IGNORED

SUPER REDS

Hopefully we have a 442 formation on Saturday,we have to win the home games and this gives us width for the likes of L.Johnson to find the wide playes in space,with now adebola in the box for headers and Byfield for the ball off ,we have to attack teams at home

So no place for Nicky Carle?

4-4-1-1, simple as!

basso

orr, carey (even if 50% fit and one leg!), fontaine, j mac

sproule, elliott, johnson, m mac

carle

adebola

subs: weale, mccombe, skuse, trundle (if back), byfield

how much does gary get paid to make decisions like this??? :noexpression:

Same as. Trundle trained yesterday so should be available.

Hopefully we have a 442 formation on Saturday,we have to win the home games and this gives us width for the likes of L.Johnson to find the wide playes in space,with now adebola in the box for headers and Byfield for the ball off ,we have to attack teams at home

If the 4-4-2 shapes up anything like the QPR game I'd say no thanks - with a 4-4-1-1 and Carle in the hole, Mcindoe & Sproule attacking the flanks and Adebola up front we should still see attacking football and goals from midfield as well as Adebola's opening brace for the club. I make that 4-0 - haha!

So no place for Nicky Carle?

4-4-2 yes and really it has to be one or the other along side elliott

not a LJ or a NC bash but one or the other, we need to start to use our

wide men and strikers and get a settled partnership going, lets see what a 4-4-2 can do

vs sheff, carle in a wide position in a 4-4-2 won't work but sproule yes.

Exactly.

If GJ is insistant on playing LJ then he can't play Carle aswell. Elliot isnt 'undropable' but hes pretty damn close to being there. Our Midfield needs to be settled and we do have the players for it. We have 2 quality wingers and we need to utilize them to the fullest. My team for Saturday would be..

Jamie Mac Carey Fonts Orr

Mcindoe Carle Elliot Sproule

Trunds Adebola

But we can also go with 4-4-1-1 which will enable GJ to fit both Carle and Baby Lee in there, but against a team down the bottom, when we are, at the moment, struggling for goals a little bit, i think it would be too negative to do that. Therefore the team above would be my personal preferance.

What do I know though? Not as much as GJ is the answer, hopefully he can find his best side out of our very good squad and hopefully push on and secure at least a playoff place. Not really thinking of the Premiership just yet though ;)

Exactly.

If GJ is insistant on playing LJ then he can't play Carle aswell. Elliot isnt 'undropable' but hes pretty damn close to being there. Our Midfield needs to be settled and we do have the players for it. We have 2 quality wingers and we need to utilize them to the fullest. My team for Saturday would be..

Jamie Mac Carey Fonts Orr

Mcindoe Carle Elliot Sproule

Trunds Adebola

But we can also go with 4-4-1-1 which will enable GJ to fit both Carle and Baby Lee in there, but against a team down the bottom, when we are, at the moment, struggling for goals a little bit, i think it would be too negative to do that. Therefore the team above would be my personal preferance.

What do I know though? Not as much as GJ is the answer, hopefully he can find his best side out of our very good squad and hopefully push on and secure at least a playoff place. Not really thinking of the Premiership just yet though ;)

I agree with that team myself.

I am a Johnson fan but maybe he could do with a rest? No harm in giving him one day off.

I agree with that team myself.

I am a Johnson fan but maybe he could do with a rest? No harm in giving him one day off.

I'm in neither camp, i don't dislike him but i don't particularly like him either, hes a Bristol City player and a good one. Thats how i see it really. LJ seems to be a player that either has a blinder or a stinker. I just feel that maybe we would be a better team with Elliot and Carle at the centre of things and like you said, it would hurt to drop him for one game see how it goes.

If the 4-4-2 shapes up anything like the QPR game I'd say no thanks - with a 4-4-1-1 and Carle in the hole, Mcindoe & Sproule attacking the flanks and Adebola up front we should still see attacking football and goals from midfield as well as Adebola's opening brace for the club. I make that 4-0 - haha!

if we play 4-4-1-1 like we did v Palace i say no thanks!!!!

Archived