IGNORED

Why Theres A Need

robins72

Looking at our last 9 away matches we have won 2 drawn 3 and lost 4 matches. We havent scored in 4 away games now(the last being Burnley) and we have only scored 2 goals in one match this season and that was back in December against Watford!!This has now got us in a position where we are now in minus goal difference which could cost us come the end of the season.

Our home form is however better Winning 5=6drawing 2 and losing 2 matches. If we don't sure up the defence then we will lose games like yesterday. But my main concern is lack of goals particularly away from home. I really don't think Johnson knows what his best away formation is and now he has a selection headache in midfield on whether he starts with Lj or Carle in midfield.

So how do we sort out our lack of goals do we persue with what we have got? Or do we gamble with a loan striker? Will Adebola solve our problems infront of goal?? From yesterdays performance we cannot lump the ball up the field to him as it doesnt work and is awful to watch. I really hope we are quick out of the starting blocks against Sheffied Wednesday on Saturday.

Looking at our last 9 away matches we have won 2 drawn 3 and lost 4 matches. We havent scored in 4 away games now(the last being Burnley) and we have only scored 2 goals in one match this season and that was back in December against Watford!!This has now got us in a position where we are now in minus goal difference which could cost us come the end of the season.

Our home form is however better Winning 5=6drawing 2 and losing 2 matches. If we don't sure up the defence then we will lose games like yesterday. But my main concern is lack of goals particularly away from home. I really don't think Johnson knows what his best away formation is and now he has a selection headache in midfield on whether he starts with Lj or Carle in midfield.

So how do we sort out our lack of goals do we persue with what we have got? Or do we gamble with a loan striker? Will Adebola solve our problems infront of goal?? From yesterdays performance we cannot lump the ball up the field to him as it doesnt work and is awful to watch. I really hope we are quick out of the starting blocks against Sheffied Wednesday on Saturday.

how about the 3-0 win vs coventry at the ricoh?

But i just can't think of a way we can improve our goal scoring ability but we haven't been playing well i hope that GJ can see this and improve it back to like it was.

Also think that when carey is back we will be stronger in defense and will be grateful to have his leadership back.

how about the 3-0 win vs coventry at the ricoh?

But i just can't think of a way we can improve our goal scoring ability but we haven't been playing well i hope that GJ can see this and improve it back to like it was.

Also think that when carey is back we will be stronger in defense and will be grateful to have his leadership back.

Coventry was 5 months ago. Results speak for themselves if you don't score goals you don't win games.

Coventry was 5 months ago. Results speak for themselves if you don't score goals you don't win games.

Yeah i know, but looking at our strikers i can see a couple who can score but just seem to be not doing it rather it be lack of service or just not taking chances... it needs to improve though... Maybe a loan....

We scored 3 Away at Coventry City

Who cares it was still this season which was his point in the first place

Yes your correct although since then the goals away from home have dried up and if we don't improve away from home we may miss out on a top six spot at the end of the season. That will be a disappointment as we have been in the top six all season.

Yes your correct although since then the goals away from home have dried up and if we don't improve away from home we may miss out on a top six spot at the end of the season. That will be a disappointment as we have been in the top six all season.

:clap: What options have we got to get these goals coming away from home though?

I can't think of any of I'm just hoping big dele will change our results away from AG atm.

:clap: What options have we got to get these goals coming away from home though?

I can't think of any of I'm just hoping big dele will change our results away from AG atm.

I guess we will have to wait and see what formation Gary uses for the S****horpe game. But I'm sure he wont be fielding the same starting 11 as at Qpr!! I think Adebola will come good was just a bad debut for him.

I guess we will have to wait and see what formation Gary uses for the S****horpe game. But I'm sure he wont be fielding the same starting 11 as at Qpr!! I think Adebola will come good was just a bad debut for him.

He just needs support i think, it sounded like he was holding the ball up well but noone there to support him which i thought byfield would of done. I think we will change formation back to the 4-4-1-1 formation we normally use, although i'd like us to play with 2 strikers upfront at home to weds.

It would help if the manager played his best players in there prefered positions and not mess around the team to fit players in.I honestly think that the defence will inprove with the return of Carey and Fontain to the center of defence andwith Carle playing in the midfield i feel we will have a lot stronger look about us against Sheffield Wednesday.

come ON YOOOOOOU REDS

It would help if the manager played his best players in there prefered positions and not mess around the team to fit players in.I honestly think that the defence will inprove with the return of Carey and Fontain to the center of defence andwith Carle playing in the midfield i feel we will have a lot stronger look about us against Sheffield Wednesday.

come ON YOOOOOOU REDS

I agree with the point via Carey and Fonts, our defense will be much better as it was for most of the season, thats a point well made and i don't think many people can disagree with that mate.

As for playing carle, will he get in infront of LJ though? will Gary drop his son for carle, it will be intresting to see but IMO i don't think he will drop LJ for carle.

I agree with the point via Carey and Fonts, our defense will be much better as it was for most of the season, thats a point well made and i don't think many people can disagree with that mate.

As for playing carle, will he get in infront of LJ though? will Gary drop his son for carle, it will be intresting to see but IMO i don't think he will drop LJ for carle.

If all fully fit I'd play

Basso

Orr - Carey - Fontaine - McAllister (this back 4 has got us to third all season)

Sproule - Elliott - Carle - McIndoe (Wingers on the wing and f you buy a player of Carle's quality you play him in position!)

Adebola - Trundle (Give this a chance to settle at least as well)

That side doesn't become bad overnight. Everybody has a wobble but it is compounded by the nonsense idea of keeping the same team from a game before irrelevant of the different type of threat!

That side doesn't become bad overnight. Everybody has a wobble but it is compounded by the nonsense idea of keeping the same team from a game before irrelevant of the different type of threat!

Maybe that's it, too much emphasis on not changing a winning team, when in reality on the whole we have a winning squad. Maybe try the rotation theory, not just to keep players happy and interested but the old 'horses or courses' or the 'golf clubs in a bag' GJ likes to quote.

And replying to the original question of why there is a need to score goals, besides the obvious of hopefully goals=points, they also breed confidence.

QPR sounded like they dominated and battered us and grew in confidence after their first goal. I'm not saying it's easy but we need to get tougher, take the upper hand when we are at home and impose ourselves on the opposition, score a goal and then another to kill off games. The killer touch has been sadly lacking this season on the whole. If we could only find a bit of this the confidence and the goals will come. We really must kick on now and find some home form, real home form with goals. I'm not a fan of the Palace/QPR whoosh football, but if teams won't let us play we must find another way, Adebola seems like his adds this.

The window is shut, these are the players GJ decided will kick us onwards and upwards, have a bit of faith in him and them and it will come good, it has to doesn't it. Failure is not an option to quote good old DW!!!

I wasn't at QPR but oddly enough we sounded a better team at 3 down than we did at 1-0, so it's not like we aren't confident or lack the players & skills to have a go, maybe QPR had decided it was job done by then though.

Maybe that's it, too much emphasis on not changing a winning team, when in reality on the whole we have a winning squad. Maybe try the rotation theory, not just to keep players happy and interested but the old 'horses or courses' or the 'golf clubs in a bag' GJ likes to quote.

And replying to the original question of why there is a need to score goals, besides the obvious of hopefully goals=points, they also breed confidence.

QPR sounded like they dominated and battered us and grew in confidence after their first goal. I'm not saying it's easy but we need to get tougher, take the upper hand when we are at home and impose ourselves on the opposition, score a goal and then another to kill off games. The killer touch has been sadly lacking this season on the whole. If we could only find a bit of this the confidence and the goals will come. We really must kick on now and find some home form, real home form with goals. I'm not a fan of the Palace/QPR whoosh football, but if teams won't let us play we must find another way, Adebola seems like his adds this.

The window is shut, these are the players GJ decided will kick us onwards and upwards, have a bit of faith in him and them and it will come good, it has to doesn't it. Failure is not an option to quote good old DW!!!

I wasn't at QPR but oddly enough we sounded a better team at 3 down than we did at 1-0, so it's not like we aren't confident or lack the players & skills to have a go, maybe QPR had decided it was job done by then though.

Spot on there Em. We seem to get over-run by physical teams like Qpr and Palace. We need to toughen up a bit. I don't mean high flying tackles and sendings off, but be a strong unit. We ARE capable of beating anyone in this division as has been proved, and I treat every game as difficult in this league. I'm sure Gary uses the same theory but when on the pitch perhaps the players don't?

Why should he drop LJ? THe only people calling for LJ to be replaced by Carle are the ones that think he is a direct replacement... The thought of LJ and Carle in the same team is so much more exciting

Why should he drop LJ? THe only people calling for LJ to be replaced by Carle are the ones that think he is a direct replacement... The thought of LJ and Carle in the same team is so much more exciting

Because Elliot is more of a defensive midfielder and puts in a harder tackle then LJ does, also carle and LJ won't work in the middle because they both are attack minded and it will be like the gerrard and lampard centre for england....

And the midfield would be a walk over for teams like sheff utd soton charlton all away....

Archived