he still seems to command the respect of alot of supporters and an even bigger mystery why Danny ever though him fit to be captain. Give me Joe every time - definitely the better midfield stopper to play alongside Tins and Wilkshire.

Guest Harry May

I think the reason why alot of fans like him so much , is because of his " hard as nails " attitude . It's a shame that he has become a loose cannon . He has got the ability and all the other atributes needed of him - if only he could stop the red mist descending.

Last season, for me, he was one of Citys best players, because he battled hard and kept going and going.

But this season, he seems to be knackered al the time, and he used to let the football do the talking if he got into a s#### (hard football that is), hes lost that now and he dives in with only one thing on his mind. Thats my opinion.

Guest Cyprus_Red

dohertys "hard man" attitude has already cost us points this season. wycombe is an example.

he trots around the pitch like he owns it and looks knacked after bout 20 mins.

joe burnell should definately keep his place in centre mid.

Archived