IGNORED

City Atmosphere

Guest RyanBCFC

Guest RyanBCFC

Do u think the city atmospher at home and away games are as good as other championship fans, better or worse?

At qpr and wolves away games we brang lots of fans but failed to make a lot of noise.

And it does tend to go queit at some home games for example Blackpool.

Your thoughts -

:city:

Guest WellyCiderHead
Do u think the city atmospher at home and away games are as good as other championship fans, better or worse?

At qpr and wolves away games we brang lots of fans but failed to make a lot of noise.

And it does tend to go queit at some home games for example Blackpool.

Your thoughts -

:city:

Always a quality atmosphere in the east end. Away games used to be better for atmosphere but i reckon home games in the East end are far better now.

Cant really hear the rest of the ground at all apart from the occasional 'Come on u reds' when we have a corner.

Where do u sit in the ground?

I think away games are worse this season due to the amount of fans we are taking. When we sell out we end up in reserved seating which means it is impossible to sit with like minded fans and the singers are spread all over the stand instead of together like last season.

I think away games are worse this season due to the amount of fans we are taking. When we sell out we end up in reserved seating which means it is impossible to sit with like minded fans and the singers are spread all over the stand instead of together like last season.

Agree - eg Burnley, when we only took about 1,000 the away atmosphere was excellent, and there was no trouble at all. Represents a bit more of a trek than to WBA or Palace, where more people might be tempted to travel.

i've not sat in a reserved seat yet and don't intend to do so,singers should all stand together

I agree about standing together but its not always possible. On Sat i was in the top tier in row b and trying to get a song going from there was nearly impossible. Again at Brom we were down the right hand side and were sat around people who were not happy about us standing up and singing. I remember at Reading a few year ago some old bloke complaining to the stewards about us, as we got of our seats one or twice when City were attacking.

the design of 3 out of 4 stands makes it inevitable that the atmosphere will be poor, the only way for the atmosphere to improve is to put the away fans in with the williams and give the east end back, my evidence for such an argument=rotherham promotion game it was honestly the best atmosphere i have ever experienced and the east end started every song.

Was at QPR where the atmosphere was dire for a big following :disapointed2se: , We tried our best to get a few songs going in the lower stand right hand side but had little response. At home we need the East End open not just to season ticket holders but to anyone who wants to go in there on the day. this always creates great atmosphere & I'm sure the players really appreciate this when kicking towards the eastend, the trouble is the club are reluctant to open the eastend fully due to policing costs which cost an extra £10k a game to police the eastend. (Bloody Rozzers spoiling are fun) PS I'm putting Michael Owen on the bench tonight as he never asked to leave the table at last nights meal. :englandsmile4wf:

This season for me has the same atmosphere issues as last season -

Away atmosphere is much better than home atmosphere. At home I sit in the Williams and I've so got used to not standing or singing that I actually concentrate on the game a bit more.

The closer to Bristol (the larger the crowd) the crapper the away end.

Last season I very much enjoyed Oldham and Carlisle amongst others. Crap ones were such as Brentford.

Swansea was a different kettle of fish but that was because of the hostility (Cardiff will be the same)

The larger the numbers, the more diluted the noise. A mate of mine goes to Old Trafford often and says he'd much prefer the United away ends.

If it goes for Man United, it goes for Bristol City!!

Archived